The real genius of Bellator signing Fedor...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
... is that they also get these guys.

Anatoly Tokov. Valentin Maldovsky. Vadim Nemkov. FedorTeam guys. It's not included in the contract with Fedor (as far as I know), but two have already had and won their Bellator debuts. And the other, Nemkov, makes his debut on August 25th at Bellator 182. They're all young, hungry fighters with star potential. Where Fedor goes, they follow, and they've now followed him to Bellator.

View: https://youtu.be/XA9MBcr-790

View: https://youtu.be/E4jL1oMc0JQ

View: https://youtu.be/mEAh0Ho0rUo

And you can add them to Bellator's growing list of Russian stars. If and when they hold a show in Russia, look at the list of guys they can now have on that card:

Fedor. Andrey Koreshkov. Sergei Kharitonov. Alexander Shlemenko. Anatoly Tokov. Valentin Maldovsky. Vadim Nemkov. Anastasia Yankova.
Possibly Vitaly Minakov, if they can work out his contract situation.

The only fight the UFC could hold in Russia that could top that would be Khabib vs Conor, and a) there's no guarantee Conor even returns and b) if he does, it'll be in Vegas, not Russia.

Last edited:

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Bellator will be a great counter to the UFC. The UFC is already caving to entertainment and doesn't follow their rankings. There's opportunity for a hungry org here.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Any Russian in a track suit is dangerous. I don't see them being champion caliber since there are no fanny packs, but either way you don't want to mess with these guys.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Good breakdown by the op. I agree. Signing fedor was much more than just signing fedor. They also signed his team. Op mentioned some good names, but he left out some names

Schlemenko and minakov as well. Bellator could honestly outdo the UFC in Russia. They could hold multiple events and still out do the UFC.

Honest question, who does the UFC have aside from khabib?

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Good breakdown by the op. I agree. Signing fedor was much more than just signing fedor. They also signed his team. Op mentioned some good names, but he left out some names

Schlemenko and minakov as well. Bellator could honestly outdo the UFC in Russia. They could hold multiple events and still out do the UFC.

Honest question, who does the UFC have aside from khabib?
Good catch. Can't believe I left off Shlemenko. Vitaly I remembered, but still waiting to see if they can work out a new contract he's happy with.

Outside of Khabib, I can't think of another top Russian fighter in the UFC, but there has to be a few....

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Nemkov will win his debut too.
Would LOVE to see Minakov/Mitrione.
That's a great matchup.
Tokov is dope, Moldavsky is solid.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Just to update this-

Fedor is about to fight for the HW title. Nemkov broke McGeary and beat Phil Davis, likely putting him in line for the LHW title. Tokov beat Shlemenko, putting.him.in the mix to fight for the MW title. Moldavsky is 2-0 with the company so far.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
You know Fedor smiled when Nemkov got that one back for him. I hated that Bader/Fedor fight, may have been the saddest moment in the sport for me.