General Thinking about getting a new (used) car

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

Yeah I’m a Honda guy. My 2017 Accord has 100k miles on it from business driving. No problems with so far. Just regular maintenance and tires. Great for my daughter.

I like the RLX’s a lot. They just don’t really stand out aesthetically and I’ve read some have issues with battery drain due to the Bluetooth module constantly looking for a device. So if I did get one, I would disable that immediately.
Get a civic and do it up fast and furious style

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
I'd go the Lexus.

Here in Australia they're still considered a luxury make and a 2016-2017 model of the one you mentioned would go for around $40,000.

Great cars though. When I strike gold I hope to buy a Lexus like that myself.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Jay Leno over here with all these cars in the garage
?
I seen that cunt on his y2k in Malibu. Fucker sounded like a harrier. My dad had to explain who he was to me, it was at a place called rock stop or something

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
My wife's been driving a 2015 Chevy Traverse since we bought it in 2016, and she wanted a smaller SUV. She recently got a 2017 Lincoln MKX. I was driving a 2017 Honda Accord Sport that I gave to our youngest daughter when she turned 16, so I took the Traverse. It's nice but it has a 100k miles and I worry about the transmission shitting the bed at some point. I would like to get into an entry level luxury sedan because I'm old and fat, and that's what old fat guys drive. My budget is $22,500 because I'm going to be in it for $26k by the time I lose a couple grand on the trade-in, and pay taxes & fees. Here's what I'm looking at...

2016 or 2017 Genesis G80

View attachment 21765

2017 Kia Cadenza Limited

View attachment 21762

2016 or 2017 Lexus E350 Premium

View attachment 21763

2016 or 2017 Acura RLX Advance

View attachment 21764

They're all going to have around 45k miles and similar options that I'm looking for: blind spot monitor, automatic emergency braking, lane keep assist, heated and ventilated front seats, leather, sunroof.

Which one would you choose and why?
My friend has a Lexus. It's quiet but she can't even work the radio. My Lincoln MKZ is a more comfortable ride, handles better, and better gas mileage.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My friend has a Lexus. It's quiet but she can't even work the radio. My Lincoln MKZ is a more comfortable ride, handles better, and better gas mileage.
Thanks for the info. I have looked at the MKZ's and do like the look. Only issue I have with them is the lack of safety features (collision alert or auto braking, and lane keep assist). Thoughts?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Thanks for the info. I have looked at the MKZ's and do like the look. Only issue I have with them is the lack of safety features (collision alert or auto braking, and lane keep assist). Thoughts?

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I don't need any of that. I am a good driver. The best driver.

Knock on wood

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I took my RX in for it's 120k mile service (they grow up so fast) and they set me up in a 2020 NXsomething. Of course they had all of the bells and whistles turned on and I have never felt so old in my life. I got about 5 miles up the road and was about to rip the damn steering wheel off because of how sensitive they had everything adjusted. I couldn't set the cruise like I wanted, I couldn't do anything. I almost drove back to the dealership and told them to get fucked.

It was sooooo annoying.

I pulled over and turned some shit down, turned some things off, adjusted some things and it was great after that. But holy crap did I suddenly hate Lexus and safety. Made me want to drive my grandpa's old C100 that didn't even have the shoulder belt.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I took my RX in for it's 120k mile service (they grow up so fast) and they set me up in a 2020 NXsomething. Of course they had all of the bells and whistles turned on and I have never felt so old in my life. I got about 5 miles up the road and was about to rip the damn steering wheel off because of how sensitive they had everything adjusted. I couldn't set the cruise like I wanted, I couldn't do anything. I almost drove back to the dealership and told them to get fucked.

It was sooooo annoying.

I pulled over and turned some shit down, turned some things off, adjusted some things and it was great after that. But holy crap did I suddenly hate Lexus and safety. Made me want to drive my grandpa's old C100 that didn't even have the shoulder belt.
Lane departure get annoying?
I love the radar cruise control in my truck.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Lane departure get annoying?
I love the radar cruise control in my truck.
Radar cruise would have been fine. They have a setting where it sets the cruise based on the reported speed limit. So I'm setting it 19 over on 64 and that mofo slams on the brakes to take me down to 60mph where I will get ran over and then stabbed. Once I set the proximity things down so that I wasn't forced to trail a car by 3 miles and adjusted it so that it didn't automatically slam on the brakes when a car 100 yards in front of me got into my lane it was all good.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Radar cruise would have been fine. They have a setting where it sets the cruise based on the reported speed limit. So I'm setting it 19 over on 64 and that mofo slams on the brakes to take me down to 60mph where I will get ran over and then stabbed. Once I set the proximity things down so that I wasn't forced to trail a car by 3 miles and adjusted it so that it didn't automatically slam on the brakes when a car 100 yards in front of me got into my lane it was all good.
Damn, I'm glad mine isn't that fancy. Just an FYI those 3 lines for following distance are seconds. 1 bar, you follow ~1 second behind, 2 bars you follow ~2 seconds, etc.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

It was sooooo annoying.

I need all of that safety shit so I can watch Hulu and YouTube on my way to Jonesboro 2-3 times a month.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Update: after having it listed for 2+ months, we finally sold the Traverse and broke even on it. Wife wants me to get rid of my 2005 Dodge Ram as well so we have “more room in the driveway”. So I’m going to list that online when we get back from vacation next week. I didn’t want to get a new truck because they’re expensive as shit for anything less than 100k miles, and I do quite of driving for work. But I needed something with a hitch. I’ll get a 5 x 8 trailer after I sell the truck, in case I need to haul anything.

Ended up getting this today.

8FCC64DF-A7FC-42EC-B313-881B5FF41619.jpeg

2017 with 45k miles.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Update: after having it listed for 2+ months, we finally sold the Traverse and broke even on it. Wife wants me to get rid of my 2005 Dodge Ram as well so we have “more room in the driveway”. So I’m going to list that online when we get back from vacation next week. I didn’t want to get a new truck because they’re expensive as shit for anything less than 100k miles, and I do quite of driving for work. But I needed something with a hitch. I’ll get a 5 x 8 trailer after I sell the truck, in case I need to haul anything.

Ended up getting this today.

View attachment 31340

2017 with 45k miles.
Looks nice

can you still shoot hoops? love that you have a lil spot with a rim

I used to be good but I took 12 years off and can't shoot anymore lol, zero touch now...construction hands only now or something