Society The time I psychologically devastated a former coworker.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
So, way back when, I worked with this gay guy. Being gay has nothing to do with this, as I have worked with dozens of gay people, male or female, and never had an issue with any of them, aside from the French fry story.

So I come in to work dinner shift, and as I am walking in, I see "Kyle" telling some Arab chick in a burka how beautiful she is. You could taste how much the 2 guys she was with wanted to behead him on the spot.

Anyways, they pay and leave no tip.

15 minutes later I say "Yo Kyle, you gonna clean table 46 or what?"

He says, and I quote: "Fuck that, I didn't get paid, you clean it."

Now what you need to know about Kyle was he wasn't flamingly gay, but he was completely vapid, self absorbed, delusional, and thought the world revolved around him, and only him.

I went to a manager and they said they'd take care of it. I told them not to worry and went and cleaned the table since it was in my section.

Never spoke to Kyle again. It wasn't that he said that shit to me, but the fact that he would have said it to anyone else that pissed me off. We were, and still are, a very tight group of friends. His actions were unacceptable. If he sat at our table after the shift, I would put my drink down, pay my tab and leave.

Fast forward like 2 years.

I'm on the 12:30 train out of LaSalle St. Station. Who ends up sitting on the lower deck, Kyle, no idea what he was on, but he was clearly super fucked up. He sees me, then come to the top level of the train to try to talk to me like we were old friends.

He's all like "Hey man, how ya doin? What's going on?"

I say, and this is close to verbatim "Where were you the other night? A bunch on us met up at [our former place of work]? Jay, Melbilina, Nate, there were like 15 of us on the patio. Do you know who was asking about you?

The anticipation on his face as he asked "Who?" was priceless.

"Absolutely no one".

Then I grabbed my bag and went to a different car.

The only thing more priceless than the look of anticipation on his face, was the look of utter devastation when I verbally tore his heart out while, I'm guessing he was on ecstacy and totally emotionally vulnerable.

It. Was. Awesome.