THOUSANDS OF POT PLANTS ‘ACCIDENTALLY’ PLANTED ON CITY CENTER FLOWERBEDS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

The streets of the Kazakhstan capital Astana City may not be paved with gold, but their flowerbeds are planted with marijuana.

On Auezov Street, the city’s main thoroughfare, the smell of cannabis plants alerted authorities to “thousands” of marijuana plants flourishing at the side of the road. Local resident Mihail Malorod was one of the first who noticed the plants.

‘I was walking down the street when I saw these cute plants at the junction of Auezova Street and Dzhangeldina Street,’ he said.

‘What a nice little flowerbed, I thought.’

But not everyone is happy about weed growing on the city’s highways.

The city council has launched an investigation into who planted the cannabis? Was it an accident? Or an act of “guerilla gardening”?

For years, Kazakhstan’s government has been “working in vain” to destroy crops of cannabis that grow wild across the country.

Kazakhstan’s Chu Valley is twice the size of France and is riddled with cannabis plants. However, although consumption and dealing marijuana is illegal, the ready availability of the plant makes it impossible to police effectively.

To counter the problem, last year politician Dariga Nazarbayeva suggested turning over swathes of cannabis covered land to pharmaceutical companies to cultivate for profit.

Or, perhaps why not use this freely available plant as a lure for weed aficionados to holiday in the country?

Meantime, the gardening company hired by the council to plant flowers have started their own internal investigation into what happened claiming they will “weed out” all the cannabis plants.

In 2003, writer/presenter Simon Reeve discovered how easily marijuana grows in Kazakhstan when he traveled across the country for his TV series Meet the Stans.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That's great. In the late 90's I went to my city's police station and planted 3 starters at night in the flower bed in front of their signage.
They stayed up for a few days.
People walking by must've known, but thought it was a trick.
good times.
This is next level though, maybe 5 levels up...

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I want to accidentally have all those planted in my yard "ossifer I swear I don't know where these came from!"

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
How much cost for all those seeds that will probably all be for nothing though?????

Side random story-I rented out my first house and my tennant got arrested for growing marijuana plants. He said he had over 100 plants, he thinks 109, but the cops had only confiscated 92 of them.

Allen Tx police.....

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
How much cost for all those seeds that will probably all be for nothing though?????

Side random story-I rented out my first house and my tennant got arrested for growing marijuana plants. He said he had over 100 plants, he thinks 109, but the cops had only confiscated 92 of them.

Allen Tx police.....
It grows wild there so probably next to nothing.