The pictures that Pride fanboys dont want you to see

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Bored as fuck here at work so I decided to put together a small collage of pics that sums up the Pride vs UFC debate.

Interesting how all the Pride vets were "past their prime" the instant that Zuffa purchased Pride.

Lets start off with a 24 yr old past his prime Shogun Rua laying an egg against Forrest Griffin in his debut.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Bored as fuck here at work so I decided to put together a small collage of pics that sums up the Pride vs UFC debate.

Interesting how all the Pride vets were "past their prime" the instant that Zuffa purchased Pride.

Lets start off with a 24 yr old past his prime Shogun Rua laying an egg against Forrest Griffin in his debut.

I gave it a funny, but it's true.

Remember when shogun was getting his ass handed to him by Coleman? Then somehow coleman gassed so badly that shogun layed on top of him with seconds to go and they stopped the fight

Last edited:

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Threads like this are why I haven't put TQN on ignore yet.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Go back to work.

Also cnmh, stfu, Nick Diaz shits all over the ufc all the time and says pride was the real shit.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Go back to work.

Also cnmh, stfu, Nick Diaz shits all over the ufc all the time and says pride was the real shit.
aren't most of those pics of guys who were released from UFC contracts, or who had not yet been signed by UFC? (excluding Iceman/Rampage)

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
So remember the rhetoric at the time was: "These guys were roided up in Pride, that's why they can't fight here" -Chael
...turns out all these guys were rhoided themselves ( i have high suspicions of BigBrown ) I think its most likely shogun went au naturale in UFC, while these UFC guys weren't

Don't think Wandy was off it, but could very well have been, unlike chael and some of these other guys he actually never pissed hot

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
So remember the rhetoric at the time was: "These guys were roided up in Pride, that's why they can't fight here" -Chael
...turns out all these guys were rhoided themselves ( i have high suspicions of BigBrown ) I think its most likely shogun went au naturale in UFC, while these UFC guys weren't

Don't think Wandy was off it, but could very well have been, unlike chael and some of these other guys he actually never pissed hot
Lol hope youre joking bro

Wand was juiced his whole career.

Dude literally ran away from the drug testers at a speed which would have left Usain Bolt in awe.

Im going to assume your post was satire

M

member 3289

The difference is that even begore USADA, the AC's had in-competition drug testing before and right after the fight, so the UFC fighters had to AT LEAST cycle off in time not to get caught...

whereas Pride fighters had ZERO regulation in the form of drug testing. A fighter could have walked into the ring with a needle stuck in his ass and the ref would have just pulled it out and let the fight continue.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
So many things to post, but I'll just go with these-

Anderson Silva in the UFC...

Anderson Silva in Pride...

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
The difference is that even begore USADA, the AC's had in-competition drug testing before and right after the fight, so the UFC fighters had to AT LEAST cycle off in time not to get caught...

whereas Pride fighters had ZERO regulation in the form of drug testing. A fighter could have walked into the ring with a needle stuck in his ass and the ref would have just pulled it out and let the fight continue.
Agreed so it's ex roiders vs guys who know how to cycle. No surprise that the guy who can cycle would do better in that scenario. To tqns point wandy most likely was roided etc, but with that in mind wouldn't you Conclude that within the orgs the playing field was more even in Pride than the UFC, as cycling requires some help from someone who actually knows something vs just taking a superhuman cocktail so you can fight a 10min first round

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Agreed so it's ex roiders vs guys who know how to cycle. No surprise that the guy who can cycle would do better in that scenario. To tqns point wandy most likely was roided etc, but with that in mind wouldn't you Conclude that within the orgs the playing field was more even in Pride than the UFC, as cycling requires some help from someone who actually knows something vs just taking a superhuman cocktail so you can fight a 10min first round
Wandy took two KO's that sent him to the hospital in his last 2 fights in Pride, the roids or lack of them were part of it but he was never going to be the same guy in the UFC.

I really wish the UFC had a Chuck/Hendo fight when UFC bought them

M

member 3289

Agreed so it's ex roiders vs guys who know how to cycle. No surprise that the guy who can cycle would do better in that scenario.
You're assuming, rather incorrectly imo, that the ex-roiders didn't simply become guys who know how to cycle once they joined the UFC.

They didn't quit steroids entirely just because they couldn't shoot up 5 mins before a fight any more.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Making the leap from Pride and DREAM, Hunt wasn't prepared for the level of grappling you face in the UFC against submission wizards like Sean McCorkle.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Funny how your opening post has all Ped users except Shaub who I also suspect because of his body transformation and early exit of the sport.

A thread of Pride Fighters trashing UFC fighters could me made very easily...as we all know.

I have favorite fighters from all organizations and I respect fighters not brands or us vs them drama...grow up and appreciate Great Martial Artists.

If I get bored I will put this thread down like old yeller...right now I will just let it rest in a pile of its own waste.

Pride/Strikeforce proved to have the majority of the worlds best fighters....they sent a lot of UFC legend packing and retiring.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Good point, but having to go off cycle is not a sign of a clean fighter and in fact many of those guys have retired or are fading fast...interesting times in MMA ped use for sure.