The Only Inarguable Divisional GOATs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Fedor HW G.O. A. T, until I see anther HW go unbeaten for over 10 years straight, beating countless former UFC champs in the process and best heavies outside the UFC as well.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Khabib 155 G. O A.T.. Before any BJ fans flock, just know Lil Evil, Edgar or anybody else is ever beating Khabib no matter what so, no, please don't.
It’s a good opinion, but there is definitely not consensus in the LW debate like certain other divisions, wouldn’t you agree? The question is which are inarguable but I’d say approximately half of fans might argue with Khabib due to his short tenure at the top.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I think DJ is still the 125 GOAT mainly because Henry didn't stick around to have the longevity to claim it.

GSP should still be the 170 GOAT for now.

All other divisions have much stronger arguments for more than one fighter.
Fedor's argument for HW is even stronger than GSP's for WW. Nobody has a stronger overall resume but Kamaru is closer to GSP than anyone to Fedor. I think if we wanted to be absolutely 'inarguable', then it's only Jones at LHW who you can't even make a bullshit argument against.

And I would say, bullshit arguments aside, that GOAT status is actually quite clear for every division aside from Featherweight, where Aldo has the body of work but was beaten by the next 3 guys in line.

HW: Fedor
LHW: Jones
MW: Anderson
WW: GSP
LW: Khabib
FW: ??? - Volk soon though
BW: Cruz
FLW: Mouse Johnson

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fedor's argument for HW is even stronger than GSP's for WW. Nobody has a stronger overall resume but Kamaru is closer to GSP than anyone to Fedor. I think if we wanted to be absolutely 'inarguable', then it's only Jones at LHW who you can't even make a bullshit argument against.

And I would say, bullshit arguments aside, that GOAT status is actually quite clear for every division aside from Featherweight, where Aldo has the body of work but was beaten by the next 3 guys in line.

HW: Fedor
LHW: Jones
MW: Anderson
WW: GSP
LW: Khabib
FW: ??? - Volk soon though
BW: Cruz
FLW: Mouse Johnson
I'd have Torres on there. He was a monster before he dropped off.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I pretty much agree with the rest. Im not sure Fedor beats demon Cain tho. The one that killed Bigfoot and JDS.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
Khabibs mauling him anytime they fight also.. Hughes vs penn2 every time
How dare you...prime, jumping out of pools, cardio focused, blood licking Penn would give khabibi a run for his money IMO.

We haven't been gifted with a true BJJ guard grappler taking on khabib yet

Not to mention BJ's fantastic TDD and boxing on the feet

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It’s a good opinion, but there is definitely not consensus in the LW debate like certain other divisions, wouldn’t you agree? The question is which are inarguable but I’d say approximately half of fans might argue with Khabib due to his short tenure at the top.
And relatively weak resume.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
IMO GSP will still be the WW GOAT when Kumaru retires, even though I think Kumaru shades him in a prime vs prime h2h matchup. If Kumaru had another 2 years at the top then he'd pass GSP, but i think he's run out of time for that.

??

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
IMO GSP will still be the WW GOAT when Kumaru retires, even though I think Kumaru shades him in a prime vs prime h2h matchup. If Kumaru had another 2 years at the top then he'd pass GSP, but i think he's run out of time for that.

??
Kamaru still has nothing for GSP's legacy. He hasn't had to face multiple prime quality wrestlers or former/future champs, including in then competitor orgs, like GSP did and has competed in the USADA era.

Feasting on strikers, BJJ guys and outright journeymen doesn't build the same legacy.

Colby is a cardio machine with a great chin, but is pillow-fisted and can't defend strikes for shit - and he is Kamaru's greatest rival. Colby would offer absolutely nothing for GSP. Woodley was also shot to pieces by the time Kamaru got to him.

You compare the threat these guys posed to a prime, roided out Johny Hendricks and it is laughable.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I can see some discussion at 155, just given the number of fighters who have fought, and the different generations of UFC that competed at that weight.

But DJ is 125 GOAT, and it's not even close. Henry knows it.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Kamaru still has nothing for GSP's legacy. He hasn't had to face multiple prime quality wrestlers or former/future champs, including in then competitor orgs, like GSP did and has competed in the USADA era.

Feasting on strikers, BJJ guys and outright journeymen doesn't build the same legacy.

Colby is a cardio machine with a great chin, but is pillow-fisted and can't defend strikes for shit - and he is Kamaru's greatest rival. Colby would offer absolutely nothing for GSP. Woodley was also shot to pieces by the time Kamaru got to him.

You compare the threat these guys posed to a prime, roided out Johny Hendricks and it is laughable.
I'd have never considered any of these guys before this thread. To me it's just always been gsp or Hughes. Leaning towards gsp, watching how he became a wrestler was awesome. And saved me. But fuck me some of his fights were boring.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

GSP is still a GOAT largely because he moved up in weight and developed the first truly well rounded skill set in every area of the sport in a way no one could handle, but to compare his opponents skills to Usman's is laughable and only because of nostalgia. The well roundedness GSP had is now a commonplace, unlike GSP's opponents who largely were only really good at one thing and fair to middling at others. Still, GOATs aren't only about who you beat, but also what you did for the sport, which is why GSP remains on top for now. Kamaru is in a sport now where everyone is doing all the same things and he just happens to be the best at it. GSP conversely changed the game.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I think DJ is still the 125 GOAT mainly because Henry didn't stick around to have the longevity to claim it.

GSP should still be the 170 GOAT for now.

All other divisions have much stronger arguments for more than one fighter.
agree with 170. Henry fighting up seals 125 for me although i know it shouldnt count at that weight class. but shit beating who he did at 135 gives him something. same with penn at 170 or silva at 205.