Lifestyle The Official TMMAC Thanksgiving Turkey Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Who the fuck does this in the morning when you're running out the door? That is craziness. McDonald's heavy greasy hashbrowns for the win!
He doesn't run out the door anymore since he made it big with the lizard breeding. He has forgotten how us normal people live now that he hit the jackpot.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
He doesn't run out the door anymore since he made it big with the lizard breeding. He has forgotten how us normal people live now that he hit the jackpot.
The videos of him fucking lizards aren't making him the kind of cash you might think.

M

member 3289

Who the fuck does this in the morning when you're running out the door? That is craziness. McDonald's heavy greasy hashbrowns for the win!
Yeah it's a weekend breakfast thing for sure you dumb ass jit.

I just learned that jit is a Florida-only word.

M

member 3289

LOL @ not sleeping in on the weekends and waking up for lunch.
This is gonna blow your mind but people who don't smoke weed rarely sleep past 9 am, even on weekends.

Also it's now 10 pm PST so your Mexican ass had better be inside.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm working late hours to give orgasm to the women of young grandpa's like you two. Nothing lazy about it.
I prefer to start the day off with orgasms, really sets the tone for the rest of the day.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
How do you plan to prepare you turkey? How big is your piece of sweet sweet meat?

I'll be doing a 19ish pound turkey on the smoker, wrapped in bacon so it's self basting. I'll probably add some fresh rosemary and thyme to the rub. Planning to run the smoker at 350ish, burning hickory splits.
i do a duck for Thanksgiving, if that counts, stuff it with apple/sage/pork sausage.

best part is the duck fat. I collect and render it for cooking...it's king of the frying fats.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
i do a duck for Thanksgiving, if that counts, stuff it with apple/sage/pork sausage.

best part is the duck fat. I collect and render it for cooking...it's king of the frying fats.
Hmmm, I allow it.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
If you're cooking a raw potato you've merely shredded, without boiling it or soaking it twice (emptying the water in between), you will get shitty hash browns every time.

Your drying method is a good one and it's also what I use but as the last step.

Boil for 10 mins (or double soak after shredding).

Shred.

Squeeze the fuck out of them in a strainer.

Paper towels.

5 min air dry.

Shit ton of vegetable oil and butter.

Medium high heat for 5-8 mins depending on stove. Make sure you cover the frying pan so they cook all the way through.
Your hash browns are a fucking joke. Take this shit somewhere else.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
This is a kind thread, please be kind. How will you cook your turkey?
Sorry I lost my temper but every year some chump spans the Thanksgiving thread with a ridiculous hash brown recipe. At no point does he mention keeping a clean work space. He’s going to get someone killed.

I cook a Turkey straight up. Stuff it with bread crumbs, sage, onions. Rub it in salt, pepper and butter ( I make slits under the skin and shove butter right in next to the skin), then I cook it low and slow til it’s cooked through. Then I take the turkey out, get the oven hot on broil, and put the turkey back in until the skin crisps.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Sorry I lost my temper but every year some chump spans the Thanksgiving thread with a ridiculous hash brown recipe. At no point does he mention keeping a clean work space. He’s going to get someone killed.

I cook a Turkey straight up. Stuff it with bread crumbs, sage, onions. Rub it in salt, pepper and butter ( I make slits under the skin and shove butter right in next to the skin), then I cook it low and slow til it’s cooked through. Then I take the turkey out, get the oven hot on broil, and put the turkey back in until the skin crisps.
That sounds like a great recipe! A clean work space is always super important, and I can see you have a clear passion for cooking.

M

member 3289

You told me you bought your Thanksgiving turkey at Swiss Chalet.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

I love duck, and duck fat is awesome. We keep a jar of duck fat in the fridge for cooking.
I like your style.