The Official TMMAC Steam Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Many of us (and our wallets) are all too familiar with Valve's digital gaming distribution software, Steam, and all of the freebies and sales it has to offer. But for those who might not know, Steam is basically an iTunes Store for PC video games. Their library offers over 6,400 games, including a ton of awesome free-to-play games.

They're also notorious for hosting holiday themed sales (including the current surprise Lunar New Year sale), where AAA titles are sold for ridiculously low prices, sometimes literally pennies. I just started a Steam Group for anyone that wants to join.

So, who else is into PC gaming here? Let's start a list of users so we can add each other.

More information on Steam:
Steam (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our Steam Community Link:
Steam Community :: Group :: The MMA Community

List of players (TMMAC/Steam): (as of Feb 7, 2016)

• IschKabibble/IschKabibble
• Ryann Von Doom/RyannVonDoom

Last edited:

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
My inspiration for starting this thread was finally sitting down to play Bioshock Infinite. What a fucking ride. If you're into story-driven FPS games, buy that game right now and play it straight through. It's fantastic.

Edit: You think the Pong devs predicted interactive 3D environments as beautiful as this?

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I know Ryann Von Doom @Ryann Von Doom is on Steam with the same username, so I'll add him to the list. I'm pretty sure Yossarian @Yussarian and I used to be on each others' friend list from back on the UG. Actually, I randomly stumbled into him in a Left 4 Dead game. Kinda crazy. Was that you? Or was that a different Yossarian?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My inspiration for starting this thread was finally sitting down to play Bioshock Infinite. What a fucking ride. If you're into story-driven FPS games, buy that game right now and play it straight through. It's fantastic.

Edit: You think the Pong devs predicted interactive 3D environments as beautiful as this?

That is one of the most beautiful games I've seen. Up there with Farcry

Last edited:

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
That is one of the most beautiful games I've seen. Ip there with Farcry
Shit. Far Cry is in my backlog right now. All four of them. Gonna take me awhile to muster up the willpower to play through the series. What other games you into? If you're into Rocket League we can smack some fools around online.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Shit. Far Cry is in my backlog right now. All four of them. Gonna take me awhile to muster up the willpower to play through the series. What other games you into? If you're into Rocket League we can smack some fools around online.
I loveeeee Farcry 3, 4 is pretty good as well. Never head of Rocket League, what is it?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

How bout you? I had a fancy water-cooled rig a couple years ago, but it was too much upkeep. Current rig is nothing worth looking at. Just a plain as tower with good air flow.
Jesus I bet that thing is a beast!
I have an fx-8250, an r9 280x, 16gb of mem, an the os on an 840 Evo ssd. It's decent for what it is but I'm thinking of doing an Intel based build using a xeon and all flash storage. I mainly use mine as a plex server.
I also have a supermicro and xeon based htpc. I want to get a new powersupply, 1 tb ssd, and a 980 ti and use that for gaming in the living room.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I know Ryann Von Doom @Ryann Von Doom is on Steam with the same username, so I'll add him to the list. I'm pretty sure Yossarian @Yussarian and I used to be on each others' friend list from back on the UG. Actually, I randomly stumbled into him in a Left 4 Dead game. Kinda crazy. Was that you? Or was that a different Yossarian?
You must refer to Yossarian, who was more in the OG. I stumbled upon him one a rare visit to the OG.

I am on Steam though. I am looking to purchase XCOM 2 which launched last Friday. The XCOM franchise and the Fallout franchise are dear to my heart. So I'll do some shopping now that here's a big sale going on.

Looking for some good builders, and a good rts game.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You must refer to Yossarian, who was more in the OG. I stumbled upon him one a rare visit to the OG.

I am on Steam though. I am looking to purchase XCOM 2 which launched last Friday. The XCOM franchise and the Fallout franchise are dear to my heart. So I'll do some shopping now that here's a big sale going on.

Looking for some good builders, and a good rts game.
So you're not Yossarian from the OG?!? I could have swore it was him. What's the origin of your name? Either way, let's put you on the list. What's your Steam username?

And for anyone interested in the following games, you can have them for free if your genuinely interested in playing them. They've been sitting in my inventory as freebies from random sales over the past four years. Not doing me much good there. If you haven't played them, these are all 5/5 games, imo. Will mark off as taken:

• Bioshock (original)
• Portal
• Portal 2
• Half-Life 2
• Half-Life 2: Episode 1

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
So you're not Yossarian from the OG?!? I could have swore it was him. What's the origin of your name? Either way, let's put you on the list. What's your Steam username?

And for anyone interested in the following games, you can have them for free if your genuinely interested in playing them. They've been sitting in my inventory as freebies from random sales over the past four years. Not doing me much good there. If you haven't played them, these are all 5/5 games, imo. Will mark off as taken:

• Bioshock (original)
• Portal
• Portal 2
• Half-Life 2
• Half-Life 2: Episode 1
I'm Yussarian from the UG. Represent! The name is a purposely mispelled name of one of my all time book characters John Yossarian from Catch 22 by Heller.

Those games are legendary. Re-playing Portal 2 with my son right now. I'll have to look up my username. I know I signed in once, but then forgot about it.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Jesus I bet that thing is a beast!
I have an fx-8250, an r9 280x, 16gb of mem, an the os on an 840 Evo ssd. It's decent for what it is but I'm thinking of doing an Intel based build using a xeon and all flash storage. I mainly use mine as a plex server.
I also have a supermicro and xeon based htpc. I want to get a new powersupply, 1 tb ssd, and a 980 ti and use that for gaming in the living room.
How do you like Plex? (I think I may have asked you that before) I'm tempted to give it a shot. I run a self-hosted ownCloud server on my network that I use to serve media to Kodi instances on all of my devices. Kodi is great and all, but it's open sourcedness (new word?) sort of shows. I bet the Plex UX is 10x better.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm Yussarian from the UG. Represent! The name is a purposely mispelled name of one of my all time book characters John Yossarian from Catch 22 by Heller.

Those games are legendary. Re-playing Portal 2 with my son right now. I'll have to look up my username. I know I signed in once, but then forgot about it.
Okay, so then we did bump into each other in a game of Left 4 Dead a few years back. I think...

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Okay, so then we did bump into each other in a game of Left 4 Dead a few years back. I think...
It's a common name I think. Somewhat. There's been games where it was already taken ten times over. As for Left For Dead, only played it on the Playstation if I remember it correctly.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I'm on steam too bros, I just have some technical issues atm so my gaming's limited :(

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's a common name I think. Somewhat. There's been games where it was already taken ten times over. As for Left For Dead, only played it on the Playstation if I remember it correctly.
Okay. So then you and Yossarian are two different UG/OGers. He and I did bump into each other and played a few times together.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
M5a99fx pro 2.0
Fx-8320
H60 cooler
Corsair spec 03 case
Evga 600w 80+ bronze
Gigabyte gtx 950 extreme edition
Kingston hyper fury x 1866mhz 16gb

Just need the ssd and i'm set with this new rig.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
How do you like Plex? (I think I may have asked you that before) I'm tempted to give it a shot. I run a self-hosted ownCloud server on my network that I use to serve media to Kodi instances on all of my devices. Kodi is great and all, but it's open sourcedness (new word?) sort of shows. I bet the Plex UX is 10x better.
Plex is fucking bad ass. I love it

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Here's the water rig I built in 2013. I wasn't really happy with the final product. Never bothered to straighten out the reservoir. It just kinda hung crooked like that. But like I said, it sat next to my desk and I never looked at it. Fun idea on paper, but not worth it in the long run, imo. Air cooled is the way to go.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Here's the water rig I built in 2013. I wasn't really happy with the final product. Never bothered to straighten out the reservoir. It just kinda hung crooked like that. But like I said, it sat next to my desk and I never looked at it. Fun idea on paper, but not worth it in the long run, imo. Air cooled is the way to go.

Why would this be needed? I've never been into gaming on a PC but of this is something that's common I'll stick with my Xbox.