The Rise & Fall of Ian McCall

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017

When all is said and done and we look back upon the career of the man known as "Uncle Creepy", it's quite likely that the wrong picture will be painted. That picture being the one-sided illustration of how he could perhaps never consistently make it to fight night for one reason or another or how he was just that guy with the cool mustache. Either would be inaccurate depictions of the charismatic Flyweight pioneer.

In the beginning, Ian McCall kicked off his career with a flawless 5-0 record before getting the call up to the then premier organization for lighter weight fighters, World Extreme Cagefighting. McCall won his debut via round 3 TKO then followed it up with a tough first round loss to veteran WEC Bantamweight, Charlie Valencia. That being the first of his career, led to McCall picking up a win in Total Combat before returning to the WEC for what would be one of the biggest fights of his career. Especially in hindsight.

Continued: The Rise & Fall of Ian McCall

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
Nice piece :)
Thanks a bunch!!

Ian's one of my favorites. Wanted to give him some spotlight. Sad to see how things kind of fell apart for him. Just hope he can maintain a happy life no matter what he's doing.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I always wondered how the now would have been painted differently had those judges not messed up the scorecards in the first Demetrious Johnson fight. Guy had him on the ropes and had a 4th round went down, most likely would have capitalized.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
I always wondered how the now would have been painted differently had those judges not messed up the scorecards in the first Demetrious Johnson fight. Guy had him on the ropes and had a 4th round went down, most likely would have capitalized.
Seriously. He was totally robbed :(

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks a bunch!!

Ian's one of my favorites. Wanted to give him some spotlight. Sad to see how things kind of fell apart for him. Just hope he can maintain a happy life no matter what he's doing.
I do not like Ian McCall much, but your article is great. Nice work.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
He also played to the crowd when he had him in serious trouble. He should have went for broke.
True. It wasn't as bad as people make it seem though. I re-watched it today. I think the showboating mostly distracted him. He could have gone for an RNC instead of GnP.