General Things you just bought.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Just a bottom-level el cheapo impulse buy from the NZ version of eBay. Charcoal bullet.

View attachment 40005

It cost nothing, so it'll be a good starter. I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's how you start. Was going to season it today, but it's winter and it's hailing. Freezing outside, so I can't be bothered.

One thing that is going to shit me is that it doesn't have any vents at the base to properly control the airflow over the coals. The $400 models do. But, that's something to think about later.

??
Nice.

I've been trying to convince myself to buy a Traeger for the last year or so, lol.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
52 wooden hexes.

Want to make a custom Catan board.

??
If anyone's interested, I bought a set of acrylic paints, so I plan to put a couple of coats on each tile in the appropriate colour. I'll glue two tiles on top of each other to make each tile double-thick, which will allow me to pre-drill holes in the top one first to (hopefully) glue the trees on and set the wheatfield into.

For the resources, I have bought some tabletop miniature stuff. I plan to glue them onto the painted tiles. Never attempted to make anything like this before, so hopefully it'll work. Going to take me at least a year, though. :smile:

Bricks:

Trees (the variant on the left):

Sheep:

Rock will be a simple little quarry shaped out of modelling clay and painted.

Wheat I'm undecided as yet, that will be tough. I am thinking about either buying a cheap doormat and slicing squares out of it to set in the tiles:

Or buying a couple of cheap paintbrushes with wheat coloured bristles:

cutting the bristles off, and tying them in little bundles. But I anticipate problems with gluing them, and I think they'll look out of place with the others. A doormat is likely the way I'll go, anticipating a fidgety pain in the ass with that though.

Slowly assembling all the required parts, hopefully this'll be a good hobby to kill an hour or two every once in awhile. A long term project, I think. Hopefully I'll complete it before I die. :smile:

??

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It is a bit of a fucked up looking finger, that's true. I thought about issuing a disclaimer denying that it's mine, but that's obvious.

??
It's undeniable.
I think once you're honest with everyone here it may make you feel better.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021

For my PC. Now the missus can't complain about the cord from my 15 year old piece of shit gamepad trailing across the living room floor.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
How does it compare to Paco Rabanne 1 million?
Never tried 1 million, just bought this in a clearance sale. I don't mind it, clearly more of a summery scent though, and it's midwinter here. Got a couple of other bottles too, they'll turn up in a day or so. Bit of a lucky dip impulse buy while bored at work, tbh. :smile:

And I got this one as well.

I tend to like the traditional old-school tobacco, leather, wood shavings, grandads-garage type of smell. If the grey flannel is too old man-ey, I'll just gift it to the missus' dad for Christmas or whatever. :smile:

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Bought another Phillips Hue starter kit, since they were half off. That'll do for the bedroom and the rest of the kitchen. Got 7 of these fucking bulbs now. :smile: I do like them though, I change the colours every day.

20210727_155617.jpg

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
* Pair of lefthanded scissors
* Sculpting clay
* 6 rolls of various colour crepe paper as a surprise for the missus
* 4 pairs of pants, 2 jumpers

??