Listen The Rock 1000 countdown (final day)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
So you got a yearly event looking at the 1000 best pics of The Rock?

Sounds fun.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Regardless, seems to be a good station to have. Thank the gods for Pandora because outside of XRT Chicago (Yes I always say how great Chicago is, so brace yourselves) radio sucks.

Edit: And XRT isn't great. It's like the Ariel Helwani of Chicago radio, or a winner of the special Olympics,
Pandora is a life saver. Only thing I ever listen to on the radio anymore is local sports talk if I'm driving around town.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Worst Top 10 list ever. WTF is wrong with people over there BJTT_Kiwi @BJTT_Kiwi?
We're a special bunch of window lickers.

This years top 10 was full of nostalgia (soundgarden & linkin park) plus #7 was a campaign from one of the djs. "Get Nookie into the top 50". Not what I was expecting at all.

Kiwis will always have Shihad, Devilskin & Blindspott towards the top. All are well worth a listen.

Here is last years list.
The Rock 1000 + 500

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Kiwis will always have Shihad, Devilskin & Blindspott towards the top. All are well worth a listen.
Will give a listen. Love new bands.

My current favorite song is "You Aren't The Only One" by Black Pistol Fire.

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
Will give a listen. Love new bands.

My current favorite song is "You Aren't The Only One" by Black Pistol Fire.
Start with:
Devilskin - little pills
Devilskin - voices
Blindspott - phlex
Blindspott - nil by mouth
Blindspott - room to breathe
Shihad - home again
Shihad - comfort me
Shihad - my minds sedate
Shihad - run
Then work your way through their greatest hits

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Start with:
Devilskin - little pills
Devilskin - voices
Blindspott - phlex
Blindspott - nil by mouth
Blindspott - room to breathe
Shihad - home again
Shihad - comfort me
Shihad - my minds sedate
Shihad - run
Then work your way through their greatest hits
Devilskin - I like their sound. Lead singer is hot - and has a great voice. I will definitely check out their library.
Blindspott - Reminds me of Limp Bizkit. Good stuff.
Shihad - Good stuff. Solid band.

Thanks for the recommendations. Always looking for "new to me" music. I actually think I've heard some Shihad songs.

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
Devilskin - I like their sound. Lead singer is hot - and has a great voice. I will definitely check out their library.
Blindspott - Reminds me of Limp Bizkit. Good stuff.
Shihad - Good stuff. Solid band.

Thanks for the recommendations. Always looking for "new to me" music. I actually think I've heard some Shihad songs.
Devilskin have grown on me a fair bit.
Blindspott disbanded a few years back. Definitely nu-metal sound, but good for an odd listen.

Shihad are a massive favorite of mine. They tried to break the US market just after 9/11 and renamed themselves Pacifier (Shihad sounded too much like jihad apparently). Didn't work out too well. FVEY is their newest stuff.

Staying with Kiwi music, but a heap more chilled.
Fat Freddy's Drop (highly recommend)
Katchafire
Six60

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Blindspott disbanded a few years back. Definitely nu-metal sound, but good for an odd listen.

Shihad are a massive favorite of mine. They tried to break the US market just after 9/11 and renamed themselves Pacifier (Shihad sounded too much like jihad apparently). Didn't work out too well. FVEY is their newest stuff.

Katchafire
Six60
I used to listen to a 80's rockish band named D*A*D (Disneyland After Dark). I went through high school thinking they were from Australia. I just now found out they were from Denmark - which is hell and gone from Australia.

And yes, I know Australia ≠ New Zealand. :)

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Pandora is a life saver. Only thing I ever listen to on the radio anymore is local sports talk if I'm driving around town.
I thought they were scrapping Pandora? Maybe just In certain locations

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Katchafire
Six60
Father in law introduced me to devilskin. Have some solid tracks but kinda hit or miss with me.