General This guy served in DEVGRU & Delta Force.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
double dose of the apex badassery

but he went from Seal Team6 to Delta, shows who is really the top. cuz I heard there's none that Delta goes to Seals

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Who is it?
MSG Kevin Holland is the only publicly known operator who served in DEVGRU (SEAL Team 6) and Delta Force (1st SFOD-D). Long-story-short, yes; an individual can serve in MULTIPLE Special Mission Units (i.e., RRC, TFO, 24th STS, NSWDG, and 1st SFOD-D). However, it isn’t very certain.

MSG Kevin Holland is a former BOTH member of the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (SEAL Team Six) 6 and the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (Delta Force). He was originally a DEVGRU operator who turned Army and passed SFQC (Special Forces Qualification Course) and made his way to serve in the elite counter-terrorism unit, Delta Force. 3
His BUD/S class started with 80 people, and in July of 1989, there were 8 students left at graduation. The entire class was assigned to SEAL Team 8. After that, Holland drove to Fort Benning, Georgia, to US Army Airborne School. He was the youngest in the class of 300. Upon graduation, he reported to SEAL Team 8, located in Little Creek, Virginia.

The U.S. SEAL Team 8 and DEVGRU

In 1990 he was deployed to Northern Iraq during Operation Desert Storm. Holland was tasked with deep reconnaissance and sniper missions. Upon completing the deployment, he was awarded the Navy Achievement Medal and was sent to Sniper School.

He completed Naval Special Warfare Sniper School at Atterbury, Indiana as an honor graduate and received the top shooter award.

1659264449747.png

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
From 1995 to 2001, he was in the private sector working with his dad, and then 9/11 happened, and all that changed. Holland immediately called his old command and spoke with some people there about coming back to help out. He had a friend there that was with the US Army Special Operations in Somalia in 1993. He told him that the organization was already in the Middle East, and if he were him, he would go try out for that unit. He contacted them and went and tried out.

He attended selection with 116 other candidates, and one month later, 16 of them remained. Holland was then assigned to Fort Bragg and the US Army Special Operations Command in 2002.

1659264563447.png

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
He completed the 8 month Special Forces Qualification Course (Q Course) in 2005 and earned his Special Forces Tab and Green Beret.

He deployed 20 times to the Middle East, conducting over 2000 combat missions. He was wounded with shrapnel in 2004 when an IED exploded behind his vehicle, killing one of his team members.

After completing A&S/OTC, MSG, Holland served as an assaulter with 1st SFOD-D 1 for roughly 10 years, retiring in 2013. Most men who make it to an SMU will stick with said-SMU for the majority of their careers.

In March 2011, Holland was shot during the mission.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Wounded in combat
In March 2011, he was unlucky. During the mission, they were watching a patrol of foreign fighters. All were well armed and on a mission. They took a house from a villager, and that’s when they were launched. Holland’s team mission was to eliminate two individuals that had walked out into a palm grove behind the house. As they came in on helicopters, the individuals started shooting at them, so they returned fire with a grenade launcher wounding one of them.

The other one ran deeper into the palm grove. The team landed and eliminated the wounded individual that was still shooting at them and pursued the other. Holland was directed to the insurgents’ location. When he rounded the corner of the villagers’ house, the insurgent opened fire with a belt-fed PKM machine gun from 20 yards hitting him in the chest just above his armor plate+, immediately paralyzing his left arm. Another round glanced off the weapon magazines on his chest, and another shot his radio in half, which was on his side.

Holland dove into an irrigation ditch as the individual kept firing his 200 round belt of ammunition at him, hitting the pack he was wearing multiple times. He then started firing at Holland’s team, and when he realized he wasn’t being shot at anymore, he raised above the water, laying his weapon on its side on the mound of dirt in front of the ditch started shooting at the insurgent’s muzzle blast. Insurgent then came running at Holland as he was shooting at him. Insurgent was shot in the foot, and that’s why he fell nearly on top of Holland and hobbled out of the gate where he was captured.

After about 10 minutes, Holland got out of that ditch, found his team, got patched up, walked out to the helicopter, and flew to the nearest base.

MSG Kevin Holland spent the whole time at rehabilitation until he retired from active military service in 2013. The doctors told him they do not have a lot of data on his wound because not a lot of people survive being shot through the chest where he was shot, so they don’t know a whole lot about how long it will take the nerves to come back if they come back.

Among over 30 awards are seven Bronze Stars, two awarded for valor in combat, and two Purple Hearts.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
bmf

there is a current guy that was a seal, then a medical doctor, and now a NASA astronaut
Dude in the OP still more bad ass he was in seal team six and delta like being on two all star teams. johnny Kim was only in seal team 3

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I think ISA a.k.a the activity is supposed to be up there with delta force.

This dude needs to leave some pussy for the rest of is tho.
yup for sure but they're more oriented towards intelligence.
Delta and ST6 focuses heavily on direct action, like most of the kicking down doors and killing bad guys.

many of these guys (even just a regular Seals or GreenBerets) cross over to CIA as contractors, very common

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
double dose of the apex badassery

but he went from Seal Team6 to Delta, shows who is really the top. cuz I heard there's none that Delta goes to Seals
Is that why they sent Delta to get Bin Laden?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Is that why they sent Delta to get Bin Laden?
"The Red Squadron within U.S. Navy SEAL Team Six was chosen for the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound because it had just returned to the United States from a deployment in Afghanistan."-google

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
"The Red Squadron within U.S. Navy SEAL Team Six was chosen for the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound because it had just returned to the United States from a deployment in Afghanistan."-google
Ah, so they needed to have a nap.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What's that Chris Pratt show? I liked that.

I remember in Afghanistan one day a sf dude walked into our compound, he wasn't in uniform, he told our warrant to gather everyone up. Then he asked who took pictures of them when they were taking off. Everyone is silent. He said whoever did it, delete it and if they ever do it again it won't be good for us.

That was to my my whole fucken sqn, it was a warning. I know who did it, I found out afterwards, officers didn't know, we were gonna beat him for being stupid, but we weren't supposed to have phones, let alone take pictures, so beating him would've made it obviously him