The mini SNES Classic launches in September for $80

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

The Super NES Classic Edition will launch on September 29th for $79.99. Like its predecessor the NES Classic, it will allow players to easily play retro games on high-definition televisions, thanks to an HDMI connection.
The full list of games included on the SNES Classic follows:
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
EarthBound
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO
Kirby Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi’s Island

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016

The Super NES Classic Edition will launch on September 29th for $79.99. Like its predecessor the NES Classic, it will allow players to easily play retro games on high-definition televisions, thanks to an HDMI connection.
The full list of games included on the SNES Classic follows:
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
EarthBound
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO
Kirby Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi’s Island
Definitely going to try and get my paws on one of these!

Thanks for the heads up bro :)

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015
I love that they are including 2 controllers and apparently the controllers will have longer cords then the nes mini.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I love that they are including 2 controllers and apparently the controllers will have longer cords then the nes mini.
That was a big draw back to the nes one, they did come out with 3rd party ones with longer cords but it took a while

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
So I can get a shitty version of the SNES for the same price as an actual SNES? Sign me up!!!

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
So I can get a shitty version of the SNES for the same price as an actual SNES? Sign me up!!!
If it's like the first one it will play the games more clearly and better than the original system. Also, good luck buying a original snes and those 20 games for under 2 grand.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Also, good luck buying a original snes and those 20 games for under 2 grand.
I have an SNES and about 10 games. (Many of them better titles than being offered) It cost me nowhere near 2 grand. Pretty sure it was less than $150. SNES didn't age the same horrendous way NES did, they aren't that difficult to find.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I have an SNES and about 10 games. (Many of them better titles than being offered) It cost me nowhere near 2 grand. Pretty sure it was less than $150. SNES didn't age the same horrendous way NES did, they aren't that difficult to find.
That's an awesome deal. I've never seen them go that cheaply around here and some of the games on that list are not cheap. You could likely find deals on eBay if you look but no matter how you do it a regular dude will never find all twenty games and a snes with two working controllers for 80 bucks. I'm pretty sure you need an adapter to get a snes to work on modern tvs as well.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
That's an awesome deal. I've never seen them go that cheaply around here and some of the games on that list are not cheap. You could likely find deals on eBay if you look but no matter how you do it a regular dude will never find all twenty games and a snes with two working controllers for 80 bucks. I'm pretty sure you need an adapter to get a snes to work on modern tvs as well.
Been a while since I've pulled it out, but I don't remember it being anything crazy adapter wise. To be honest I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a working one on your local Kijiji.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
Pretty much.

Ive had a SNES since I was 8.

All three Mega Man, MK and Street Fighter games, used to have Chrono Trigger, FF3 and Legend of Zelda too, but unfortunately lost those :(.

Chrono Trigger goes for like 300 on eBay too... :confused:. I got it back before it became so expensive, so Im pretty broken hearted about that.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
this will sell out fast the don't make enough units.

I can't even get an NES mini or if I do find one the price is laughable like 400 dollars.

fuck them for not supplying the demand.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
The games these days must be shitty now people go back to the old stuff. Or is it nostalgia? I mean, actual kids, they choose the old stuff over whatever what's going on on consoles today? Especially if you consider the price of these things. I'm willing to pay $35 for it, no more.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
The games these days must be shitty now people go back to the old stuff. Or is it nostalgia? I mean, actual kids, they choose the old stuff over whatever what's going on on consoles today? Especially if you consider the price of these things. I'm willing to pay $35 for it, no more.
You didn't have a nintendo?

The games on the nes and snes were fun . a fun game is eternal like crash bandicoot 2 for example even though ps1 had terrible graphics.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
You didn't have a nintendo?

The games on the nes and snes were fun . a fun game is eternal like crash bandicoot 2 for example even though ps1 had terrible graphics.
Yes, sure did. But games became better. When I think of all time classics I think of Red Dead Revolver, GTA, Fallout, X-Com, Elder Scrolls, etc. I was just wondering whether the new games are becoming stale enough for people to go back to the original stuff.

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015
Yes, sure did. But games became better. When I think of all time classics I think of Red Dead Revolver, GTA, Fallout, X-Com, Elder Scrolls, etc. I was just wondering whether the new games are becoming stale enough for people to go back to the original stuff.
I agree that games have general gotten better but I think people like these retro consoles due to nostalgia, simplicity, and the ability to just plug a system in and play without having to worry about Internet connection, patches, or DLC.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I agree that games have general gotten better but I think people like these retro consoles due to nostalgia, simplicity, and the ability to just plug a system in and play without having to worry about Internet connection, patches, or DLC.
Or season passes, pre purchases, microtransactions. Corrosive to the gaming industry. Don't spend your money on shit that hasnt come out yet. They'll get lazy making games for you.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Walmart cancelled all the preorders regular people will not be able to buy these. I wanted the NES mini but I will not pay the 250 bucks it costs on Amazon that is almost the price of an xbox one.
Walmart cancels early SNES Classic Edition preorders
A scam. If only Nintendo focused on making good consoles right now. And make sure they are backwards compatibale with old stuff that once was. Instead we get these type of scams they know hipsters will go nuts over on their way to the vynil store.