Three man comms team at UFC 208 - post Goldie

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
New broadcast team set for UFC 208 following departure of Mike Goldberg

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) continues its makeover for 2017, shaking up the broadcast booth previously consisting of color commentator Joe Rogan and longtime play-by-play man Mike Goldberg.

Rogan stays (for now) and “Goldie” goes.

That means the world’s largest mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion will switch over to a three-man team for the upcoming UFC 208: “Holm vs. De Randamie” pay-per-view (PPV) event, scheduled for this Saturday night (Feb. 11, 2017) inside Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Joining Rogan this weekend in “The Empire State” will be UFC on FOX play-by-play man Jon Anik, as well as reigning light heavyweight champion and UFC on FOX analyst Daniel Cormier.

Ariel Helwani revealed the trio on Twitter.

UFC 208 will be headlined by Holly Holm and Germaine De Randamie, as they collide for the women’s inaugural featherweight championship. In the UFC 208 co-headliner, former middleweight champion Anderson Silva tries to get back into the win column against rugged 185-pound contender Derek Brunson.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I don't know whether it will be good or bad but..............I do know, that's not a main event

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
New broadcast team set for UFC 208 following departure of Mike Goldberg
by Jesse Holland Feb 7, 2017, 9:27am EST TWEET

Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) continues its makeover for 2017, shaking up the broadcast booth previously consisting of color commentator Joe Rogan and longtime play-by-play man Mike Goldberg.

Rogan stays (for now) and “Goldie” goes.

That means the world’s largest mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion will switch over to a three-man team for the upcoming UFC 208: “Holm vs. De Randamie” pay-per-view (PPV) event, scheduled for this Saturday night (Feb. 11, 2017) inside Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

More on that fight card here.

Joining Rogan this weekend in “The Empire State” will be UFC on FOX play-by-play man Jon Anik, as well as reigning light heavyweight champion and UFC on FOX analyst Daniel Cormier.

Ariel Helwani revealed the trio on Twitter.

UFC 208 will be headlined by Holly Holm and Germaine De Randamie, as they collide for the women’s inaugural featherweight championship. In the UFC 208 co-headliner, former middleweight champion Anderson Silva tries to get back into the win column against rugged 185-pound contender Derek Brunson.
Impressive that some TMMACers predicted this exact tRio a week or 2 ago

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
They may as well let Brendan Schaub, Fran Drescher, a vacuum cleaner and a group of pigs being eaten by Hyenas commentate that card for all anyone gives a shit.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
They may as well let Brendan Schaub, Fran Drescher, a vacuum cleaner and a group of pigs being eaten by Hyenas commentate that card for all anyone gives a shit.
Ruthless!!! But there's not a commentator alive, except maybe a nude Kate Upton, that could make this card exciting

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
You must not remember Russian Joe Rogan.

On one of the cards last year, I hward him say (as the two dudes were on opposite sides of cage before rond 1) "so and so is in tremendous shape...*camera changes to out of shape dude*... and so and so,not so much. Let's see what happens here"

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
It feels weird to me that active fighters commentate fights. I feel like those jobs should be reserved for retired fighters who can no longer earn. Dominic, DC, Stann, Ken Flo, Woodley and Bisping have all been great but it just doesn't feel right.

It's made me queasy since Mir lost his commentating job due to something he said related to actually fighting, which while dumb, was kind of part and parcel of being a fighter. Also, retired fighters could use the extra cash more.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Ugh...I hate it when DC calls fights. Stan is way better.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I just cannot bring myself to like Anik. I dont know if its his tone or what, but listening to him is like watching paint dry. I do think Cormier is awesome though.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I just cannot bring myself to like Anik. I dont know if its his tone or what, but listening to him is like watching paint dry. I do think Cormier is awesome though.
Rogan likes him....or says he does.....point is, maybe this will help with chemistry and give us something good to listen to?

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
im sure they are trying to see which fits better with Rogan. Then back to 2

C

Ceiling Fan

He's grown on me the past year or so. I think what really changed my opinion of him from blah to eh alright is his surprisingly vast knowledge and love for the sport. It's not like Sean Grande over in Bellator who god bless him he's trying but he has no intention of learning the sport.

When Anik and Kenny were together, sometimes it would be tough to tell them apart (but not really), but I'm ok with Anik/Stann as a team. As far as color guys go, I order it:

Drunk Mike Tyson, Rogan, Stann, Miletich, Hardy, Jimmy Smith, Bas these days, Chael tried too hard, and Braces Frank Shamrock.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Militech Pat...Rogan Joe...Smith Jim...Rooten Bas...Quads Steve...Meer Frank...Ronello Muro.
Those are the best there have ever been.
Should be a combo of them or GTFO you fucked up

Stan and annick are super minor league....stiff, awkward, and too much of a company man to call out things the UFC wouldn't want them to.

That said STann did move up in my book last event...He was speaking out about something that he normally wouldn't have...I think it was the guy who blew his knee, stann was pissed at corner...also said cowboy should not have come back out for 2nd

He is improving, I would say...but very wooden