Cinema The Leftovers season 3

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Made a last minute season 2 recap yesterday if anyone is bored. My computer shit the bed. Took couple hours longer than I had hoped. It ended up taking forever to "produce" once I hit go, which meant I started season 3 20 minutes late.

And then when I uploaded the this morning, got a copyright claim so I spent forever removing shit so that I could upload it...
Did you do one for season one?

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
He thought you were defending me when he called me an idiot, hence white knight alert.
Oh I totally get it now. I had for gotten about that lol. I see he edited his post now. He must've read my mind and realized I was too dumb to scroll back and realize what he meant

But to be honest, u should definitely avoid future spoilers an episodes if u can. He's right. Watch it from the beginning :)

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Did you do one for season one?
No not yet. I just did season 2 sincr I statting engaging with people on the leftovers reddit and a couple people were asking for one.

HBo has a 5.5 minute recap of season 1 which is pretty good, so I dunno if I'm gonna do a season 1 recap...

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Oh I totally get it now. I had for gotten about that lol. I see he edited his post now. He must've read my mind and realized I was too dumb to scroll back and realize what he meant

But to be honest, u should definitely avoid future spoilers an episodes if u can. He's right. Watch it from the beginning :)
You suck at being a white knight.

Unless you are now White knighting Yuki Nakai's Eye @Yuki Nakai's Eye. If so, carry on. I don't mind sharing. :D

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Btw I wasn't being a white knight intentionally. I just like playing devils advocate. Not because I like fighting, but bc I think it's a healthy habbit. I'm know I've said something similar to this in a political thread, but the concept is more wide reaching in theory....

Im trying to see things nowadays as grey. Even if there's a "right" way for me, that doesn't mean it's the right way for everyone. And even if I find my views to be the minority, that doesn't mean I'm wrong when it comes down to something that is a function of perspective and preferences. Something subjective.

So I play devils advocate, partially to spread the message of grey, but also as an exercise of forced acknowledgement that my initial opinion was just that...an opinion

So going back, my initial opinion was that he was right. But I resisted saying that and forced myself to play devils advocate.

But yeh, in this case, I actually think the best route is to watch from the beginning without spoilers :))

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Forgot how good this show was. Watched Episode 1 of Season 3, loved it and had to go refresh with the Season 2 ending.

It's even better now and I don't understand how "nothing happens" is a complaint? There's a ton of character drama and development occurring all the time.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
made an episode 2 "things you missed" type video yesterday. it long as hell, so i dont blame yall if u dont have time to watch it. its the first time i made a video like this. my computer sucks. for the last 8 hours of the editing, the computer barely functions (16 hours total since i lost 3 hours of work at one point)

shoutout to the site @11:15ish and also in the outro

making an episode 3 prediction video right now. just read the theory that i think is correct. if any of yall want ot be screncapped in the video and lmk. share your predictions and i can throw them out there as options even if its not the theory im rolling with for the majority of the video. and if u dont have any ideas but want a shoutout, ill tell u what to say lol

#iHeartTMMAC

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
made an episode 2 "things you missed" type video yesterday. it long as hell, so i dont blame yall if u dont have time to watch it. its the first time i made a video like this. my computer sucks. for the last 8 hours of the editing, the computer barely functions (16 hours total since i lost 3 hours of work at one point)

shoutout to the site @11:15ish and also in the outro

making an episode 3 prediction video right now. just read the theory that i think is correct. if any of yall want ot be screncapped in the video and lmk. share your predictions and i can throw them out there as options even if its not the theory im rolling with for the majority of the video. and if u dont have any ideas but want a shoutout, ill tell u what to say lol

#iHeartTMMAC

6:18

"She plugs in a thumbnail..."

:p

You meant thumb drive.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
6:18

"She plugs in a thumbnail..."

:p

You meant thumb drive.
hah no doubt. sorry about the length of this video. it turned into a monster. and then i coujldnt really effecieiently review and edit it after awhile because the project just freezes non stop. so i basically hit "produce" blind and hope that it kind of makes sense

next weeks will be <10min for sure. some people love longer videos. and youtube's algorithm DEFinitELY favors longer videos (as long as people are watching high percentage of them), but personally, i dont watch youtube videos if they are over 8min lol 5-8 is ideal in my book

one of these days, im gonna say something completely out of line and not catch it on my reviews. and even worse are quotes. when i do game of thrones, i type a lot of quotes from the books. u know how bad a typer i am. i know one of these days im gonna accidentally hit control+V and its going to paste something like "amia miley" in the middle of a george R. R. martin quote lol

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
sorry about the length of this video. it turned into a monster

Not at all. This is without a doubt the best leftovers video that I have come across. It's also done in a style that I would like to see other television show analysis done in.

Maybe a lot of others want it to be shorter, and I could be on my own. But just my opinion that was excellent and I would watch every single one of your dialysis after every episode if you keep doing them that way. I particularly like the rehash at the end with questions that maybe I hadn't thought about.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Not at all. This is without a doubt the best leftovers video that I have come across. It's also done in a style that I would like to see other television show analysis done in.

Maybe a lot of others want it to be shorter, and I could be on my own. But just my opinion that was excellent and I would watch every single one of your dialysis after every episode if you keep doing them that way. I particularly like the rehash at the end with questions that maybe I hadn't thought about.
really nice of you. thanks!

i felt good about the style of this video ahead of time (which was why i was spoke highly of it earlier in the day before i even strted producing it lol). but yeh. my computer just cant handle the software. so it ends up taking longer than it should. but an even worse side effect is that i always end up having to just roll with what i got bc its too difficult to clean up, fix, or change segments since i literally cant even scroll left or right on the timeline. ill click right for example, and the computer will freeze for 30 seconds before it shifts LOL. and if i accidentaly click a second time, the app will crash haha

but yeh, thanks again for ur kind words. u are awesome!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
but yeh. my computer just cant handle the software. so it ends up taking longer than it should. but an even worse side effect is that i always end up having to just roll with what i got bc its too difficult to clean up, fix, or change segments since i literally cant even scroll left or right on the timeline. ill click right for example, and the computer will freeze for 30 seconds before it shifts LOL.

What are you using? Premiere?

If you Buy new computer. Needs tons of RAM, new i7 processor, and an SSD. The another big drive to hold projects to go back and use later.
Video card not really important.

Could get a Dell outfitted to do this for 800 bucks or less I bet. Keep an eye on slickdeals.

You missed this a few weeks ago...
Dell XPS 8910 Desktop: i7-6700, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, GTX 750Ti, Win 10 Pro $690 or Less + Free S&H

But has everything needed except ssd. And that can be added easily on the cheap.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

If you Buy new computer. Needs tons of RAM, new i7 processor, and an SSD. The another big drive to hold projects to go back and use later.

Could get a Dell outfitted to do this for 800 bucks or less I bet. Keep an eye on slickdeals.

Dell XPS 8910 Desktop: i7-6700, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, GTX 750Ti, Win 10 Pro $690 or Less + Free S&H

But has everything needed except ssd. And that can be added easily on the cheap.
Oh sick. I totally didn't even think to leverage ur expertise. Appreciate the advice. Ill throw something by u soon t get ur opinion. My 400 dollar laptop doesn't suffice. Plus I need tO buy a couple reap monitors. I bet I'll save a significant amount of time and be able to put togethera much better r product.

I'm using camtasia. I tried light works but it wss very technical. This one is really was to underatand. 200 bucks. I might look into adobe some day tho bc I guess that's one of the best...

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Oh sick. I totally didn't even think to leverage ur expertise. Appreciate the advice. Ill throw something by u soon t get ur opinion. My 400 dollar laptop doesn't suffice. Plus I need tO buy a couple reap monitors
Yeah man, monitors on slickdeals too. Newegg, dell, and amazon often have cheap monitors that re pretty decent quality.

I might look into adobe some day tho bc I guess that's one of the best...
Everyone eventually goes to Adobe I think, but its more technical and may not be needed. You've already got a good product coming out as is. Rock and roll with what you got and focus on a machine with processor and RAM would be my opinion.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

This. All of this.

And when you think you have enough RAM, add more if possible.