General Things you just bought.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Dry herb vape and extra batteries

View attachment 51651
I got the Davinci Ascent when it first came out. At the time it was the Cadillac of portable vaporizers. It’s amazing how quickly it has become outdated. I can’t event remember the last time I used it, but the hits from it with its ceramic chamber and glass tube were the most pure/clean tasting way to enjoy weed. Enjoy!

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Thinking very seriously about going halves with the missus and spending $US100 each on a Christmas present for ourselves, a good quality star map projector to use in the bedroom to fall asleep under /use in a room for friends operating under certain conditions at parties we host. :smile:

Apparently this model type looks fantastic, and there are shitloads of (expensive) projector discs that you can collect for it.

??
Is that actual sky map, or sci fi stars?
If it's an actual map, that's wonderful

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Is that actual sky map, or sci fi stars?
If it's an actual map, that's wonderful
Actual star map. Although it comes with Northern Hemisphere as default, so I'll have to buy another expensive disc for the southern sky, the pricks.

There's a few discs that look good, actually. They're not animated, but they slowly drift across the ceiling - not all of the disc is viewable at any one time, so the whole thing slowly moves and new stars and galaxies slowly appear at the edge of the projection. ?

You can get the Hubble deep field photo too.

??

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Actual star map. Although it comes with Northern Hemisphere as default, so I'll have to buy another expensive disc for the southern sky, the pricks.

There's a few discs that look good, actually. They're not animated, but they slowly drift across the ceiling - not all of the disc is viewable at any one time, so the whole thing slowly moves and new stars and galaxies slowly appear at the edge of the projection. ?

You can get the Hubble deep field photo too.

??
Get the Deep Fields. I have a large framed poster of Deep Field south, from '99.

The Southern sky is incredible, but unless you travel south those are unfamiliar skies.

Most of the amateur astronomical gems are in the Northern sky anyway. Animated stuff is for the kids. Slewing across your ceiling, it will look amazing.

I'd have happily given away a limb to have had that as a kid instead of trips to the Planetarium.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Get the Deep Fields. I have a large framed poster of Deep Field south, from '99.

The Southern sky is incredible, but unless you travel south those are unfamiliar skies.

Most of the amateur astronomical gems are in the Northern sky anyway. Animated stuff is for the kids. Slewing across your ceiling, it will look amazing.

I'd have happily given away a limb to have had that as a kid instead of trips to the Planetarium.
I live in the South (the real South) my whole life, so those skies aren't unfamiliar to me. :smile:

And yeah, the lady and I don't have kids and don't want them, and we're both a bit, um..... eccentric. :smile: She's steadily filling the house and yard with ferns and all sorts of plants and weird decorations, and cool lighting is my thing. I tell my friends that I want the whole house to look like Rainbow Brite ate way too many magic mushrooms and threw up everywhere. :smile:

We already have a blue cloud projector:

20210516_020223.jpg

Which we often put on the ceiling to sleep under or have on while watching a movie, it's super relaxing just having it drift slowly across the ceiling.

??

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I live in the South (the real South) my whole life, so those skies aren't unfamiliar to me. :smile:

And yeah, the lady and I don't have kids and don't want them, and we're both a bit, um..... eccentric. :smile: She's steadily filling the house and yard with ferns and all sorts of plants and weird decorations, and cool lighting is my thing. I tell my friends that I want the whole house to look like Rainbow Brite ate way too many magic mushrooms and threw up everywhere. :smile:

We already have a blue cloud projector:

View attachment 51689

Which we often put on the ceiling to sleep under or have on while watching a movie, it's super relaxing just having it drift slowly across the ceiling.

??
I'm an amateur astronomer and have only been far enough south to see the Magellanic Clouds twice. ☹
I didn't get to observe SN 1987A at all.

Nice house. Good tea.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
No black Friday deals yet eh?

Since I got myself the Garmin Fenix 6 pro last week I feared I might have been too early. And sure enough, it's a deal right now, but around the same price. So that's fine.

But I did snipe myself an entry-level nas-solution (synology diskstation ds220j) and separately two 12tb nas disks just now to delve into that realm. It makes sense and was overdue.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
@conor mcgregor nut hugger is going to get all horny over this purchase.

Mind you, Makita built in north america have a bit more integrity than those built in the southern hemisphere.

Anyone wager a guess as to what this cost me, compared to what I'd pay back in Canada?
20211126_165856.jpg

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No black Friday deals yet eh?

Since I got myself the Garmin Fenix 6 pro last week I feared I might have been too early. And sure enough, it's a deal right now, but around the same price. So that's fine.

But I did snipe myself an entry-level nas-solution (synology diskstation ds220j) and separately two 12tb nas disks just now to delve into that realm. It makes sense and was overdue.
IdenticalVioletCrow-small.gif

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

+

+
2 x

That is a shopping spree in my standards.
Each to their own. If it brings you joy, I'm on board!
Not much more that i love than spending money on tools!
I have funds tucked aside for exactly this, but with the high cost of tools in NZ I'm biding my time & waiting on deals.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Each to their own. If it brings you joy, I'm on board!
Not much more that i love than spending money on tools!
I have funds tucked aside for exactly this, but with the high cost of tools in NZ I'm biding my time & waiting on deals.
The nas isnt about joy but rather business/organization. The watch already brings me joy/value, yep.

So I checked, my 800€ guess would mean ~1320 NZ dollars or ~1150 Canadian dollars.
Is it more?

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The nas isnt about joy but rather business/organization. The watch already brings me joy/value, yep.

So I checked, my 800€ guess would mean ~1320 NZ dollars or ~1150 Canadian dollars.
Is it more?
The watch looks pretty sharp. I have a small collection of bulovas I somewhat cherish. Something about the intricacies of a timepiece, coupled with the value of being able to hold onto & pass down to my children, really make watches a hot commodity for me.
Canada I could've gotten the saw for $715 & the stand for $175

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
The watch looks pretty sharp. I have a small collection of bulovas I somewhat cherish. Something about the intricacies of a timepiece, coupled with the value of being able to hold onto & pass down to my children, really make watches a hot commodity for me.
Canada I could've gotten the saw for $715 & the stand for $175
I'm not a watch guy usually, and this one is to support my outdoor activities whether it be hiking, running, cycling, swimming, sup etc.
Also has offline maps of all Europe with navigation and an emergency system that I'll hopefully never need.

~900 Canadian bucks sounds like a steal.

M

member 3289

This is my hiking/in case shit knife. A bit gaudy for an EDC but I don't have time to be flipping shit open in case shit happens with a snake/alligator/panther.

Screenshot_20211126-072208_Amazon Shopping.jpg

None of you would survive the Florida woodlands for more than a day. My record is 7 weeks unassisted.

M

member 3289

This is my hiking/in case shit knife. A bit gaudy for an EDC but I don't have time to be flipping shit open in case shit happens with a snake/alligator/panther.

View attachment 53381

None of you would survive the Florida woodlands for more than a day. My record is 7 weeks unassisted.
I texted this to Sheepdog @Former Maycee Barber Fan and he texted back, "that's not a knoif."

Then he sent me a photo of an 11-inch blade and wrote, "THAT'S a knoif."

Idk why he spelled "knife" like that...