General They are talking about killing joe

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

Australia to kill pigeon that crossed Pacific from Oregon
1610647039710.png

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A racing pigeon has survived an extraordinary 13,000-kilometer (8,000-mile) Pacific Ocean crossing from the United States to find a new home in Australia. Now authorities consider the bird a quarantine risk and plan to kill it.

Kevin Celli-Bird said Thursday he discovered the exhausted bird that arrived in his Melbourne backyard on Dec. 26 had disappeared from a race in the U.S. state of Oregon on Oct. 29.

Experts suspect the pigeon that Celli-Bird has named Joe, after the U.S. president-elect, hitched a ride on a cargo ship to cross the Pacific.

Joe’s feat has attracted the attention of the Australian media but also of the notoriously strict Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service.

Celli-Bird said quarantine authorities called him on Thursday to ask him to catch the bird.

“They say if it is from America, then they’re concerned about bird diseases,” he said. “They wanted to know if I could help them out. I said, ’To be honest, I can’t catch it. I can get within 500 mil (millimeters or 20 inches) of it and then it moves.’”

He said quarantine authorities were now considering contracting a professional bird catcher.

The Agriculture Department, which is responsible for biosecurity, said the pigeon was “not permitted to remain in Australia” because it “could compromise Australia’s food security and our wild bird populations.”

“It poses a direct biosecurity risk to Australian bird life and our poultry industry,” a department statement said.

In 2015, the government threatened to euthanize two Yorkshire terriers, Pistol and Boo, after they were smuggled into the country by Hollywood star Johnny Depp and his ex-wife Amber Heard.

Faced with a 50-hour deadline to leave Australia, the dogs made it out in a chartered jet.

Pigeons are an unusual sight in Celli-Bird’s backyard in suburban Officer, where Australian native doves are far more common.

“It rocked up at our place on Boxing Day. I’ve got a fountain in the backyard and it was having a drink and a wash. He was pretty emaciated so I crushed up a dry biscuit and left it out there for him,” Celli-Bird said.

“Next day, he rocked back up at our water feature, so I wandered out to have a look at him because he was fairly weak and he didn’t seem that afraid of me and I saw he had a blue band on his leg. Obviously he belongs to someone, so I managed to catch him,” he added.

Celli-Bird, who says he has no interest in birds “apart from my last name,” said he could no longer catch the pigeon with his bare hands since it had regained its strength.

He said the Oklahoma-based American Racing Pigeon Union had confirmed that Joe was registered to an owner in Montgomery, Alabama.

T

The Big Guy

This bird kicks ass and should be given asylum. The birds from Alabama and he was probably fleeing the incoming administration and now they will name him joe in a sign of disrespect before murdering him

Shame on you Australia

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
All countries have a problem with "imported species" ruining the natural ecosystem

Just look at london for example
you are incorrigible.

London is one of the best, richest, fun and amazing places on the planet because of diversity.

You think your grief pit is better because you only breed amongst yourselves and know each other’s business is better because you’re all white?

if you ever allow them to use your mugshot as your passport picture and you scrape the money together to afford a flight I will show you.

I will find you the best trans club you’ve ever seen. The toilets will blow.....your.....mind and your cock.

I know what you want

T

The Big Guy

you are incorrigible.

London is one of the best, richest, fun and amazing places on the planet because of diversity.

You think your grief pit is better because you only breed amongst yourselves and know each other’s business is better because you’re all white?

if you ever allow them to use your mugshot as your passport picture and you scrape the money together to afford a flight I will show you.

I will find you the best trans club you’ve ever seen. The toilets will blow.....your.....mind and your cock.

I know what you want
Knife crime is rising among your vibrants

Look into Sweden's growing rape numbers and migration year by year. Tell me the pattern you see

T

The Big Guy

Joe lives to fly again!!

A pigeon that was to be put down by authorities in Australia after reportedly crossing the Pacific Ocean has been saved after officials found he was "highly likely" to be a local bird.

Joe the pigeon made headlines around the world after he was found in a garden in Melbourne wearing what appeared to be a US identification.

The bird was to be killed for breaching Australia's quarantine rules.

But he was granted a reprieve amid doubts about the origin of his leg tag.

"Following an investigation, the department has concluded that Joe the Pigeon is highly likely to be Australian and does not present a biosecurity risk," Australia's Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment announced on Friday.

"The department is satisfied that the bird's leg band is a fraudulent copy of a legitimate leg band," the statement said, adding that no further action would be taken against the bird.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Joe lives to fly again!!

A pigeon that was to be put down by authorities in Australia after reportedly crossing the Pacific Ocean has been saved after officials found he was "highly likely" to be a local bird.

Joe the pigeon made headlines around the world after he was found in a garden in Melbourne wearing what appeared to be a US identification.

The bird was to be killed for breaching Australia's quarantine rules.

But he was granted a reprieve amid doubts about the origin of his leg tag.

"Following an investigation, the department has concluded that Joe the Pigeon is highly likely to be Australian and does not present a biosecurity risk," Australia's Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment announced on Friday.

"The department is satisfied that the bird's leg band is a fraudulent copy of a legitimate leg band," the statement said, adding that no further action would be taken against the bird.
So he never flew from US to Australia?

T

The Big Guy

Fuckin reffo scum kick his arse out were full!
Na bro. They just found out its actually a native bird and you guys are behind in the bird research

Quit showing your Australian beltbuckle and identify species before you start murdering shit

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Na bro. They just found out its actually a native bird and you guys are behind in the bird research

Quit showing your Australian beltbuckle and identify species before you start murdering shit
Nah cobber were still farkin full! Straya cunt!