Cinema The Leftovers season 3

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
yea another cop out. lets have random shit happen for no reason! what a viewing experience!
its not a cop out. its based off a book. something happens. it is a rapture like event. it couldve been anything tho. the point is jsut to follow people and see how it affects them. how it tears them apart. how it brings them together.

as they say in my favorite book, "journey before destination"

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
its not a cop out. its based off a book. something happens. it is a rapture like event. it couldve been anything tho. the point is jsut to follow people and see how it affects them. how it tears them apart. how it brings them together.

as they say in my favorite book, "journey before destination"
the book is a cop out

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
within a storytelling context.. it should.

It does. The show uses a modern day Rapture event to show how people will respond to grief. Some desperately want to believe in religion to give themselves hope in a hopeless world. Some completely give up, most of the show is pretty pessimistic. It tears some families apart and brings some together.

"Lindelof, the co-creator, and his team (which includes Tom Perrotta, the other co-creator, who wrote the novel on which the show is based; the religious scholar Reza Aslan, a consultant; and directors such as Mimi Leder) persist in dramatizing the grandest of philosophical notions and addressing existential mysteries—like the origins of maternal love and loss—without shame, thus giving the audience permission to react to them in equally vulnerable ways. They’re willing to risk the ridiculous in search of something profound."

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
It does. The show uses a modern day Rapture event to show how people will respond to grief. Some desperately want to believe in religion to give themselves hope in a hopeless world. Some completely give up, most of the show is pretty pessimistic. It tears some families apart and brings some together.

"Lindelof, the co-creator, and his team (which includes Tom Perrotta, the other co-creator, who wrote the novel on which the show is based; the religious scholar Reza Aslan, a consultant; and directors such as Mimi Leder) persist in dramatizing the grandest of philosophical notions and addressing existential mysteries—like the origins of maternal love and loss—without shame, thus giving the audience permission to react to them in equally vulnerable ways. They’re willing to risk the ridiculous in search of something profound."
Well said.

Some say this show elicits feelings that they arent comfortable with. Others say it elicits feelings that they dont understand. For me, this show elicits feelings that I can't even feel if that makes sense. Like feelings on a subconscious level....

Very powerful and I can't put it into words. I just know that I love the experience.

1.5 episodes left in season 2 :)

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9RmAo6XVAA&feature=youtu.be

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I know you are only trying to ruffle some feathers here, Zeph @Zeph, but yeah, any show or movie that simply puts it to god or aliens is in no way or shape better. It just uses an established 'explanation' to close a perceived hole. And that would literally be like one sentence. It doesn't matter for this show and wouldn't leave you any more satisfied since they wouldn't get into it further neither.

Yuki Nakai's Eye

Slow in the head, Quick in bed
Sep 2, 2015
Watched last night. First time. I must go back and watch season one and two.
Ugh. You've triggered me. You're like my idiot friend who started watching GOT while season 4 was airing and then was also playing catch up and watching from Season 1

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Ugh. You've triggered me. You're like my idiot friend who started watching GOT while season 4 was airing and then was also playing catch up and watching from Season 1
Oh my!

Are you calling me an idiot? So much for sweet talking, aye

Yuki Nakai's Eye

Slow in the head, Quick in bed
Sep 2, 2015
Oh my!

Are you calling me an idiot? So much for sweet talking, aye
Nope, calling the way you're choosing to watch a show idiotic. Big difference.

You ruined so much of the story for yourself by deciding to jump into a series at the 1st episode of the final season.

When you read books do you read the last chapter first?

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Good start.

I love the random humor of the show. A giant fuckin' Gary Busey.

Dean confirmed to be real.

I think the setting is moving to Australia soon.

I'd go gay for Kevin.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Nope, calling the way you're choosing to watch a show idiotic. Big difference.

You ruined so much of the story for yourself by deciding to jump into a series at the 1st episode of the final season.

When you read books do you read the last chapter first?
It's just a different approach. U miss out in one sense on the surprise factor. But u get a partial "rewatch" experience on ur first run thru which is cool in its own right :)

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Made a last minute season 2 recap yesterday if anyone is bored. My computer shit the bed. Took couple hours longer than I had hoped. It ended up taking forever to "produce" once I hit go, which meant I started season 3 20 minutes late.

And then when I uploaded the this morning, got a copyright claim so I spent forever removing shit so that I could upload it...

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Made a last minute season 2 recap yesterday if anyone is bored. My computer shit the bed. Took couple hours longer than I had hoped. It ended up taking forever to "produce" once I hit go, which meant I started season 3 20 minutes late.

And then when I uploaded the this morning, got a copyright claim so I spent forever removing shit so that I could upload it...
"Wooo my man Matt is not a creep!"

LOL

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
im not in a position yet to do an episode breakdown or easter eggs. i just dont know the show well enough. need to rewatch the first two seasons if i want to do that

so knowing that ahead of time, i recorded my reaction to last nights episode. i;ve never done a "reaction" video before, so it will be interesting to see if it gets any views.

just finished splicing out the pieces of the show that i reacted to, so id assume these are the "highlights"

oh and guys, please dont ever feel obligated to watch my shit. ever. seriously. time is valuable. i dont rely on u guys for views. i post it just bc i spend hours on it, so once im done... i usually have a good feeling about it LOL. hours later, when the euphoria wears off, i join everyone else and hate my hate videos