The Queen's Gambit on Netflix

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Finally started it last night. Watched the first two episodes. So far I love it. Definitely will fly through the rest. I'm trying to quit drinking and I was thinking chess might be a good way for me to keep my mind occupied when I would otherwise be mindlessly drinking. This show is inspiring that idea further.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Finally started it last night. Watched the first two episodes. So far I love it. Definitely will fly through the rest. I'm trying to quit drinking and I was thinking chess might be a good way for me to keep my mind occupied when I would otherwise be mindlessly drinking. This show is inspiring that idea further.
If you wanna watch this to get inspired to get of your addictions, this show might not be for you.

But a good show nonetheless.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I like the music and the cinematography. I think the younger actress did a better job than anya taylor joy who plays the part maybe too robotic at times like too autistic.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Oh sh!t.. I just realized Anna Taylor Joy is Gina (Michael’s wife) in season 5 of Peaky Blinders. I like her even more now!
C76F24BA-4AFF-4A2E-8CE6-B288344C2679.jpeg

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Read about the Netflix influence yesterday somewhere

I guess everything chess is going crazy now since that show came out...chessboard sales, clicks on chess websites, people joining clubs, etc...Talking about 4 -5+ times more sales and traffic than normal(although board sales is a fairly small number to begin most likely)

Crazy how much influence that platform can have...hope they use it for good more than they use it for nefarious purposes

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

I guess everything chess is going crazy now, since that show came out...chessboard sales, clicks on chess websites, people joining clubs, etc...Talking about 4 -5+ times more sales and traffic than normal(although board sales is a fairly small number to begin most likely)

Crazy how much influence that platform can have...hope they use it for good more than they use it for nefarious purposes
reminds me of us hood folk that took up chess after the wu tang clan promoted it. long story short I went back to checkers.

View: https://youtu.be/weAcVf6QUX4

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the period scene was a wtf moment seemed unnecessary. they could have implied that she got her period without showing her bleeding.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015

I guess everything chess is going crazy now since that show came out...chessboard sales, clicks on chess websites, people joining clubs, etc...Talking about 4 -5+ times more sales and traffic than normal(although board sales is a fairly small number to begin most likely)

Seems you were manipulated to think about manipulation in everything. Can't you just enjoy things sometimes?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Finished last night. Best show I've seen all year. I hope Josh Waitzkin is somewhere crying at how inferior his own biopic was by comparison.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
her nipple is visible in episode 6 ...just a heads up with 11:16 mins left in the episode. it is also very evident she was a ballerina in that scene she is dancing in her underwear.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
ANYA TAYLOR-JOY
When she was fourteen, she used her savings to move to New York, and at 16, she left school to pursue acting.

Anya's outstanding performance as Thomasin in Robert Eggers' period horror film The Witch (2015), and the positive reviews it got at the Sundance festival revealed her incredible potential to the world; it was widely released and viewed in 2016. She then starred as the title character in the thriller Morgan (2016), directed Luke Scott and also starring Kate Mara. She also starred in Vikram Gandhi's film Barry, which focused on a young Barack Obama in 1981 New York City. Taylor-Joy played one of Obama's close friends. In 2017, she headlined M. Night Shyamalan's horror-thriller film Split (2016), playing Casey Cooke, a girl abducted by a mysterious man with split personalities. In 2019, she reprised her role as Casey in the film Glass. Anya was also the lead actress in the music video for Skrillex's remix of GTA's song Red Lips. She was nominated for the 2017 BAFTA Rising Star Award.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Can't you just enjoy things sometimes?

I do enjoy this show, as I do with most things in life

I can also recognize the powerful influence of Netflix, and it's effect on the behavior of the masses

Life is amazing like that

Last edited: