The Real Notorious: Lee Murray breaks silence

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
Disappointed in the majority of these questions, to be honest. If you get access to Lee, I wish some more questions about what drove him to commit the heist, his journey after the crime was committed, etc. Hopefully those questions are posed in the other parts of this series.
I think his life was always heading that way. He got into dealing when he was younger, was always fighting, was a gang leader and had a reputation as someone you do not not cross. He obviously has links with British underground, you would have to in order to pull off a crime of that magnitude.

If you search deep on him there is all kinds stories about the shit Lee has done.

Like everyone says, they'll be a movie made about him one day. Sooner rather than later I hope.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
My favorite Lee Murray moment was when someone smuggled a cell phone into his cell and he used it to post on the UG.
Hate to break it to you but that was UGer "Mental" who hacked usernames like lee murray and dana white, and another fighter whose name escapes me at the moment.

Fucking lol @ Mental

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Hate to break it to you but that was UGer "Mental" who hacked usernames like lee murray and dana white, and another fighter whose name escapes me at the moment.

Fucking lol @ Mental
Really?
Haha, I didn't know that.
Lol @ Kirik "being afraid of what he can do"
Hire some "top men" you tool.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Lee just sounds bitter and delusional. Hating on Conor... umm hate to break it to you but Conor has 9-figures in earnings and didn't have to spend his life in prison for it, pal.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
In honor of this thread we flash back to one of the great fights of years past.

One fighter would go on to greatness while the other would live out his days in infamy behind bars:

The epic weigh in:

The fight:

The real question is...

Had Lee Murray stayed out of trouble...would Michael Bisping had ever reached the success he did in the UFC as Dana and Company gave him the old UK push ..or would that “push” would have went to Murray?

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
In honor of this thread we flash back to one of the great fights of years past.

One fighter would go on to greatness while the other would live out his days in infamy behind bars:

The epic weigh in:

The fight:

The real question is...

Had Lee Murray stayed out of trouble...would Michael Bisping had ever reached the success he did in the UFC as Dana and Company gave him the old UK push ..or would that “push” would have went to Murray?
Before Murray there was Ian Freeman, who beat Frank Mir and was a more accomplished martial artist.

Murray never won a title, but was clearly a born fighter. His last fight was at 26 years old, so how well he could have developed if he kept out of trouble we'll never know.

When you think back to how people used to lose their shit over Bisping, when Bisping was just having a laugh, imagine how people would have reacted to some of stories about Murray that would have undoubtedly came to light. Ultimately Bisping was more marketable, IMO, and a much safer bet.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Really?
Haha, I didn't know that.
Lol @ Kirik "being afraid of what he can do"
Hire some "top men" you tool.
Yeah this incident with Mental as well as a post by SuperCalo where Calo made a thread accusing Dana White of hating Johnny Cash(lol) is what drove Dana off the internets. Dana used to post and go online a lot but was very butthurt(Rightfully so) when his UG account got hacked because it wasn't just Dana's account but Mental had access to everyone's account and all the personal messages so Dana dipped.

The SuperCalo Johnny Cash troll was absolute epic though lmao

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yeah this incident with Mental as well as a post by SuperCalo where Calo made a thread accusing Dana White of hating Johnny Cash(lol) is what drove Dana off the internets. Dana used to post and go online a lot but was very butthurt(Rightfully so) when his UG account got hacked because it wasn't just Dana's account but Mental had access to everyone's account and all the personal messages so Dana dipped.

It's worth mentioning that Calo got banned for that. He got banned a bunch of times. What else did he do? He was great at pissing Dana off. Tqn sent Dana some funny shit too

I spoke to mental for a few months after that incident... He came across as a nice guy who done it for the fun of it... Also he wanted to shame the top men.

I didn't mind the guy to be honest.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

Fucking lol @ Mental
The Lee Murray thing was years before I recall MentaL even being on there. Did he cop to that?

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Why isn't superCalo @superCalo an active member here!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
It's worth mentioning that Calo got banned for that. He got banned a bunch of times. What else did he do? He was great at pissing Dana off. Tqn sent Dana some funny shit too
Yup, correct. I should have mentioned that Calo trolling Dana was the last straw and ended up in Calo's banning.

Sucks b/c on the UG Calo> Dana White.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I spoke to mental for a few months after that incident... He came across as a nice guy who done it for the fun of it... Also he wanted to shame the top men.

I didn't mind the guy to be honest.
Me too. I liked/like MenTal. We pm'd a few times and I felt him finding loopholes to hack the UG SHOULD have prompted top men to make corrections. Instead, all it did is point out to thousands of members how flawed and unsecure the website is.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
The Lee Murray thing was years before I recall MentaL even being on there. Did he cop to that?
about a month after the fact he did. He was butthurt that he was banned and outted as a bad guy. He had access to a lot of information which could have fucked over a lot of people, including important ones but he didn't. He only wanted the site to know about it's flaws in hopes to correct them. Top men and members drove him off.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
about a month after the fact he did. He was butthurt that he was banned and outted as a bad guy. He had access to a lot of information which could have fucked over a lot of people, including important ones but he didn't. He only wanted the site to know about it's flaws in hopes to correct them. Top men and members drove him off.
I remember when kirik made his ridiculous mad shook apology post for compromising all of our personal info due to lax security measures. MentaL was the hero we deserved.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I remember when kirik made his ridiculous mad shook apology post for compromising all of our personal info due to lax security measures. MentaL was the hero we deserved.
And what did Kirik do about the issues he openly acknowledged? Not a damn thang

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Didn’t he come up with a story about driving to a family emergency but pulling off the side of the road to post an apology because the members are so important? Then he went on JRE a year later and called them all losers lol.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Didn’t he come up with a story about driving to a family emergency but pulling off the side of the road to post an apology because the members are so important? Then he went on JRE a year later and called them all losers lol.

I used to think Kirik was a good dude, but I was wrong. He's kind of a faker. I remember after my unfair UG ban, I messaged him on facebook, and also rick storm. Rick never responded back at all. Kirik at first responded that he would look into it, and get back to me in 24 hours, this is in September or October of 2017. Then I wait a week, message him again, no response, then like a month later, he responds that he will look into it again. i wait weeks and weeks no response back, I message him a few more times, than like December or January he's like "sorry, ill look into it", no response back,messaged him again, no answer since.

If he was not gonna bother he should have never messaged me back, pretty weird guy to message me back multiple times that he will look into it and then do nothing.

I'm over it now, just was some boolsheet, I thought he was a good character guy, he's just not concerned with much except profit margin, he's a fake budo guy in my view.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Also, pretty cool to find out that Lee Murray's favorite fighter, is also my favorite, Gegard Mousasi, that was cool. I think Gegard probably reminds Lee of himself in a lot of ways, demeanor is way different, but in terms of striking, both can threaten with subs, body type and build, a lot of similarities.

That was cool to me

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This is true. Kirik seemed like an ok guy but that didn't really pan out...