General The Uplifting Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Shit like that started to effect me more after the birth of my son.
Yeah that's fair. I don't have kids. I've also worked a job for years where you're flat out useless if you get emotional due to stuff that you're not directly involved in. ?

I have noticed myself being more emotionally affected by things since meeting my wife-to-be, though. Which is strange, but positive.

??

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah that's fair. I don't have kids. I've also worked a job for years where you're flat out useless if you get emotional due to stuff that you're not directly involved in. ?

I have noticed myself being more emotionally affected by things since meeting my wife-to-be, though. Which is strange, but positive.

??
Knock her up and watch how much you change.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Knock her up and watch how much you change.
Never gonna happen. That's the worst case scenario for us.

Also with my job, every night without fail I get a dozen or more calls with people screaming or crying "My fuckwit kid ruined my life!", so that probably helps put me off. But I have never, ever wanted kids. Not even a little bit.

??

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Never gonna happen. That's the worst case scenario for us.

Also with my job, every night without fail I get a dozen or more calls with people screaming or crying "My fuckwit kid ruined my life!", so that probably helps put me off. But I have never, ever wanted kids. Not even a little bit.

??
I said the same things.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Uffizi gallery in Florence has (badass) carvings of the paintings, so blind visitors can get a sense of them too.

Kids in wheelchairs still like to swing.

People in wheelchairs like the ocean too.

Blind people deserve to know which is the shampoo and which is the conditioner.

??