General This or That

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
He's had quite a few duds as of late but damn he had some bangers back in the day.

the Dark Tower series and Pet Cemetery a few of my favorite's of his.
I remember reading Salem's Lot in 2 days.
Christine was another favorite.
It. The Stand.

I read one of his more recent ones - 11/22/63. That was pretty good. About a dude trying to go back in time to stop the JFK assassination.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I remember reading Salem's Lot in 2 days.
Christine was another favorite.
It. The Stand.

I read one of his more recent ones - 11/22/63. That was pretty good. About a dude trying to go back in time to stop the JFK assassination.
i tried the outsiders just couldn't get into it.

Salem's Lot and the Stand are on my list I just haven't gotten to yet.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Lord of the Rings.

I recently watched the Extended Cuts of all 3 and they are incredible.
I think it’s the first time I’ve watched them since seeing them in the theater (high AF).
I started reading the books but The Fellowship of The Ring was long and arduous, much like the journey. I couldn’t do it.
Star Wars is good but The LOTR series is better.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Letterkenny Fuckin’ sucks. I watched the first season and that’s about all I could take. If I ever see Squirrelly Dan, I’ll front kick him in the sternum and finish him off with soccer kicks and stomps.
of course you'll run your mouth at loveable Dan. But don't sleep on him.

you'll never be ready for the Wayne...you're Single-Ply.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8xILAlaoU8

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Alright nerds. You only get one and all of the things that come with it and it's as if the other never existed. View attachment 74503 or View attachment 74504
This is a tough one. I’ve outgrown my love for Star Wars but I have a nostalgic connection to it. I’d prefer to watch any of the Hobbit/LOTR movies than any of the Star Wars movies at the moment, but I would ultimately eliminate LOTR. I can’t give up the memory of my Dad taking me to a late showing of Return of the Jedi on a school night.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Lord of the Rings.

I recently watched the Extended Cuts of all 3 and they are incredible.
I think it’s the first time I’ve watched them since seeing them in the theater (high AF).
I started reading the books but The Fellowship of The Ring was long and arduous, much like the journey. I couldn’t do it.
Star Wars is good but The LOTR series is better.
The Hobbit is by far the best book.
The rest are work to get through

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
This is a tough one. I’ve outgrown my love for Star Wars but I have a nostalgic connection to it. I’d prefer to watch any of the Hobbit/LOTR movies than any of the Star Wars movies at the moment, but I would ultimately eliminate LOTR. I can’t give up the memory of my Dad taking me to a late showing of Return of the Jedi on a school night.
I very much feel this way. I think as it stands. LOTR has the better legacy. But I have so much nostalgic love for Star Wars.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I think I read The Hobbit in 2 days. Fast paced and captivating but I just couldn’t get into The Fellowship.
I pushed through. Glad I read them. Can’t see ever going back. The return of the king was the worst. By far the coolest story wise. But soooooo damn long and drawn out.

it seems almost impossible to me the same guy who wrote the Hobbit also wrote the other 3