The Wheel of Time (November 2021)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
this show is going to be so sick. elevator pitch is that it falls somewhere between The Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones

15 book series. book 1 was written as an homage to The Fellowship of the Ring. But with humans instead of humans, hobbits, and dwarves

here is a first look at the fellowship (im not spoiling anything. this is episode 1/2 type shit)

the asian dude and rosamund pike are legit badasses. but in time, all 7 of them are badass in their own ways

LETS GO!

RDT_20210818_1422058712142866867230880.jpg

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Fucking hell yeah.

I read the books and I'm very keen on what they do with it.
The books take a loooong time and have a lot of moving parts... They could easily butcher it like the sword of truth a couple years ago.

I hope it's good tho.
Where will it air?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Fucking hell yeah.

I read the books and I'm very keen on what they do with it.
The books take a loooong time and have a lot of moving parts... They could easily butcher it like the sword of truth a couple years ago.

I hope it's good tho.
Where will it air?
amazon prime (so theyve got this and also lord of the rings next year)

* shannara chronicles was kinda corny, but not gonna lie, i kinda loved it anyway lol

edit: i was thinking you meant shannara. im not familiar with the sword of truth books or tv series. whoops

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
non spoiler introductory map

over time, the entire map will be explored. every region has different ethnicities and cultures

red circle is where the story will begin. small farming village called Emond's Field in a minor region called The Two Rivers (since its located between two rivers)

blue circle is The White Tower, where sexy female sorceresses train

wheel_of_time___westland_map_by_joystikx_dbcj8ut-fullview.jpg

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
amazon prime (so theyve got this and also lord of the rings next year)

* shannara chronicles was kinda corny, but not gonna lie, i kinda loved it anyway lol

edit: i was thinking you meant shannara. im not familiar with the sword of truth books or tv series. whoops
Shannara Chronicles was okayish, albeit it felt a bit corny/geared towards younger peepz. I haven't read the books so dunno how true to them it is.

The sword of truth tho they simply butchered, don't watch it. The books were good.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015

over time, the entire map will be explored. every region has different ethnicities and cultures

red circle is where the story will begin. small farming village called Emond's Field in a minor region called The Two Rivers (since its located between two rivers)

View attachment 43935
Will they get enough time to explore everything?
The books moved slowly and were more complex than GoT I'd say (tho I haven't read the GoT books), but I think this is a consensus.

It will be interesting to see how they stitch it all together and the pacing they will go for. GoT has shown that you don't need to blow your wad inside of two seasons, so I hope they will do it justice.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Will they get enough time to explore everything?
The books moved slowly and were more complex than GoT I'd say (tho I haven't read the GoT books), but I think this is a consensus.

It will be interesting to see how they stitch it all together and the pacing they will go for. GoT has shown that you don't need to blow your wad inside of two seasons, so I hope they will do it justice.
game of thrones books are much more intimate in terms of the political intrigue since it occurs mainly between family members who each have their own POV chapters

whereas wheel of time is often the main characters doing deals with or against other characters who dont have their own rolling third-person POV chapters (with the exception of aes sedai, white cloaks, and foresaken)

in terms of the length, im guessing that season 1 would be book 1. and possibly same for 2, 3, and or 4. but they will probably cut out or combone a lot of "the slog" books and make it a 7 or 8 season show (assuming it gets that far)

* i vaguely recall the show runner saying he pitched it or envisioned it as an 8 season show

M

member 1013

this show is going to be so sick. elevator pitch is that it falls somewhere between The Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones

15 book series. book 1 was written as an homage to The Fellowship of the Ring. But with humans instead of humans, hobbits, and dwarves

here is a first look at the fellowship (im not spoiling anything. this is episode 1/2 type shit)

the asian dude and rosamund pike are legit badasses. but in time, all 7 of them are badass in their own ways

LETS GO!

View attachment 43928
Awesome

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021

View attachment 43935
I love me some sexy female sorceresses.

Been meaning to read the books for it seems like my entire life, but it's so intimidating to start Book One knowing how fucking long the saga is.

??

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018

Been meaning to read the books for it seems like my entire life, but it's so intimidating to start Book One knowing how fucking long the saga is.

??
Funny, I had never heard of the series until K @kaladin stormblessed told me about it. My plan was to read the books before the show came out…. then I saw it was 15 books. I know I’m going to want to watch as soon as it comes out, so there is no way I’d be able to get through that much reading beforehand.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Funny, I had never heard of the series until K @kaladin stormblessed told me about it. My plan was to read the books before the show came out…. then I saw it was 15 books. I know I’m going to want to watch as soon as it comes out, so there is no way I’d be able to get through that much reading beforehand.
Crap thing is, my missus has read the whole series and I am more of a geek than her in general, so she taunts me with it. Once the show starts, she'll want to watch it. So I likely will have 15 books to read between seasons 1 and 2.

??

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Crap thing is, my missus has read the whole series and I am more of a geek than her in general, so she taunts me with it. Once the show starts, she'll want to watch it. So I likely will have 15 books to read between seasons 1 and 2.

??
I thought about doing the audio books on 2x speed, but the story seems too involved for that. I can’t stay engaged listening to books.
Hopefully your lady doesn’t torture you with teases! Actually, scratch that, she should totally fuck with you! ?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I thought about doing the audio books on 2x speed, but the story seems too involved for that. I can’t stay engaged listening to books.
Hopefully your lady doesn’t torture you with teases! Actually, scratch that, she should totally fuck with you! ?
I taunt her with false spoilers for things all the time, so yeah, she probably will.

??

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

??
lol yeh its huge. if you like reading before watching, just get through book 1..maybe books 1 and 2 before the show drops in november

and from there youll have atleast a year to read the next 1 or 2

and so forth and so on each year or two for probably around 8 total seasons if all goes well :))

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
im an avid audiobooker. and i am very familiar with the two narrators, kate reading and michael kramer since they also narrate everything by brandon sanderson, who is by far my favorite author (kaladin is from brandon sanderson books)

but even i could only do 1.5x for most of the series the first time through bc there are way too many characters

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
"fun" fact: robert jordan died before finishing the series. and my favoritr author (man who is writing the books with kaladin stormblessed) wrote the last three "the wheel of time" books (using extensive notes that jordan left before passing away)

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
they showed a lot in this trailer. leads be to believe either they are dropping baerlon or they are doing books 1 and 2 in season 1
I'm not sure anymore what is in which books, so dunno. But I trust ya on this.

If they put too much stuff in people will be overwhelmed, or characters will not get enough time. Seeing as you have a lot of important characters right of the bat, it won't be easy to find the right balance.