Thoughts on Joe Schilling KO'ing a random dude

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I trained with joe schilling and mark komuro for a bit at the yard in DTLA they are very nice people. not even in that fake sales man nice either like gracies I hadn't even paid to train there and they were still very nice.

joe looked a bit drunk tho and probably has cte looked agressive.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
That is no excuse imo.
definitely isn't. nobody was excusing anything I was just giving a reason why he would have acted that way. people react without thinking when they drink. your frontal cortex which makes all the decisions is messed up with the booze and CTE also messes up that part of the brain.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Neither is innocent, neither owns all the blame. The other guy dug his own grave but Joe should have been the bigger man. Even if he felt justified when the guy stepped up, Joe had a hundred better options.

I prefer the way Ryan Hall and Bisping handled these situations:

View: https://youtu.be/2COQCXHzALY

1A4B904F-F7C9-4230-9363-2C798FADD105.jpeg

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
what a nasty instinct to carry around. zero threat posed; he did bump into the guy, guy says one thing and it's 'bang'

bang out of order

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Unnecessary escalation
Even this framing is off because he initiates, not just escalates. Look at it from the drunk douchebag's perspective - he doesn't mean to back into Schilling, so he just feels someone shove him from behind, reacts and then is basically sucker punched immediately before he can even process what's happening.

I don't know when (borderline) sucker punching became socially acceptable. You don't have to let your opponent in a fight throw the first punch, but you do have to give them the opportunity to know they're actually in a fight. Otherwise it's just assault, plain and simple.

M

member 3289

Even this framing is off because he initiates, not just escalates. Look at it from the drunk douchebag's perspective - he doesn't mean to back into Schilling, so he just feels someone shove him from behind, reacts and then is basically sucker punched immediately before he can even process what's happening.

I don't know when (borderline) sucker punching became socially acceptable. You don't have to let your opponent in a fight throw the first punch, but you do have to give them the opportunity to know they're actually in a fight. Otherwise it's just assault, plain and simple.
Protect yourself at all times.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Neither is innocent, neither owns all the blame. The other guy dug his own grave but Joe should have been the bigger man. Even if he felt justified when the guy stepped up, Joe had a hundred better options.

I prefer the way Ryan Hall and Bisping handled these situations:

View: https://youtu.be/2COQCXHzALY

View attachment 40046
If you think someone has 'dug their own grave' by accidentally bumping into someone then you might have several screws loose.

You seem to also not understand the concept of 'being the bigger man'. That refers to a situation where someone is actively trying to fight you and you walk off, it does not refer to not assaulting someone who accidentally bumped into you and never deliberately laid a hand on you. That's just called 'not committing assault'.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
If you think someone has 'dug their own grave' by accidentally bumping into someone then you might have several screws loose.

You seem to also not understand the concept of 'being the bigger man'. That refers to a situation where someone is actively trying to fight you and you walk off, it does not refer to not assaulting someone who accidentally bumped into you and never deliberately laid a hand on you. That's just called 'not committing assault'.
First of all, I definitely have some screws loose, so fair point there. Really though, I definitely feel Joe was in the wrong but I was referring to the guy flinching at him when Joe first turned around. Not that he deserved to get hit, but there is no denying that was a catalyst. As far as “being the bigger man,” you are correct. I should have phrased that as “taking the high road.”

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
both assholes, but joe is 500% more asshole, and will pay for it in court

shoulda listened to his rap like this:

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Run up and get done up.. Dude could've had a knife or anything.. I was stabbed in a bar not even fighting just in the way of a drunk idiot like in this video..Joe will have to deal with the repercussions but you never and I repeat never swell up and lunge at a man unless you're ready to actually fight...

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
The dude who got hit should have just taken the free shot of Proper 12 when it was offered. The precedent has already been set on this point - decline the shot, you gonna get got. When are people going to learn?