General The Sexual Harassment Saga Continues...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
CBS News suspends Charlie Rose following sexual harassment report

Remember a time when the worst thing was someone talking about grabbing pussies? Mass demonstrations, the world was on fire, pussy hats.

And now the witch hunt has backfired with a vengeance, the ever growing list of previously thought heroes and proponents of the feminist platform, the progressive knights in shining armor, the ones that would speak up against the acts they are now accused of.

So here you have it, the next one in line, PBS' own, Charlie rose.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Waiting for this to end as soon as a prominent male star comes oit saying a female exec grabbed his crotch.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I feel violated from Janet Jackson's titty from that halftime show.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Anyone seeing this as a partisan issue is brainwashed or stupid.
It's not a partisan issue at all. But all the outrage coming from Hollywood, the hypocrisy, and it turns out it's the epicenter of such behavior. Why so salty about this. I was the left all my life. And now they turn out to be the exact same animals as the right. That is something to be salty about. Not for calling it for what it is. Their crusade has ended in home turf, shamefully so.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
It's not a partisan issue at all. But all the outrage coming from Hollywood, the hypocrisy, and it turns out it's the epicenter of such behavior. Why so salty about this. I was the left all my life. And now they turn out to be the exact same animals as the right. That is something to be salty about. Not for calling it for what it is. Their crusade has ended in home turf, shamefully so.
People who have tried to turn this into partisan point scoring on the left and right are deplorable. Harassment is mostly about power and largely about masculinity. There is no partisan divide when it comes to being a scumbag. Hollywood, Congress, corporate America, etc are all filled to the brim with stories like this. The politics of the offenders are meaningless and focusing on them allows us to sidestep important questions about women generally not being in power or not having mechanisms for redress besides public appeals. People on the right and left have been keeping a ticker almost as a new name gets exposed so lefties can be like "see Conservatives, you're not such moral people!" And Cons can shout back "see liberals, your outrage is hollow!" All while talking past the issue that it's an open secret that these institutions have been Babylon forever. Within 6 months, little will change and the story will stop getting coverage. It's only getting coverage now really as a residual effect of last year's Presidential campaign.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
People who have tried to turn this into partisan point scoring on the left and right are deplorable
The left and right game is tiresome, I'll be the first one to tell you. It distracts us from so many things that are being taken from us by both sides.

I am merely pointing out the hypocracy that came from leftist Hollywood. People speaking up on award shows about how this and that is unjust while standing on the biggest pile of filth themselves, knowing exactly what they are standing on and how they got there.

Yes, and anti-lgbt legislator being caught with a dick in his mouth, that is also hypocracy. And it needs to be called out.

I was glad to see Al Franken in the Senate. We need a strong democratic party, only to keep the other party on their toes. That's the quality we should demand. But they are preaching to us, casting stones in the name of justice, to see them turn into the devil you don't know.

I'm sure some of the allegations are nothing but a witch hunt, but it is however, a very good oppertunity for a look in the mirror.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Anyone seeing this as a partisan issue is brainwashed or stupid.
Although I agree that being a piece of shit doesn't respect parry lines. It's extremely ironic that those who said Trump shouldn't be elected because he's a deplorable person who doesn't respect women are the same ones who were sexually assaulting people. Meryl Streep had a whole awards speech dedicated to Trump being deplorable but doesn't seem to have anything to say about her good friend Harvey Weinstein.

Jan 21, 2015
Its great to see motherfuckers called out, but at the same time its terrifying how easy it is all of a sudden to just start accusing people left and right whether they are guilty or not. That fucks up lives, can be used as a political weapon, ruin people overnight by paying some slut to make up a story and go viral.

I'm almost guessing they will slather the MSM with this stuff until we all get bored of it, lol then back to business as usual no one wants to hear it anymore

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Its great to see motherfuckers called out, but at the same time its terrifying how easy it is all of a sudden to just start accusing people left and right whether they are guilty or not.
This right here. A fine line between exposing genuine creepers, and a full blown witch-hunt.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Meryl Streep had a whole awards speech dedicated to Trump being deplorable but doesn't seem to have anything to say about her good friend Harvey Weinstein.
Exactly, this is one of those examples when these so called outcries were nothing but partisan motivated.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
The left and right game is tiresome, I'll be the first one to tell you. It distracts us from so many things that are being taken from us by both sides.

I am merely pointing out the hypocracy that came from leftist Hollywood.
First sentence... contradicted by second sentence.

Look in the mirror. You're doing it.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Wait, sexual harassment in Hollywood is surprising to people?

I know none of the actresses mentioned it while thanking Harvey Weinstein in their Oscar acceptance speeches, but I assumed every assumed the worst about Hollywood behavior.