The Mountain-"Conor hits like a wee little girl"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
When Hafthor Julius Bjornsson is not crushing skulls while playing ‘The Mountain’ on Game of Thrones, he’s breaking world records as a famed strongman. Last year alone, the Internet went crazy when a video surfaced of the Mountain sparring with UFC fighter Conor McGregor and now, he’s breaking his silence about it.

In this video, the two can be seen engaging in a friendly sparring match inside of a training center. At first, McGregor seems to dominate, hitting the Games of Thrones star with a series of quick kicks and hits, until he seemingly submits.

However Hafthor recently spoke to GQ about the match and revealed something completely unexpected when he admitted he was concerned about jeopardizing the now featherweight champion’s career. ‘He was trying to punchy me. I didn’t feel anything’, he said.

‘He believes he won it. He does not know that I was taking it easy on him because he has a fight and I didn’t want to break him before the fight. He’s worked too much so I didn’t want to break him.’

McGregor however, has a different take on how it all went down, saying ‘That is a big man, 6’9, 400 pounds, and I still fouled him up’.

He also said that Hafthor was trying much more than he’s willing to admit. ‘He was trying to him me as well, people are saying he was taking it easy, he tried to grab me’.

The Mountain also talked to the magazine about his fitness regimen and love of basketball, saying that he aims to add strength to his body rather than size.’

'Yes, Conor is a cute little man. I missed his fight, but I hear he punched the other man in the face and he got a winners belt for it. I think belts are nice.
Although unfortunately it is said he had to punch more than once in his last contest against a street fighter from California United States who was on vacation, and he was defeated.
I think he would've made a nice little food tester in real gladiator days, because his mouth opens very wide.
Or to carry the equipment for normal sized gladiators. But no more than 2 pieces at one time.
He is a happy man and I hope he can try to stay happy despite becoming a loser.
Even normal men lose and he must be made aware of this for happiness'.

P

Punch

When Hafthor Julius Bjornsson is not crushing skulls while playing ‘The Mountain’ on Game of Thrones, he’s breaking world records as a famed strongman. Last year alone, the Internet went crazy when a video surfaced of the Mountain sparring with UFC fighter Conor McGregor and now, he’s breaking his silence about it.

In this video, the two can be seen engaging in a friendly sparring match inside of a training center. At first, McGregor seems to dominate, hitting the Games of Thrones star with a series of quick kicks and hits, until he seemingly submits.

However Hafthor recently spoke to GQ about the match and revealed something completely unexpected when he admitted he was concerned about jeopardizing the now featherweight champion’s career. ‘He was trying to punchy me. I didn’t feel anything’, he said.

‘He believes he won it. He does not know that I was taking it easy on him because he has a fight and I didn’t want to break him before the fight. He’s worked too much so I didn’t want to break him.’

McGregor however, has a different take on how it all went down, saying ‘That is a big man, 6’9, 400 pounds, and I still fouled him up’.

He also said that Hafthor was trying much more than he’s willing to admit. ‘He was trying to him me as well, people are saying he was taking it easy, he tried to grab me’.

The Mountain also talked to the magazine about his fitness regimen and love of basketball, saying that he aims to add strength to his body rather than size.’

'Yes, Conor is a cute little man. I missed his fight, but I hear he punched the other man in the face and he got a winners belt for it. I think belts are nice.
Although unfortunately it is said he had to punch more than once in his last contest against a street fighter from California United States who was on vacation, and he was defeated.
I think he would've made a nice little food tester in real gladiator days, because his mouth opens very wide.
Or to carry the equipment for normal sized gladiators. But no more than 2 pieces at one time.

Looks like a dad playing with his kid. :D

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
You take that much steroids and everybody hits like a little girl. Looks like he ate Overeem.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I imagine it going something like this:
Possibly but it's unlikely. One is a world champion fighter, the other is a strongman. One wins a strongman competition, the other wins a fight.

Is fighting the only activity that an untrained guy thinks he can compete with professionals? You get a good athlete with no skills, think he can compete against professionals in football? Or basketball? Or hockey?

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
let reem punch this juice monkey and see if he feels it..He needs humbled too

P

Punch

Possibly but it's unlikely. One is a world champion fighter, the other is a strongman. One wins a strongman competition, the other wins a fight.

Is fighting the only activity that an untrained guy thinks he can compete with professionals? You get a good athlete with no skills, think he can compete against professionals in football? Or basketball? Or hockey?
In a real fight, in each's current state, one being a 6'9" 400 lb mass of roids and muscle, and the other being the 145 lb champ in the UFC, Cmac might get some ineffectual licks in, but if homeboy grabs him he'd draw and quarter him like a team of horses. It'd literally be like a man fighting a boy.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
In a real fight, in each's current state, one being a 6'9" 400 lb mass of roids and muscle, and the other being the 145 lb champ in the UFC, Cmac might get some ineffectual licks in, but if homeboy grabs him he'd draw and quarter him like a team of horses. It'd literally be like a man fighting a boy.
There is nothing ineffectual about Conor's punches, especially against a guy who is unprepared to be hit. Mountain would also not grab him.

Didn't we determine that skill beats size back in 1993?

Oct 24, 2015
Isn't this dude a strong man competitor? This dude lifts massive weigh around like nothing. Don't see a 160 or so pound fighter really doing anything but go for leg or ankle locks.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015

Now that, is how you talk shit.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
In full disclosure, the last paragraph was kind of a canard of sorts, but I believe he would've approved of it's publication under certain conditions, perhaps sizeable monetary compensation to offset legal action.
Or 10 shots of Crown.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
There is nothing ineffectual about Conor's punches, especially against a guy who is unprepared to be hit. Mountain would also not grab him.

Didn't we determine that skill beats size back in 1993?
I don't remember a fight with such a weight advantage (+130 lbs or so) other than Fedor's fights. I could be wrong though and would rather go with your opinion than my own.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Name one athlete who is the equivalent of CM Punk that is currently signed to either the NFL, NBA, or NHL.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
We're talking about Conor McGregor. What's CM Punk got to do with anything?
You asked a question and I'm answering it. In case you forgot:

"Is fighting the only activity that an untrained guy thinks he can compete with professionals? You get a good athlete with no skills, think he can compete against professionals in football? Or basketball? Or hockey?"