Lifestyle The Official TMMAC Thanksgiving Turkey Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I need to start doing this. Got a tutorial?
We haven't done it as much recently, but there for a while we were having duck somewhat regularly. My wife would just pour all of the rendered fat out of the skillet into a jar and we built up a stash over time. It can be substituted for anything that requires oil, you just get way better flavor this way. Same goes for frying, duck fat makes everything like fries taste amazing. I also have a friend that is a duck hunting maniac, and last year he gave us some meat, but also some trimmings that we rendered and collected the fat.

If we are in a pinch and don't have our own, we can buy this locally (I would think you could find this in Dallas area too):
Epic Duck Fat.jpeg

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We haven't done it as much recently, but there for a while we were having duck somewhat regularly. My wife would just pour all of the rendered fat out of the skillet into a jar and we built up a stash over time. It can be substituted for anything that requires oil, you just get way better flavor this way. Same goes for frying, duck fat makes everything like fries taste amazing. I also have a friend that is a duck hunting maniac, and last year he gave us some meat, but also some trimmings that we rendered and collected the fat.

If we are in a pinch and don't have our own, we can buy this locally (I would think you could find this in Dallas area too):
View attachment 21263
I need to collect my own this year. I've been slacking.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

View attachment 21263
I’ve heard duck fat potatoes are awesome. I don’t understand how you do it though. Do you deep fry he potatoes in them like submerge them, or grease the pan with it and fry the potatoes?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I’ve heard duck fat potatoes are awesome. I don’t understand how you do it though. Do you deep fry he potatoes in them like submerge them, or grease the pan with it and fry the potatoes?
1/4-1/2 cup of duck fat to a pan, throw in your aromatics, saute, add your taters and fry it up.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Filthy @Filthy already got you answered here, but we usually just add it in to the pan as he suggested. If you had enough duck fat on hand, you could submerge, but it would take a lot. There are a few restaurants here that serve duck fat fries, and in that case they are submerged. They are awesome.

Pretty much anything where you use oil to cook in a pan, you can substitute duck fat for the oil. Or use less oil than usual and then mix in some duck fat for flavor.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I cook red meat on thanksgiving

picked up a tri tip and leg of lamb bone in(gonna take bone out and butterfly it myself)

Lotta meat