Society The Soft War w/China just firmed up...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Well, as I've said, get ready for war Americans and Western world..

I imagine not only a more heightened state in the S.China Sea, but a physical confrontation.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I'd rather guess this an attempt to gain some points for the upcoming election for your current government. The timing fits.

Anything that distracts from the current domestic problems is certainly welcome, and being hard and strong on a class enemy will awake the patriotism.
Fuck China. Fuck Commies.
Case in point.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Well, as I've said, get ready for war Americans and Western world..

I imagine not only a more heightened state in the S.China Sea, but a physical confrontation.
Yup. It's very sad. And it's been escalating for a while. It could get very bad. Like ww2 or worse. Unfortunately, they need to be put in check and they're not willing to check themselves.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'd rather guess this an attempt to gain some points for the upcoming election for your current government. The timing fits.

Anything that distracts from the current domestic problems is certainly welcome, and being hard and strong on a class enemy will awake the patriotism.

Case in point.
Why can't we say fuck china and commies while also caring about our domestic issues?

M

member 3289

Yup. Trump tried to use international students to achieve this but then tucked tail when universities challenged him in court.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm skeptical that these moves actually highlight a tough stance on China.

When the rubber meets the road, Trump has not shown anything other than China butt kissing.

TPP with Obama failed to have a solution to the fact that it essentially offshored low-skilled jobs for increased economic gain to GDP with the profits mostly geared towards the top.
However, TPP was a clever chess move against China to consolidate small Asian countries economically against China all at once.
It was a very mixed plan but definitely showed some real navigating around and against China for its economic undermining of the USA.

Navarro clearly understands that China doesn't play fair in any geopolitical or economic regard.
But if that's true, Trump is following it with things like quietly okaying China's genocide of the uyghurs. In an attempt for a domestically palatable China trade deal, Trump has shown willingness to suck off Xi. In the end there is no long-term planning Just short-term wins that are very public.

I'll finish watching the video in the OP which is quite long for the rest of the points, but I'm really very skeptical and this administration is nearly as tough on China as the public statements would make you think.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Case in point.
Am I to assume you're implying the two aren't intertwined?
You think "BLM" just 'happened'?

George Floyd-type deaths occur every month. And way more against whites per capita.
This is a symphony.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm skeptical that these moves actually highlight a tough stance on China.

When the rubber meets the road, Trump has not shown anything other than China butt kissing.

TPP with Obama failed to have a solution to the fact that it essentially offshored low-skilled jobs for increased economic gain to GDP with the profits mostly geared towards the top.
However, TPP was a clever chess move against China to consolidate small Asian countries economically against China all at once.
It was a very mixed plan but definitely showed some real navigating around and against China for its economic undermining of the USA.

Navarro clearly understands that China doesn't play fair in any geopolitical or economic regard.
But if that's true, Trump is following it with things like quietly okaying China's genocide of the uyghurs. In an attempt for a domestically palatable China trade deal, Trump has shown willingness to suck off Xi. In the end there is no long-term planning Just short-term wins that are very public.

I'll finish watching the video in the OP which is quite long for the rest of the points, but I'm really very skeptical and this administration is nearly as tough on China as the public statements would make you think.
I'd encourage you to actually pay attention to what's been happening militarily over the last 6-18 months.
I could write a book.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'd encourage you to actually pay attention to what's been happening militarily over the last 6-18 months.
I could write a book.
Let me say that I'm more than aware, given I'm involved in training and wargaming for my future deployments.

But the executive and the pentagon are not one in the same. There's very mixed messaging between the two entities on near peer nations.

Also please write a book. I would read it in a second

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Am I to assume you're implying the two aren't intertwined?
You think "BLM" the Hong Kong protests just 'happened'?

George Floyd-type deaths Junius Ho type stabbings occur every month. And way more against whites mainlanders per capita.
This is a symphony.
If this was weibo, this would be the convo.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Let me say that I'm more than aware, given I'm involved in training and wargaming for my future deployments.

But the executive and the pentagon are not one in the same. There's very mixed messaging between the two entities on near peer nations.

Also please write a book. I would read it in a second
I think you should definitely watch the video first next time.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"I don't know. I've only ever killed communists."
- Rafal Gan-Ganowicz, when asked what it was like to kill a human being.