the UFC is suing francis's team

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
He didn't shop around tho. Did the guy talking to the other guy sign anything with the UFC?
And maybe they just talked about the weather.
That's not how representation works. I know everyone likes to shit on the UFC's egregious contracts, but whether or not someone likes them isn't relevant. SuperPig @Willthiswork said it well.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That's called "tampering" in other sports and is a sure way to get fined, lose draft picks, etc.

I'm certainly not taking the UFC's side. But there are clauses and such in pretty much every sporting organization. Certainly doesn't feel "right" in a moral way but talking to other promotions is quite potentially very "wrong" in a legal sense.
And it shouldn't be. Let's pretend for a second renzo Gracie wanted to fight. The UFC could be a cunt and say he's still contracted to them (according to him)

Jon Jones and Dana can't agree on payment for hw, fine Jones should be able to say fuck off then and shop around. Not sit out 2+ years

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If the UFC have the right to cut fighters, which they often so despite them having multiple fights left on the shot deal, then a fighter / independent contractor should also have the right to tell them to fuck themselves and cancel it too.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
If the UFC have the right to cut fighters, which they often so despite them having multiple fights left on the shot deal, then a fighter / independent contractor should also have the right to tell them to fuck themselves and cancel it too.
How would you feel if each side had a buyout clause/early termination fee?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
And it shouldn't be. Let's pretend for a second renzo Gracie wanted to fight. The UFC could be a cunt and say he's still contracted to them (according to him)

Jon Jones and Dana can't agree on payment for hw, fine Jones should be able to say fuck off then and shop around. Not sit out 2+ years
I agree with most of that other than I can't abide someone signing a contract and then holding out for more money. If you sign the deal then that's the deal. You can ask for more but fuck off if you don't like them saying no.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
How would you feel if each side had a buyout clause/early termination fee?
Well I was just thinking while I had a woodbine. I think fighters should be signed to time related deals. For example.

Tom signs a 2 year contract. During that he is paid X amount per fight. During the off season he is paid a small stipend to train, that way if he is out for 9 months he still has an income. The UFC can cut him sure. He can't fight for another org during this time, but he can quit and lose the pay.

Everyone should be able to quit thier job and get a new one. The UFC contract is akin to slavery. If I signed a deal with the UFC for 4 fights I should be able to quit if it suits me. Unless they are paying me to train while I fulfill those 4 fights, and only until a certain time frame expires

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I agree with most of that other than I can't abide someone signing a contract and then holding out for more money. If you sign the deal then that's the deal. You can ask for more but fuck off if you don't like them saying no.
Should just be on a fight by fight basis.

"Okay you want me to fight danthewolfman? Sure 50k and I'll do it"

"Oh you want me to get murdered by Michael bisping? Sure I'll fight him for 1m"

The UFC doesn't have a particular model when it come to fighter pay. It comes down to what the lowest figure they can get away with is for each person..

Bisping and hunto and overeem made triple what some of the champs do per fight 6+ years ago. Because they knew they were a draw.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I thought it was the other way around. Renzo kept wanting to fight in the UFC and the UFC kept saying "no fuck off, your too old"
and when they wouldn't let him fight for the UFC...

You're also forgetting that Nate has asked for and been denied his release like 300 times.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Jones is serving a silent PED ban

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's fighter bashing. I'll see you swing from the highest mast in Pompey for this slander.
he didn't just give up his belt and title defense streak and take 2+ years off

that is a MMA fairy tale

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
he didn't just give up his belt and title defense streak and take 2+ years off

that is a MMA fairy tale
He's moving up to hw. Lhw was too easy for him it wasn't fair. Look what he did to that RUA fella, it was embarrassing, nearly got the UFC put in prison for public rape.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

there should be a reasonable amount of time he has to sit out before the contract is void. not forever like randy or 5 years like GSP. jones also cant say i want 20 mil to fight francis when he is on 2 mil contract . contracts work both ways . there should be no "cant agree on payment" .there is already a contract in place stating what the payment will be

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
there should be a reasonable amount of time he has to sit out before the contract is void. not forever like randy or 5 years like GSP. jones also cant say i want 20 mil to fight francis when he is on 2 mil contract . contracts work both ways . there should be no "cant agree on payment" .there is already a contract in place stating what the payment will be
Yes. I agree. But I think if the UFC hold the power to terminate that contract at any time, which they do, then so should the fighter.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Jones is serving a silent PED ban
could be. when is the last time usada announced publicly that they had suspended someone ? kinda odd only lowly prelim fighters get caught these days . every time i hear of a suspension Im like who da fook is that guy

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yes. I agree. But I think if the UFC hold the power to terminate that contract at any time, which they do, then so should the fighter.
it is definitely a shit contract in favor of the ufc .always has been . cant see it changing until dana is gone and some egghead nerd takes over

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Or if the UFC cuts a fighter they should pay the remaining fights on the contract. If they wanna play sillybollocks then give them pause for thought

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
could be. when is the last time usada announced publicly that they had suspended someone ? kinda odd only lowly prelim fighters get caught these days . every time i hear of a suspension Im like who da fook is that guy
Usada is a load of nonsense.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If it's an agreed amount for an agreement number of fights and the UFC cut them early then they are responsible to cough up the remaining fights.

This would lead to short deals and more negotiable opportunities for the fighters.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Considering the loophole usage(snitching clause to reduce 4 years ban to 2 with time served), changing definition of failed tests(pulsing), the moving of events when testing positive, etc...that they have done for Jon I feel that something definitely occurred and he was asked to voluntarily give up his LHW belt.

Nothing really makes sense otherwise.

If he is gonna fight HW then fight HW, talking isn't fighting.

He technically was failing every test that had "pulsing" metabolites...not long after that they stopped disclosing most of the test results.

Designer steroids was obviously what he had been doing for quite some time...His PEDs and usage methods of choice were mostly ahead of the testing technology and detection capability.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
this is all the suspensions handed out from july 2020 to dec 2021 . the only fighter of note that is on there is kevin lee and he got popped for adderal by NSAC
FireShot Capture 032 - UFC Releases, Retirement & Suspended Fighters List for 2021-2022_ - www...png