General Thinking about getting a new (used) car

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
First two cars are basically the same car. Kia will probably be a touch "sportier" than the Genesis but same same.

Either way you're going to get a lot of car for the money.

The Lexus will be super reliable. Really quiet. Nice features. And be boring as fuck just like a Camry/Lexus is supposed to be.

I don't like Honda/Acura even though they're good cars. They just feel very cheap to me when I drive them. My girl has one of the fully loaded Civics and it's really good... But dear God does it force me to drive my cars everywhere because of how much I hate the feel of the steering in a Honda.

If you're generally concerned about resale value then you can't go wrong with the Lexus. I love my SUV.

But I'm probably swapping it and my Audi for the new Genesis SUV that's coming out next year.

They're so damn nice. They tend to include more safety features, the leather and seats are every bit as plush... So I say 1 or 3 unless you just find a great price on one of the others.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
First two cars are basically the same car. Kia will probably be a touch "sportier" than the Genesis but same same.

Either way you're going to get a lot of car for the money.

The Lexus will be super reliable. Really quiet. Nice features. And be boring as fuck just like a Camry/Lexus is supposed to be.

I don't like Honda/Acura even though they're good cars. They just feel very cheap to me when I drive them. My girl has one of the fully loaded Civics and it's really good... But dear God does it force me to drive my cars everywhere because of how much I hate the feel of the steering in a Honda.

If you're generally concerned about resale value then you can't go wrong with the Lexus. I love my SUV.

But I'm probably swapping it and my Audi for the new Genesis SUV that's coming out next year.

They're so damn nice. They tend to include more safety features, the leather and seats are every bit as plush... So I say 1 or 3 unless you just find a great price on one of the others.
Are you a fucken librarian? Life exists once. Why get all that boring bullshit you just mentioned? FFS I thought Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken was bad in his lesbo wagon. We are talking used cars here with a good budget. The list is endless but you are recommending he buys the most boring shit of all time.

That the kinda shit you get as a rental car. Fuck that

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Why do you speak English?

Oh yea because a country smaller than Arizona conquered the world....

And then was nice enough to let you have it back, dipshit.
Why do you speak English?

Oh yea because a city conquered the world...

and then was nice enough to let you have it back, dipshit.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Can you provide evidence to the contrary? I've provided evidence showing their reliability.

Also, techs at Hyundai expect to be replacing an engine per week.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Also, techs at Hyundai expect to be replacing an engine per week.
Why are you talking about motors that aren't in any of the vehicles he's looking at?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It's a lot of car for the money, and they are well made. You can't go wrong with it or the Lexus imo. What motor would you get in the G80? Don't be a pussy like my dad, get the 5 liter.
With as much driving as I do, I’ll get a V6 for full efficiency. The 6 cylinder in the Genesis isn’t exactly great on gas (18/26) and the V8 is even worse (15/23).

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lexus.
Or just lose the name plate and get a newer used Camry for the same price.
I bet he could get the Lexus for cheaper than a similar Camry. It's why we went with a GX for my wife instead of a 4runner.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
With as much driving as I do, I’ll get a V6 for full efficiency. The 6 cylinder in the Genesis isn’t exactly great on gas (18/26) and the V8 is even worse (15/23).
That's fair I guess. I wonder what the cost difference would be in fuel per year.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Damn, I get that kind of mileage in my F150 with the ecoboost. 17/18 mixed driving, 22/23 highway.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That's fair I guess. I wonder what the cost difference would be in fuel per year.
If I drive 24k miles per year. At average 25 mpg in the V6, that’s 960 gallons a year. Average 19 mpg in the V8 that’s 1265 gallons a year. At say $2 per gallon, that’s $610 a year ($50 per month) difference.