The original octagon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Top,Lucky & Crafty Dog.

The Dog Brothers are a group of martial artists that have gained notoriety[1] in the Filipino Martial Arts community for the group's annual "Gathering of the Pack" collectives. These collectives feature dangerous weapon-based sparring matches which they have copyrighted as "Real Contact Stickfighting". The group is a band of "sweaty, smelly psychopaths with sticks". These warriors are interested in applying their various arts in real-time under adrenal circumstances in order to better understand both themselves and how their arts will manifest in the face of real danger.

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That kinda looks like Asia Carrera.

I can smell the ninja grappling hooks and survival knives all over this thread.
Imagine inventing laser discs, then the next year someone "invents" dvd's and makes billions.

This is exactly why I didn't call 1-800-555-IDEA when I thought of writing a book on rice candy paper, so you could eat your book when you're done.
I'm going to the grave with that one, mmm, hmm..

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
It should be noted that I spelled Kage of Rage incorrectly.It should be spelled "Cage of Rage." I had some good info on this event on a thread on the UG.I`ll have to look for it.I also had a pretty good thread on the Dog Brothers that I will look for also.

Thanks for posting that footage MMAHAWK I have posted videos of the Dog Brothers "Gathering of the Pack" off of Youtube,but they only show highlights.It`s nice to see a whole fight.

Last edited:

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Ok Kazja`s real name is Greg Patschull,so this is who they are talking about in the newspaper clipping.

1613769670820.png

Kazja says that Art Davie & Royce Gracie attended his event in 1993.I have even heard Art Davie say that they attended the event,but they went home early because it was fake.

Here is a toy version of the Octagon that was supposably in 1992.

1613769923957.png