Society The Swedish riddle

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
that's interesting. Wonder how the gun laws compare in either country. I know the polizei in germany are hardcore and don't put up with any shit from anybody. seen it first hand. not to say that Sweden's cops are wimpy. could have something to do with the latitude and alcoholism being a factor. I live in Alaska and shootings aren't really uncommon. usually there's alcohol involved. suicide isn't always a big surprise up here. when cops shoot someone up here people don't get all bent out of shape. people's response is usually that they probably deserved it. not that people are for a police state or anything. we do, however realize that cops don't have an easy job. that's why they get payed so much up here. in germany, people wouldn't antagonize the cops like they do in the us. they don't even try to be empathetic and it seems to work just fine for them.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
So these young men have 3 things in common:
1. Marijuana use
2. Live in specific areas of Sweden considered to be ghettos
3. Have at least one parent who immigrated to Sweden

Why did you only focus on one of the three common traits?

Another thing worth noting, specific ethnic immigrant groups rise and fall withing the reported criminal offender groups depending on when they immigrated to Sweden.

Also worth noting, those who were most likely to be the victims of the reported crimes were within the ethnic grouping of the offender.

And how about that, Latin Americans are considered safe people in Sweden.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Whatever you say social warrior. Guess you’re gonna tell me Christian on Muslim rape is a huge issue. Keep your head in the sand.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Whatever you say social warrior. Guess you’re gonna tell me Christian on Muslim rape is a huge issue. Keep your head in the sand.
I just made some observations from the article you posted.

Feel free to debate any of them.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
So these young men have 3 things in common:
1. Marijuana use
2. Live in specific areas of Sweden considered to be ghettos
3. Have at least one parent who immigrated to Sweden
Well, at least one of those other things has demonstrably no correlation to violence across populations.

The other two can be enscapsulated as 'impoverished immigrant'

Another thing worth noting, specific ethnic immigrant groups rise and fall withing the reported criminal offender groups depending on when they immigrated to Sweden.
hmmm...so the less 'immigrant' they are, the less likely they are to commit crimes. I bet if you look in to it, the longer the time from arrival, the greater the income earning potential. I'd even bet that they're less likely to live in poor neighborhoods.

Also worth noting, those who were most likely to be the victims of the reported crimes were within the ethnic grouping of the offender.
Crime is crime. Cops get paid by the year, not by the arrest. So resources spent solving crimes in poor immigrant communities are resources not spent solving other crimes. Immigrant communities are also the least likely to call the cops, or to inform on criminals. So the crime overall, and especially in those areas, is probably much worse than is reported.