Sports The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

CleverestLatinPhrase

Aug 12, 2024
Family is from Butler (feels alot different saying that now days), life long fan. Mom was buried with Terrible Towel, boy came home in one.

Go Stillers!

Samoa

Feb 16, 2015
Aiyuk: Today the reports are that the Niners have finally came up on their offer. Ball is in BA court.

I hope the Steelers don’t re-counter. Let it be what it is supposed to be.

Samoa

Feb 16, 2015
Not a Steelers topic but man, Alta is doing everything in their power to delete the Underground. You have to wait 3 days to post a second time in the same topic now. Horrid.

franch1z

Lurker
Aug 13, 2024
I’m ready to move on from BA, great player but Pitt has a lot of issues/things to work through.

Samoa

Feb 16, 2015
I’m ready to move on from BA, great player but Pitt has a lot of issues/things to work through.
The Steelers have made their offer. The Niners are what is holding it up. They weren't budging and when Khan wasn't either and it was dragging out they re-opened negotiations with BA. I'm certain that the org wasn't sitting around not addressing issues pending the outcome of this possible trade.

bilco

Dec 1, 2021
I hope you guys cut Wilson
Lil shit fucked up the broncos real good
While he is a douche, All we need him to do is get 26/8 this year like he did last year. He does that, we make a deep playoff run at worst. 10-7 last year with 12 passing td's. Couldn't imagine the team would have been last year for 14 additional TD's.......

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He had a decent year last year. Shanahan owns part of that implosion.
Shanahan hasn't coached the Broncos since 2008

The New GM George Paton owns all of that implosion, he traded for and paid russ.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
While he is a douche, All we need him to do is get 26/8 this year like he did last year. He does that, we make a deep playoff run at worst. 10-7 last year with 12 passing td's. Couldn't imagine the team would have been last year for 14 additional TD's.......
Those stats are misleading FYI. Lots of them came when broncos were down due to Russ not giving his WRs or team a chance early in games. He was the reason they were behind in most games...Lots of bad decisions.

I think Fields would/will do a lot better for Pitt.

Samoa

Feb 16, 2015
Shanahan hasn't coached the Broncos since 2008

The New GM George Paton owns all of that implosion, he traded for and paid russ.
Yeah I fucked that up. I was thinking and seeing Payton in my mind but typed Shanahan. Payton owns much of the shit storm in Denver. He brought in Wilson and then bailed on him.

Samoa

Feb 16, 2015
Those stats are misleading FYI. Lots of them came when broncos were down due to Russ not giving his WRs or team a chance early in games. He was the reason they were behind in most games...Lots of bad decisions.

We will see pretty quickly this season. I'm hoping they can land Aiyuk and lock up Pickens next year. Move on from Wilson and Fields (if JF doesn't make quick progress) and find a QB in the draft. Two top-ten talent receivers under long contracts and don't have to pay a rookie QB a huge contract.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yeah I fucked that up. I was thinking and seeing Payton in my mind but typed Shanahan. Payton owns much of the shit storm in Denver. He brought in Wilson and then bailed on him.
Actually no, not trying to be a dick

Russ wilson was traded for by Paton, and also signed a 260 million dollar contract without even playing a down in Denver.

Russ's first year was under Nathanial Hackett, Hackett was fired after 15 games.

Sean Payton came to Denver and Russ was already 17 games into his Denver career and being paid 55 million per year. Sean had nothing to do with Russ, and obviously wanted nothing to do with Russ.

Samoa

Feb 16, 2015
Actually no, not trying to be a dick

Russ wilson was traded for by Paton, and also signed a 260 million dollar contract without even playing a down in Denver.

Russ's first year was under Nathanial Hackett, Hackett was fired after 15 games.

Sean Payton came to Denver and Russ was already 17 games into his Denver career and being paid 55 million per year. Sean had nothing to do with Russ, and obviously wanted nothing to do with Russ.
I am not remembering that right. I remember seeing the tantrums and disconnect on the sidelines. Russ wasn't playing to the level that he was being paid but Payton only made it worse. If that is the huge investment by the organization, then sign on and try to make it work.

Anyway, we'll see quickly if Wilson has any gas in the tank.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I am not remembering that right. I remember seeing the tantrums and disconnect on the sidelines. Russ wasn't playing to the level that he was being paid but Payton only made it worse. If that is the huge investment by the organization, then sign on and try to make it work.

Anyway, we'll see quickly if Wilson has any gas in the tank.
He did try and make it work...for 15 games. Russ getting cussed out was deserved if you watch the film.
Russ changed the plays at the line quite often which pissed Sean off. Russ also doesn't read the field, especially over the middle. He locks in to one receiver and if not open he does spin moves in the backfield and takes sacks rather than giving someone a chance to make a play.
Sean signed on and gave it a shot with Russ. It didn't work and he decided to not keep Russ until 2027 and pay him until then. Decided to cut bait and stop guaranteeing a guy 55 mill per year that won't run the play you design or practice. So now he plays for you guys for 1 mill per year lol.

As far as your timeline you are certainly forgetting the 2022 season with Hackett. That was Russ's first season in Denver and it wasn't good in any way. Sean had nothing to do with paying russ or trading for him. That was GM Paton's fault obviously.

He could have a good run with Pitt, no doubt about that. Tomlin runs a tight ship and the team is always competitive. I would not be surprised if they win 9-10 this season.

bilco

Dec 1, 2021

he had them on a run where they got

bilco

Dec 1, 2021
he had them on a run where they got

lol, Justin Fields isn’t the answer at QB, short or long term.

I get what you’re saying about Russ. As bad as you think he was in Denver, so was still several factors better than Kenny Pickett and Mason Rudolph, even in his current form….

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
lol, Justin Fields isn’t the answer at QB, short or long term.

I get what you’re saying about Russ. As bad as you think he was in Denver, so was still several factors better than Kenny Pickett and Mason Rudolph, even in his current form….
True

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
What's uo GenErick? Good to see you here.

Imma let you guys have your apace and not be a dick...but I will leave you with a single "Who Dey!"