General The Revenant

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
It’s funny.

its funny how the mind works.

I watched that film in New York. I thought it was the shittest film ever.

i remember being in a bar with my dad. His dream was to have a drink in New York.

9 months earlier I said I can do that . No probs.

anyway. We are in a New York bar. We have quaffed 3 goose, which were the flavour then. We meet these lovely people who love my dad, and say we have spare tickets for a yo delay in madison square garden. A full on cowboy experience. It’s the whole deal. Cowboys snaring calf’s etc.Come join us!

hes like, no. We’ve booked our tickets. I’m like dad, live in the moment!

long story short. We watched the film. We both hated it.

but on seeing it since. It isn’t shit.

my father regrets not being spontaneously

americana.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It’s funny.

i remember being in a bar with my dad. His dream was to have a drink in New York.

anyway. We are in a New York bar. We have quaffed 3 goose, which were the flavour then. We meet these lovely people who love my dad, and say we have spare tickets for a yo delay in madison square garden. A full on cowboy experience. It’s the whole deal. Cowboys snaring calf’s etc.Come join us!

americana.
I like the story
It isn't exactly how it went down obviously(based on true story)

I have been to the spot where he is crawling around in the river on the rocks
I give it a 7/10 because I like period piece
1597021754616.png
1597021780578.png

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
That movie is based on a night @Gaybo made it home after being left at club LIV alone with no ride or cell phone.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Beautifully shot movie. Hardy out acted Leo but Leo deserved the oscar for all the hell he endured. He went in that frigid water and ate the raw buffalo liver. The brought in an actual grizzly that absolutely mauled Leo.
I thought it was a good film that hammered home the brutal life on the frontier during the fur trading days.
They obviously embellished on the original story, but remained true to how much shit Hugh Glass endured.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Beautifully shot movie. Hardy out acted Leo but Leo deserved the oscar for all the hell he endured. He went in that frigid water and ate the raw buffalo liver. The brought in an actual grizzly that absolutely mauled Leo.
I thought it was a good film that hammered home the brutal life on the frontier during the fur trading days.
They obviously embellished on the original story, but remained true to how much shit Hugh Glass endured.

View: https://youtu.be/bW-yVdlT3Tg

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
are you saying I must like things exploding in movies just because I didnt like the revenant? You pretentious asshole
3/10 means you didn't find any redeemable qualities in the film. Which, to me means you didn't watch it or you're an idiot.

Give a simple explanation why you believe a movie with great settings, incredible cinematography, excellent acting and a decent story is deserving of a well below average rating.

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
3/10 means you didn't find any redeemable qualities in the film. Which, to me means you didn't watch it or you're an idiot.

Give a simple explanation why you believe a movie with great settings, incredible cinematography, excellent acting and a decent story is deserving of a well below average rating.
because the story wasnt decent, it was shit. Half of the movie was about hardy talking and I had no idea what kind of words or language were coming out of his mouth. I may rate it 5/10 when I rewatch it with subtitles one day

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
because the story wasnt decent, it was shit. Half of the movie was about hardy talking and I had no idea what kind of words or language were coming out of his mouth. I may rate it 5/10 when I rewatch it with subtitles one day
Yep you're a total Vin Diesel homer.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It’s funny.

americana.

Didn't you hate uncut gems as well?

Hit me up in a couple of years when you watch it again

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

You're not asking me but I just want to get in the conversation...

I agree with all your superlatives on that movie but I guess I just didn't catch the excellent acting.
I have only watched it once in theater but I left feeling like Leo's Oscar was just a lifetime achievement award and that this movie didn't stand on his own for best acting.

The directing and cinematography is absolutely incredible though. It's a really beautiful movie and that bear is unforgettable.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

I agree with all your superlatives on that movie but I guess I just didn't catch the excellent acting.
I have only watched it once in theater but I left feeling like Leo's Oscar was just a lifetime achievement award and that this movie didn't stand on his own for best acting.

The directing and cinematography is absolutely incredible though. It's a really beautiful movie and that bear is unforgettable.
There's no way he diddnt win for django. The award for this movie was to make amends

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

I think Hardy was the better actor in the movie, but Leo really went all out for the role. Not many actors would go for a swim in the kananaskis river at the tail end of winter, eat raw buffalo liver or have there face on the dirt for as many shots as he did.
I agree with the lifetime achievement oscar, seeing as I think he's done better in other roles, but I think the best actor award fo the revenant was well deserved just based on the amount of abuse he put himself through.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Hey, let's take a kickass story about forgiveness and make it a story about vengeance. and move it to a not any better location. and change how everyone dies.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hey, let's take a kickass story about forgiveness and make it a story about vengeance. and move it to a not any better location. and change how everyone dies.
This movie is based on a true story. Only the names and events have been changed.

This has never really bothered me too much. It brings awareness to the story/individuals. If it interests you you'll seek out the story for yourself.

I'm sure Hugh Glass never took liberties or embellished on his tale at all.