General The Looming National Security Crisis: Young Americans Unable to Serve in the Military

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Yes, I'm not disagreeing with any of this. These are the kind of qualified applicants they want. Note these are enlisted people, people they hired.

We are talking about the rejects and there are more rejects and fewer of the enlisted type qualifyees to choose from because fewer and fewer of these qualified people from this generation are interested in joining the military than any generation before them.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Yes, I'm not disagreeing with any of this. These are the kind of qualified applicants they want. Note these are enlisted people, people they hired.

We are talking about the rejects and there are more rejects and fewer of the enlisted type qualifyees to choose from because fewer and fewer of these qualified people from this generation are interested in joining the military than any generation before them.
So you're saying we should get a bigger navy?

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Which articles?
At the bottom there are three.
Also this one.

As Fewer Americans Serve, Growing Gap Is Found Between Civilians and Military

I only get my info about your country through reading, don't mistake this as me being an ass. If I'm wrong tell me and I'll like to not repeat bad information.
Why Are So Few Millennials Willing To Join The Military?

When terrorists attack our country or our allies, millennials are in line with every other demographic group in America in supporting increased security measures, use of force, and military service.

They just don’t want to be the ones to do it.

According to research conducted before and after the Paris attacks by the Harvard Institute of Politics, a full 60% of millennials (adults between 18 and 29 years old) now support the use of ground troops in combating the Islamic State. Yet when asked if they would be willing to serve in the armed forces, only 15% conveyed any willingness at all to do so.

While plenty of theories abound as to why that is, the facts are the millennial generation is less involved, less interested, and less engaged than members of Generation X or Baby Boomers. When compared to those generations, millennials are also less likely to talk about politics, rate it as a top interest, or step into a voting booth, according to Pew Research Center.

Research has also shown that millennials are significantly less likely to describe themselves as patriotic than Gen Xers or Boomers, less likely to identify as members of the Republican Party, and less likely to exhibit social trust.

The comparison of these data points suggests a generation largely out of step with the institutions tasked with defending it.

Why Are So Few Millennials Willing To Join The Military?

A more inclusive military won't matter if young people won't include themselves | Scott Beauchamp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...else-fight-their-wars/?utm_term=.f5ceb5ccef90

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Youre wrong. Please don't repeat it
Just as a further comment on my asking for an exanplantion, you must remember that I'm in a pretty liberal area of Canada. To me those articles makes sense because many Canadian millenials seem very uninterested in joining the military or even talking about politics. These articles very well could be describing you average Canadian millenial. Seems reasonable to me.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
I was just interested in this subject. If my sources were not good I just want to know why. Why you all being unanswering? Don't you want People to know about your country the right way? Otherwise i can only know what I read.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I was just interested in this subject. If my sources were not good I just want to know why. Why you all being unanswering? Don't you want People to know about your country the right way? Otherwise i can only know what I read.
Sorry, I am Chinese I don't know much about America.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

What if your read the links and articles in the OP and talked about those first?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Just as a further comment on my asking for an exanplantion, you must remember that I'm in a pretty liberal area of Canada. To me those articles makes sense because many Canadian millenials seem very uninterested in joining the military or even talking about politics. These articles very well could be describing you average Canadian millenial. Seems reasonable to me.
You're trying too hard bro, in like every single post you make. Not to teach you trolling lessons or anything, but it's not even subtle. A lack if intelligence on your part is to blame, but equally responsible should be the mods for allowing this to continue. I really like you, in a "you should have been banned a long time ago" kind of way, so I want to see you succeed here, in a "can someone ban this guy now?" fashion.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
What if your read the links and articles in the OP and talked about those first?
I did read them. I aknowledge military applicants has an obesity problem among the other factors such as education and crime but what about people not wanting to enroll? It says in the article the military is having a hard time attracting qualified people because of the healthy civilian job market. Aren't these the prospective good candidate but uninterested millenials the articles I linked talked about?

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
You're trying too hard bro, in like every single post you make. Not to teach you trolling lessons or anything, but it's not even subtle. A lack if intelligence on your part is to blame, but equally responsible should be the mods for allowing this to continue. I really like you, in a "you should have been banned a long time ago" kind of way, so I want to see you succeed here, in a "can someone ban this guy now?" fashion.
I don't really come here to make jokes. I come here to learn about western people and western isms.