The Wheel of Time (November 2021)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
K @kaladin stormblessed u seen arcane yet?

I'm only on ep 4 or so but it's really good.
im not familiar with league of legends. is it a comic book series, video game, or is it just cosplay?

i know of it from seeing and watching some convention videos with smoking hot girls

everyones beeb raving about it, but i keep forgetting to watch. thanks for the reminder

edit: from league of legends youtube page cosplay video, it looked like they were there to see people play one of those phone video games

gonna check out the show for sure. thanks

Last edited:

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
im not familiar with league of legends. is it a comic book series, video game, or is it just cosplay?

i know of it from seeing and watching some convention videos with smoking hot girls

everyones beeb raving about it, but i keep forgetting to watch. thanks for the reminder

edit: from league of legends youtube page cosplay video, it looked like they were there to see people play one of those phone video games

gonna check out the show for sure. thanks
I don't know a lot about it tbh. I know there is a video game, but I never played it. Maybe there are books too, dunno.

So I went at it blank, and it's really good.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I don't know a lot about it tbh. I know there is a video game, but I never played it. Maybe there are books too, dunno.

So I went at it blank, and it's really good.
yeh ill be with ya on that. supposedly it was one of netflixs best shows this year. i just keep forgetting about it

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
yeh ill be with ya on that. supposedly it was one of netflixs best shows this year. i just keep forgetting about it
coicidentally, i had planned on rewatching "raised by wolves" today, but didnt feel like it.

so i started the day with the "knife of dreams" prologue. and now im halfway through a different anime cartoon thing: Dota

when it first came out, i had stopped after 2 episodes. now im on 6 of 8

its not spectacular. buts fun. and they keep adding new interesting elements. so im hooked

plus, the Dota song was my jam back in the day

View: https://youtu.be/aTJncWndUB8

M

member 1013

coicidentally, i had planned on rewatching "raised by wolves" today, but didnt feel like it.

so i started the day with the "knife of dreams" prologue. and now im halfway through a different anime cartoon thing: Dota

when it first came out, i had stopped after 2 episodes. now im on 6 of 8

its not spectacular. buts fun. and they keep adding new interesting elements. so im hooked

plus, the Dota song was my jam back in the day

View: https://youtu.be/aTJncWndUB8
My friend just finished EotW and he can’t stop talking about how much better it is den da show and how the ending made more sense in da book

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Wut ur fav of da books
an hour ago, a friend asked me the same question about the stormlight archive and my response was that i dont like to rank since book 2 is a function of book 1. book 3 is a function of 1 and 2. etc

so i prefer to just think of it as a series. but the wheel is so long that i definitely can pick out weaker books, and thus, i guess ill admit to liking specific books

Screenshot_20220109-225419_Instagram.png

so in terms of the wheel of time...

first time through, i would have said the shadow rising (4) was my favorite until i got to the end

the fires of heaven (5) has a fun ending and lord of chaos (6) has an awsome ending. and knife of dreams (11) was awesome, especially compared to 7-10.

but brandson sanderson is my favorite author by a long shot. so 12-14 are my favorites

what about you?

M

member 1013

an hour ago, a friend asked me the same question about the stormlight archive and my response was that i dont like to rank since book 2 is a function of book 1. book 3 is a function of 1 and 2. etc

so i prefer to just think of it as a series. but the wheel is so long that i definitely can pick out weaker books, and thus, i guess ill admit to liking specific books

View attachment 57223

so in terms of the wheel of time...

first time through, i would have said the shadow rising (4) was my favorite until i got to the end

the fires of heaven (5) has a fun ending and lord of chaos (6) has an awsome ending. and knife of dreams (11) was awesome, especially compared to 7-10.

but brandson sanderson is my favorite author by a long shot. so 12-14 are my favorites

what about you?
EotW

it had the greatest ending evaaaar

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I actually love the great hunt doe
yeh i reread it a month ago and was like, wait a second, i forgot how good this book was start to finish

so i hear ya

endings of books hold more weight to me. and great hunts was ending was great. especially a certain twist and the resolution to that twist which ties back to a scene in chapter 3 or 6 iirc. so thats awesome

but one of the final arcs to book 4 is one of my favorite arcs in the whole series (the character that goes mia for the next book lol)

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
K @kaladin stormblessed I'm 70% through the fourth book (Kindle not Audible). I can confirm what @Lars and Q @Qat are saying about the show being a fucking terrible adaptation (actually idk if Qat said that but whatever).

Of course you like it though.
Fucking terrible isn't my choice of words, but it's not good.

Up to the final I was optimistic and it was in the "okay" bracket. The finale did it in.
Knowing now how massive their production problems were, I can see why. It basically was planned very different and they had to scramble to get anything on screen, thus it was a scrambled mess.
Imo it would have been better to postpone the whole season. Amazon put pressure up though.
Although it's not only on Amazon, for example the decision to waste a whole episode on a fringe char in Stepin when the main chars are underdeveloped, is baffling. Not that the ep was especially bad, it would have been fine in a 10+ ep season. But we only had 8. Simply not enough time to waste it like that.

We can only hope season 2 will be better.

M

member 3289

Up to the final I was optimistic and it was in the "okay" bracket. The finale did it in.
You mean having five untrained female channelers wiping out the entire Trolloc/Fade army in the pass was illogical?

Spoiler alert for others - in the books, it's Rand. Only Rand is capable of that much power.

Because that makes fucking sense.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I thought it was pump
Nobody knows what that means.
You mean having five untrained female channelers wiping out the entire Trolloc/Fade army in the pass was illogical?

Spoiler alert for others - in the books, it's Rand. Only Rand is capable of that much power.

Because that makes fucking sense.
That is one of the things, yeah. But the whole episode was full of stupid shit.

From Lan doing nothing all episode, to
Perrin being forced to play in Mat scenes (with the dagger), to all badly staged poor visual battle scenes with zero military nor magic logic. I reckon none of this was supposed to be that way.
Maybe the only thing that was planned was Moiraine being "stilled". Since that gives the biggest star in the cast an actual reason to be prominent in season two. But I'm pretty sure the blight and the scenes at the eye were a fast scramble as well.

For sure is that they planned a big battle filming with many extras but weren't allowed to get to location due to covid n such. The result is what we got.

M

member 3289

Nobody knows what that means.

That is one of the things, yeah. But the whole episode was full of stupid shit.

From Lan doing nothing all episode, to
Perrin being forced to play in Mat scenes (with the dagger), to all badly staged poor visual battle scenes with zero military nor magic logic. I reckon none of this was supposed to be that way.
Maybe the only thing that was planned was Moiraine being "stilled". Since that gives the biggest star in the cast an actual reason to be prominent in season two. But I'm pretty sure the blight and the scenes at the eye were a fast scramble as well.

For sure is that they planned a big battle filming with many extras but weren't allowed to get to location due to covid n such. The result is what we got.
K @kaladin stormblessed when show writers have Eggy and Elayne kill all the Fades/Trollocs in the Stone of Tear: "Amazing episode!!!!!!"