The original octagon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
MMAHAWK,you are in SoCal...did you ever head down to the Dancing Waters night club in San Pedro circa 1997?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Never heard of any of these, but it's cool to see this stuff. Interesting to see that's where TapOut took their idea from. Was their ever any claims of trademark infringement? I assume not.

MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK - you familiar with all of this?

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Kazja is a legit crazy guy. I think he hears voices in his head and shit.

Hes been crying about Zuffa trade marking the octagon for YEARS.

He was the originator of the fixed fights. People could call a hotline and vote for who they want to win before the fight.

M

member 603

I remember Kage Kombat from the old FC Fighting magazine (the old newspaper... I remember getting VHS tapes from them and saw the old Kage Kombat and IVC ads..... You got a free bumper sticker every time you ordered).

I remember seeing Mat Rat in an LA gym by Rigan's gym, but I thought they ripped off TapOut.... That's crazy (I also remember like 15 different gear companies that popped up at that time too between 1998-2002)

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Never heard of any of these, but it's cool to see this stuff. Interesting to see that's where TapOut took their idea from. Was their ever any claims of trademark infringement? I assume not.

MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK - you familiar with all of this?
MMAHAWK,you are in SoCal...did you ever head down to the Dancing Waters night club in San Pedro circa 1997?
Yeah I'm completely aware of all of this. I remember reading about the events or seeing them mentioned during the time . In 1997 I was a senior in High school and most information for these types of events I would see on a website a day or two late. First live show I went to was in late 99` I believe a Cobra Challenge event.

Last edited:

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
I`m familiar with the Cobra Fighting Federation but not the Cobra Challenge.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
I`ve never met Greg myself,so I can`t say if he was cheap or not.Chances are very good that he was.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
This is the vhs of the event. I think I may have the only copy other than mark. mine is unedited with the rules meeting and behind the scenes footage of the event.