the UFC is suing francis's team

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
On Monday, January 24, 2022, while speaking with Ariel Helwani on “The MMA Hour,” Ngannou said that his team received an email hours before his fight with Gane that stated that the UFC was going to sue them for speaking with Bidarian.

He told Helwani: “Going into the arena, I dressed up. I put my suit [on] and I walk to the room waiting for my manager and my coach. And they were like, ‘Wow.’ And I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’ They told me they just received an email from the UFC that said they’re going to sue him for talking with this guy, [Nakisa Bidarian]. And I’m like, ‘Who is Nakisa?’ They [were] telling me I don’t know him pretty much, but he’s somebody from Jake Paul’s team. And now I’m like, ‘Is he a promoter or something?’ And they’re like, ‘No.’

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
On Monday, January 24, 2022, while speaking with Ariel Helwani on “The MMA Hour,” Ngannou said that his team received an email hours before his fight with Gane that stated that the UFC was going to sue them for speaking with Bidarian.

He told Helwani: “Going into the arena, I dressed up. I put my suit [on] and I walk to the room waiting for my manager and my coach. And they were like, ‘Wow.’ And I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’ They told me they just received an email from the UFC that said they’re going to sue him for talking with this guy, [Nakisa Bidarian]. And I’m like, ‘Who is Nakisa?’ They [were] telling me I don’t know him pretty much, but he’s somebody from Jake Paul’s team. And now I’m like, ‘Is he a promoter or something?’ And they’re like, ‘No.’
Obvious attempted distraction from the UFC but Francis's team is stupid af for telling him right before the fight.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
underhanded move by the ufc to do that right before a title fight

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
as long as any disagreements are thrashed out in court, at an eye-watering cost, then that's fine with me lol

I thought initially, they were suing for Nganniu lying to a doctor and saying he was fine to compete.

but it looks like they just threatened to sue, because they are dicks, and that's about it

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Okay, but it's not like he signed anything, just some guy who isn't even Francis, talking to another guy.

The agent not able to go shopping sounds like commie shit.
I hope this turns into a big thing and Jake Paul jumps on the bandwagon to fuck with dana

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Okay, but it's not like he signed anything, just some guy who isn't even Francis, talking to another guy.

The agent not able to go shopping sounds like commie shit.
Francis did sign something. A shitty contract that says he can't shop around while under contract.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm an independent contractor. I've been off work since December 11th iirc with health issues. Zero sick pay. Zero health care from my employer. That's the deal. On the flip side if I wanted to go work for a competitor I just go do it. If I can't work a week next month I say hey I can't work a week next month. They will say "oh well people are already booked off for that time yada yada" and I say well I'm telling you not requesting. It's a very fucked up game. I'm gonna talk to the manager there when I go back about switching over to the company permanently, the only trouble is the pay will be wank, and I'm a greedy cunt who likes cash. I have said for years it's preposterous that UFC fighters are bound to contracts that don't allow them to compete in other organisations.

That's not what a contractor is. The UFC uses it as a loophole to save themselves cash and retain talent. It's a load of shit and they should be sued.

Nate Quarry @Nate Quarry

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I wonder how much Jon Jones could have made around the world fighting the last 2 years if he wasn't bound by some UFC contract that would sue him if he did.

How much has the UFC paid him for not fighting? The square root of fuck all is how much.

It's basically our way or starve.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Francis did sign something. A shitty contract that says he can't shop around while under contract.
He didn't shop around tho. Did the guy talking to the other guy sign anything with the UFC?
And maybe they just talked about the weather.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He didn't shop around tho. Did the guy talking to the other guy sign anything with the UFC?
And maybe they just talked about the weather.
Maybe the dude is also a massive African specimen of doom and they were gonna start a tag team? Maybe they talked about the tranny swimming scandal. Doesn't matter what they talked about. Francis should be able to talk to whoever he wants. Doesn't matter if he had 4 fights on his deal, he's allowed to plan, and sign for the future.

UFC contracts should be no longer than a year long max then absolved.

Want them to keep fighting? Back to the table.

The way the UFC runs it should be illegal imo

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Doesn't matter if he had 4 fights on his deal, he's allowed to plan, and sign for the future.
That's called "tampering" in other sports and is a sure way to get fined, lose draft picks, etc.

I'm certainly not taking the UFC's side. But there are clauses and such in pretty much every sporting organization. Certainly doesn't feel "right" in a moral way but talking to other promotions is quite potentially very "wrong" in a legal sense.