The Wheel of Time (November 2021)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Just a shit ending to the first season of an otherwise intriguing show.

If I didn't know any better I'd swear D&D were involved...

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
So I rewatched it with my dad (he also read the books) and he really digged it, hopes it gets more seasons.

Binging it, the show works better than once a week imo. The Perrin - Egwene thing still sucks, as most love triangles do, and he is still a way better char in the books.
The foreshadowing that Mat is gonna be evil kinda irks me too. Tho it might be interesting if done well, there are enough evil characters in the books in order to balance it out. No need to make Mat one, really.

The last episode was still not good for a multitude of reasons, with concerning developments for future plot points. I actually like it even less now, it is the worst by far. Your final episode shouldn't be the worst..

Book one ending was confusing in the book as well iirc, but.. there is more than just the confusing parts.
With the reveal that Rand is the Dragon the show should have turned him into the main char as well, it still feels as if Egwene and Nynaeve are, while the three men are either useless wimps (Perrin), being a dangerous hindrance (Mat), or inconsequential like Rand.
His "battle" should not in any way, shape or form feel smaller than whatever it is the 5 women did. Yet it does.
@Lars (ADMlN)'s meme is pretty on point as well. So much about the whole episode is stupid and disregards the spirit and logic of the original story, I don't even wanna write it all out.
Lan also did nothing this episode, why?

I liked the Lews Therin epilogue, or I like that they had one, but he was butchered. The epilogue makes it seem as if he was an egomaniac living in a nice cozy world, that wanted to fight the dark one for his glory. While the chick was the wise woman that knew what would happen (but didn't intervene, Lulz).
In the books it was quite a bit different iirc, kinda a last resort maneuver that "failed" because the women were too stubborn to help, no? And nobody knew that tainting the source was even a possibility I believe, nor what carastrophic events it would bring in its wake.
Rand's mother's epilogue was bad ass, Lews' was turning him into a turd for no reason at all.
That was a lazy ass written epilogue. And episode.

Better ignore it and hope for the best, eh? Apparently they had big covid problems and last minute rewrites in the production..
We will see where they take it.

Does anyone know what the plans are regarding future seasons?

M

member 3289

They're already filming season 2. Amazon hasn't re-signed the show for season 3 but likely will now because it's the most watched series on Amazon Prime ever.

M

member 3289

So I rewatched it with my dad (he also read the books) and he really digged it, hopes it gets more seasons.
With German subtitles, dubbed in German, or does your dad speak fluent English?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

Binging it, the show works better than once a week imo. The Perrin - Egwene thing still sucks, as most love triangles do, and he is still a way better char in the books.
The foreshadowing that Mat is gonna be evil kinda irks me too. Tho it might be interesting if done well, there are enough evil characters in the books in order to balance it out. No need to make Mat one, really.

The last episode was still not good for a multitude of reasons, with concerning developments for future plot points. I actually like it even less now, it is the worst by far. Your final episode shouldn't be the worst..

Book one ending was confusing in the book as well iirc, but.. there is more than just the confusing parts.
With the reveal that Rand is the Dragon the show should have turned him into the main char as well, it still feels as if Egwene and Nynaeve are, while the three men are either useless wimps (Perrin), being a dangerous hindrance (Mat), or inconsequential like Rand.
His "battle" should not in any way, shape or form feel smaller than whatever it is the 5 women did. Yet it does.
@Lars (ADMlN)'s meme is pretty on point as well. So much about the whole episode is stupid and disregards the spirit and logic of the original story, I don't even wanna write it all out.
Lan also did nothing this episode, why?

I liked the Lews Therin epilogue, or I like that they had one, but he was butchered. The epilogue makes it seem as if he was an egomaniac living in a nice cozy world, that wanted to fight the dark one for his glory. While the chick was the wise woman that knew what would happen (but didn't intervene, Lulz).
In the books it was quite a bit different iirc, kinda a last resort maneuver that "failed" because the women were too stubborn to help, no? And nobody knew that tainting the source was even a possibility I believe, nor what carastrophic events it would bring in its wake.
Rand's mother's epilogue was bad ass, Lews' was turning him into a turd for no reason at all.
That was a lazy ass written epilogue. And episode.

Better ignore it and hope for the best, eh? Apparently they had big covid problems and last minute rewrites in the production..
We will see where they take it.

based off stuff in the season 1 ending, season 2 looks to be adapting books 2 and 3 simultaneously, which means taking some characters out their roles in each of those books

i find leaked scripts and amateur drone footage to be unethical, so all i know is what amazon officially releases

uno (who already appeared), masema, ingtar

Guy-Roberts-Arnas-Fedaravicius-Gregg-Chillingirian.jpg

these three have been casted without official statements as to who. maybe elayne, lanfear, and verin

Ceera-Covenay-Meera-Syal-Natasha-OKeeffe.jpg

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Show needs hotter chicks to balance the poopy writing
based off stuff in the season 1 ending, season 2 looks to be adapting books 2 and 3 simultaneously, which means taking some characters out their roles in each of those books

i find leaked scripts and amateur drone footage to be unethical, so all i know is what amazon officially releases

uno (who already appeared), masema, ingtar

View attachment 56133

these three have been casted without official statements as to who. maybe elayne, lanfear, and verin

View attachment 56134
Down left looks capable.

With the red hair, she could be Aviendha tho?