General Things you just bought.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
All lizards are lame, but Green Anoles are the lamest lizard.
New Zealand has over a hundred different species of lizards, they are all native, and they are ALL either geckos or skinks. How lame is that? One thing I really miss about Australia is random reptile encounters.

Although NZ does have the tuatara, it isn't even a lizard, it's not a dinosaur either, it's its own separate thing and in person they look cool as hell. You'll never ever see one in the wild, though.

??

M

member 3289

One thing I really miss about Australia is random reptile encounters.
??
The central bearded dragon alone makes Australia one of the best, if not THE best, places for lizards in in the world.

Easily the most common lizard in the pet trade and for obvious reasons. They're super friendly, they almost never bite, and they're easy to care for.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
The central bearded dragon alone makes Australia one of the best, if not THE best, places for lizards in in the world.

Easily the most common lizard in the pet trade and for obvious reasons. They're super friendly, they almost never bite, and they're easy to care for.
Growing up in Sydney, we had one for years that liked to hang on the screen of our back door and bask in the sun. For some reason, he really liked it there. He got to a decent size too. We had to replace the screen mesh a couple of times because his claws tore it up after awhile. But aside from that he never bothered us, and he really added something to the place. We'd just go in and out the door as needed, and he'd just cling on and not move. :smile:

??

M

member 3289

Growing up in Sydney, we had one for years that liked to hang on the screen of our back door and bask in the sun. For some reason, he really liked it there. He got to a decent size too. We had to replace the screen mesh a couple of times because his claws tore it up after awhile. But aside from that he never bothered us, and he really added something to the place. We'd just go in and out the door as needed, and he'd just cling on and not move. :smile:

??
I learned recently that Australia actually bans the export of all native reptiles, but because bearded dragons are already so common in the pet trade and so easily bred in captivity, it doesn't matter at this point. Whoever got the first ones out illegally will never be caught.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
One thing I bought a couple of months ago for literally $3, which is a stupid little gimmick that turned out WAY better than I thought, is a toilet light.

EVERYBODY who visits my place after sundown comments on it. Three friends have bought one "for the kids". It looks surprisingly cool, and it's actually legit useful. My missus gets up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, the motion sensor sees her and turns the light on as soon as she appears in the doorway, and she does her business and comes back to bed while still being half asleep. She doesn't need to turn a bright light on at any point.

So she really likes it because it's useful to her.

I just think it looks cool.

Anyway, highly recommend. You can get them on any big site for pocket change. It even saves battery by not turning on if the light is already above a certain level - in sunlight, it won't turn on. Turn the overhead light on at night, the toilet light instantly shuts off.

??

Last edited:

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I recently got rid of some old clothes and have been buying a lot of new t-shirts. Mental health advocacy and positivity have become much bigger priorities for me over the last few years and many of my selections reflect that. Here are some I’ve purchased lately:
24895FA7-C73E-4B98-A339-2ABD79B9FB6C.jpeg480F681E-2E70-4355-BE64-656215015B12.jpeg36724041-3D46-46C2-B52A-56E11BBF56C3.jpegC947ED52-4978-47CA-A321-2F75C879579A.jpeg32D75CFB-5944-4259-A54B-DC6CB6E819DB.jpeg

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I recently got rid of some old clothes and have been buying a lot of new t-shirts. Mental health advocacy and positivity have become much bigger priorities for me over the last few years and many of my selections reflect that. Here are some I’ve purchased lately:
View attachment 39000View attachment 39001
View attachment 39004View attachment 39005View attachment 39006
Most of my tshirts are nerd shit. References to cartoon /TV shows/movies I like. Usually identifying me as an employee of a fictional evil corporation.

Looking at images of them all lined up like that (and I have a couple of others), I guess I now have to admit to myself that I collect fictional evil corporation's employee T-shirts. :smile:

The Avatar/Star Wars mashup, the Ninja Turtles one and the Vandelay Industries ones generate the most comments from random strangers, for the record.

??

Last edited:

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
On that^

Just picked up tickets for King Crimson and Zappa Plays Zappa, August 28.
Should be lovely.

Will report back as to the purchase, don't know if it'll be great yet.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Concert tickets for 3 shows:
Jeremy Pinnell
Todd Snider
Shakey Graves

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
Finally finished my hours and have my helicopter license.

I splurged a little unbeknownst to my live in girlfriend and bought myself a Sikorsky S-92 VIP

It's a very solid machine.

8/10 happy with the purchase. I recommend to whoever is in the market for a private helicopter

A little steep in price. But whatevs .

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Most of my tshirts are nerd shit. References to cartoon /TV shows/movies I like. Usually identifying me as an employee of a fictional evil corporation.

Looking at images of them all lined up like that (and I have a couple of others), I guess I now have to admit to myself that I collect fictional evil corporation's employee T-shirts. :smile:

The Avatar/Star Wars mashup, the Ninja Turtles one and the Vandelay Industries ones generate the most comments from random strangers, for the record.

??
I want the Weyland one...