General The Witcher (Netflix)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
As much as I don't agree with changing skin color to appease the masses, unlike the new star wars movies I didn't get any social warrior vibes from this show at all.

I've not read the books or played the games (though I do have witcher 2 on my 360 but never got around to playing it and I tried to buy witcher 3 two days ago but because of the show it's sold out everywhere I went) and I believe that most of the people who are watching the show are in the same boat.

Changing a few characters skin color, as long as it doesn't negatively affect the source material, in order to make the show more accessible for a wider range of viewers isn't a huge issue for me.
more accessible meaning that people will only watch a show if their "race" is represented? that is something I just can't relate to. It's not like the target audience for Witcher is kids because it has nudity and sex scenes, is there really that large a demographic of older viewers that are basically closet racists? :D

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
As much as I don't agree with changing skin color to appease the masses, unlike the new star wars movies I didn't get any social warrior vibes from this show at all.

I've not read the books or played the games (though I do have witcher 2 on my 360 but never got around to playing it and I tried to buy witcher 3 two days ago but because of the show it's sold out everywhere I went) and I believe that most of the people who are watching the show are in the same boat.

Changing a few characters skin color, as long as it doesn't negatively affect the source material, in order to make the show more accessible for a wider range of viewers isn't a huge issue for me.
Wait
Women and blacks wouldn't watch the show otherwise?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
The hunchback bird's about to get naked.
Times like these I wish I could make my excuse to go out for a cigarette.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Wait for the season finale.

Mages with cleavage.
Fighting against evil.
With all their magic. And cleavage.
I'm not kidding.

I loved it.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Wait for the season finale.

Mages with cleavage.
Fighting against evil.
With all their magic. And cleavage.
I'm not kidding.

I loved it.
Mentioned before but it's been a bit busy. My mother's name was Cintra. She was one of the most posh (but lovely) women ever. She would have been mortified by this. She used to have to turn off pre watershed soap operas when then got a bit sexy.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Oh come on
Dont you GSP her. ;)
No joke, I still have a bottle of Powerade on my night stand unopened from last night because I'm that much of a weakling I couldn't manage to open it. (irony, Powereade) but I'm pretty sure I could put together more than a 60 second ordeal if I had to. Ya know.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
No joke, I still have a bottle of Powerade on my night stand unopened from last night because I'm that much of a weakling I couldn't manage to open it. (irony, Powereade) but I'm pretty sure I could put together more than a 60 second ordeal if I had to. Ya know.
I think...
The irony could be lost on me...
:(

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
POWERade, because its name makes you think it'll make you strong. But if you're too weak to open the lid and drink it, how are you going to be stronger?
Get the fuck outta here.cant open a bottle of pop? I call horseshit

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
POWERade, because its name makes you think it'll make you strong. But if you're too weak to open the lid and drink it, how are you going to be stronger?
Its what I thought initially.... guess I was thinking about a deeper meaning... which means I'm just tired.