General The Supreme Court has overturned Roe vs Wade.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Approve of federally-protected access to legal abortion being overturned?

• Yes, it's murder

• No, it's a woman's right to choose

• But what about Hunter Biiiiiiiiiiiiiden

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I don't think they're above expanding and packing the court to make shit happen. I think the only thing stopping them is they know it will then become yet another political weapon.
They should expand the court imo. The SC is a retarded institution. Lifetime appointments thst are arbitrarily timed

The SC is far right of America right now which blows

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
They should expand the court imo. The SC is a retarded institution. Lifetime appointments thst are arbitrarily timed

The SC is far right of America right now which blows
Agree to get rid of lifetime appointments.

but expanding the court is a pandora's box that would be never-ending. Pointless.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Agree to get rid of lifetime appointments.

but expanding the court is a pandora's box that would be never-ending. Pointless.
Maybe. Maybe not

The democrats are corrupt, so they intentionally get nothing done except what they agree to get done with their corrupt right wing colleagues

But if, or hopefully when, democrats finally do what the people want, the country will progress and never look back

Right wing policies and right wing justices will be a thing of the past

It'd just a matter of time before the Dam breaks

As an example, let's say congress passed universal healthcare. Once Americans had better Healthcare for cheaper, there is no way it could be taken away. That would be political suicide

Same thing for higher wages

Negotiating drug prices

Universal basic income

If americans ever get those things, there's no way they coyod be taken away

Same with supreme court. We need to pack it with progressives and overturn citizens United asap

Will that happen? No. But should it happen. Of course

And the reason dems won't pack the court is because they run the risk of a progressive court overturning citizens United which the right wing justices voted for. But most politicians on both sides love

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Maybe. Maybe not

The democrats are corrupt, so they intentionally get nothing done except what they agree to get done with their corrupt right wing colleagues

But if, or hopefully when, democrats finally do what the people want, the country will progress and never look back

Right wing policies and right wing justices will be a thing of the past

It'd just a matter of time before the Dam breaks

As an example, let's say congress passed universal healthcare. Once Americans had better Healthcare for cheaper, there is no way it could be taken away. That would be political suicide

Same thing for higher wages

Negotiating drug prices

Universal basic income

If americans ever get those things, there's no way they coyod be taken away

Same with supreme court. We need to pack it with progressives and overturn citizens United asap

Will that happen? No. But should it happen. Of course

And the reason dems won't pack the court is because they run the risk of a progressive court overturning citizens United which the right wing justices voted for. But most politicians on both sides love
"everyone agrees with me, they just don't know it yet"

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
For an actual reason, or because you want the balanced shifted to the DNC?
I want the balance shifted towards democracy

The majority of Americans aren't right wing, corrupt stooge, religious fanatics like the Supreme Court

The Supreme Court values corporations over people. Corporations over climate. Rich over poor. And they are blinded by their make believe daddy in the sky

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The majority already agree with me. And brainwashed morons will also agree once they get the stuff I want them to get

Correct
The majority of Americans agree with you about what?

Biden should pack the court?
Senate should carve out exceptions to the filibuster?

where's this silent consensus?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
So right now we have 9.
6 to 3 in favor of conservatives.

So add 4 to get the majority and pack it to 13?

And what happens when the GOP is back in control? They add 2 and move it to 15.

It's silly. Fix it with individual 12 year term limits.

Some of your points I agree with. Others not so much.

The main problem with our economy is the monstrous monopolies that gobble up any and all competitors. It eliminates healthy competition and creates a small minority at the top collecting a vast majority of the dollars.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
There's no good answer. Make it 12 years, you get them making rulings with an eye to jumping to a sweet huge money corporate gig after hanging up their robes.

Make it a lifetime appointment, you avoid that problem but you end up with a bunch of geriatrics clinging to power right up until the grave, dictating rules for a population that is on average nearly half a century younger than they are, and which they have spent decades completely isolated from while they live in an elitist bubble.

The main problem with our economy is the monstrous monopolies that gobble up any and all competitors.
Well, that's capitalism. That's what you get, it is the natural endpoint.

??

Last edited:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
So right now we have 9.
6 to 3 in favor of conservatives.

So add 4 to get the majority and pack it to 13?

And what happens when the GOP is back in control? They add 2 and move it to 15.

Some of your points I agree with. Others not so much.

The main problem with our economy is the monstrous monopolies that gobble up any and all competitors. It eliminates healthy competition and creates a small minority at the top exponentially collecting a vast majority of the dollars.
The 13 is for the 13 circuits right? So what excuse would there be for 15, or does it not matter?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The 13 is for the 13 circuits right? So what excuse would there be for 15, or does it not matter?
Regain majority. Move it from a 6-7 disadvantage to an advantage of 8-7.

Once the precedent is set that this is the new way the game is played, it will likely be played ad infinitum.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
You want the government to step in and tell the most successful job creators that there's a cap on how much money they can make with their private businesses?

??
Not at all..
But monopolies create a single source for a given product. That's why they are (supposed to be) illegal. They eliminate competition. When it comes to a free market, bigger isn't always better.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Not at all..
But monopolies create a single source for a given product. That's why they are (supposed to be) illegal. They eliminate competition. When it comes to a free market, bigger isn't always better.
Right, but there is a difference between a true monopoly, and an effective monopoly.

Effective monopoly is the natural endpoint of late-stage capitalism. Sooner or later, a giant emerges that can either crush, recreate or purchase any potential rival it sees forming on the horizon. The ability to compete in the marketplace doesn't really mean much if the dominant giant either stamps you out of existence or folds you into itself as soon as it notices you.

??

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I don't know for sure but got the sense there are certain ACA benefits people are comfortable enough with now that they can't take them away so I can see what you're saying K @kaladin stormblessed
Exactly. Like minimum wage ... there's only one way it can go, which is up. Legislators voting to lower it would be a death sentence

Imagine universal basic income. Once that exists, you can't take it away

My main point tho is that the republican justices approved citizens United. Now Republicans and democrats are both bought out by corporations

I legitimately fear that if Trump gets into power again while so many corrupt right wings get into power in state governments, we may lose our democracy. So that's a threat

But assuming that doesn't happen, it's only a matter of time before america the younger generation replaces Republicans and establishment democrats with progressives who don't take corporate PAC money

Once that happens, america will finally blossom into what many consider the "American dream"

Progressives would pass:
- common sense laws on gun control and more
- women's reproductive rights
- paid maternity and paternity leave
- universal healthcare
- 16 years of public education
- higher minimum wage

These things would benefit not only progressive voters, but the majority of Americans

So my optimistic side believes that once we get a win, the next and the next become progressively easier to pass and harder to take away (no pun intended)

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I forgot that yesterday, biden said he made a deal with McConnell to appoint an anti-roe Federal Judge

That's a lifetime appointments of a right wing judge

There is 0% chance biden carves out filibuster for privacy rights. Manchin and sinema wouldn't vote for them. And biden won't call them out

Biden is lying about caring about women's rights

Same with pelosi, who endorsed cuellar (anti-choice) over cisneros

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Right, but there is a difference between a true monopoly, and an effective monopoly.

Effective monopoly is the natural endpoint of late-stage capitalism. Sooner or later, a giant emerges that can either crush, recreate or purchase any potential rival it sees forming on the horizon. The ability to compete in the marketplace doesn't really mean much if the dominant giant either stamps you out of existence or folds you into itself as soon as it notices you.

??
That's why they are illegal.