The Official TMMAC Metal Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I have been watching the shit out of these two black hip hop dudes watching metal videos. Their enthusiasm and open mindedness to music they previously knew nothing about is great to watch. They’ve been recognized by quite a few of the bands on twitter and Facebook as well as some of the bands posting responses directly on their videos (Phil anselmo of pantera was one).

Their first was holy wars by megadeath and it was a rabbit hole from there.

Their reaction to the vocalist from jinger was fucking perfect. It’s at 3:55 if you want to skip up.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
I have been watching the shit out of these two black hip hop dudes watching metal videos. Their enthusiasm and open mindedness to music they previously knew nothing about is great to watch. They’ve been recognized by quite a few of the bands on twitter and Facebook as well as some of the bands posting responses directly on their videos (Phil anselmo of pantera was one).

Their first was holy wars by megadeath and it was a rabbit hole from there.

Their reaction to the vocalist from jinger was fucking perfect. It’s at 3:55 if you want to skip up.

I love watching their videos.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015

Nightmare Logic from Power Trip was one of my favourite albums of 2017.

Edit: here's the full album

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Hands down favourite album of 2017 Nightbringers by The Black Dahlia Murder. Full album post from the record label but this one is worth buying.

A nine song earhole assault, that attacks on the first song and doesn't let up until the end. Can't speak highly enough of this one. I've listened to it almost daily since it came out.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
And if you like The Black Dahlia Murder they're last few albums are really good too.

I fucking love these guys!

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Also digging the hipster black metal as of late. I’ve always liked layered soundscapes and these guys do it very well.

Kind of an great stereo or earphones a must thing.

TubbyMcFatfuck

I am the one who Tubs
Oct 20, 2015

Nightmare Logic from Power Trip was one of my favourite albums of 2017.

Edit: here's the full album
Man I just cannot get into these guys. I find them very generic and boring. I keep hearing great things about this album and I've visited it a few times but it falls flat for me. They seem like they'd be very fun to see live though

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I love this band and it burns me up that they only had one album. Some of the best melodic, atmospheric death I’ve heard.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Winter and insomnium have always gone hand in hand for me but when winters hate came out I even had a themed album.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Man I just cannot get into these guys. I find them very generic and boring. I keep hearing great things about this album and I've visited it a few times but it falls flat for me. They seem like they'd be very fun to see live though
I can see your point. I've never seen them live but their show seems to be the most consistent compliment I hear about.