Thug Rose, Karate Hottie

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What's next for these two? Still dont think Rose is ready for Joanna. Where does Karate Hottie drop down to? Who should these two fight next?

F*K Censorship

get what you can, then take the rest
Oct 27, 2015
I dont think Hottie has many fights left and Rose is probably a fight with Claudia away from a shot.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
What makes you think Michelle doesnt have many fights left?
I think the UFC would have pushed her hard if she'd won but that didn't happen. There's no way she's beating Joanna, she just lost to a skilled but pretty green girl and she is undersized for the division. Now, at 31 with a record of 14-5, I don't think she has another title run left in her.

Her husband has worked two jobs to support her career (while giving up what may have been a decent boxing career for himself) and now that's kind of up in the air.Does she keep taking damage and risk her health for not a lot of cash or look at other options?

In my opinion 105 was a better fit for her. I love Michelle and it would be great to see her keep fighting but don't want to see more nights like tonight.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think the UFC would have pushed her hard if she'd won but that didn't happen. There's no way she's beating Joanna, she just lost to a skilled but pretty green girl and she is undersized for the division. Now, at 31 with a record of 14-5, I don't think she has another title run left in her.

Her husband has worked two jobs to support her career (while giving up what may have been a decent boxing career for himself) and now that's kind of up in the air.Does she keep taking damage and risk her health for not a lot of cash or look at other options?

In my opinion 105 was a better fit for her. I love Michelle and it would be great to see her keep fighting but don't want to see more nights like tonight.
Interesting and really good take. Hope whatever the future holds works out for her.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I worry they are going to give rose to karolina again and personally I think rose needs another fight before that rematch

I would like to see rose matchup with Randa Markos
I'd like to see Michelle matchup with Carla esparza

This would leave Claudia Gadelha and karolina to matchup

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
What's next for these two? Still dont think Rose is ready for Joanna. Where does Karate Hottie drop down to? Who should these two fight next?
Waterson can drop down on me any day.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I would like to see rose matchup with Randa Markos
I'd like to see Michelle matchup with Carla esparza
I think Carla would be a terrible fight for Michelle.

For Michelle, she needs to either be given Bec Rawlings so she can win (and if she loses, retire), or fight Felice Herrig, who imo is looking great and can look to "trade places" with Waterson the way Waterson wanted to with PVZ. If Waterson can't beat Herrig, Herrig is the one who should get the next big push.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Rose vs Felice Herrig would be a good next fight to keep Rose in contention. Karolina vs. Gadelha should also probably happen and I could see the winner of Rose/Herrig facing Gadelha/Karolina winner for the belt if Joanna retires like she's been promising.

Michelle vs Tecia I think is a good fight to make.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Rose vs Felice Herrig would be a good next fight to keep Rose in contention. Karolina vs. Gadelha should also probably happen and I could see the winner of Rose/Herrig facing Gadelha/Karolina winner for the belt if Joanna retires like she's been promising.

Michelle vs Tecia I think is a good fight to make.
If Herrig beats Rose, you knock off someone just about ready for a title shot without replacing her. Not a good fight to make. Rose needs either a title eliminator or a straight title shot at this point, imo. Honestly who else is there?

Maybe do Rose vs. Markos, I dunno. Markos' record is a bit spotty, but back-to-back wins over Carla Esparza and Thug Rose might be enough to justify a title shot. Meanwhile Gadelha and Kowalkiewicz aren't getting rematches anytime soon, Torres has been on the shelf for ages, Calderwood's coming off a loss, and now so is Waterson. That doesn't leave too many other options.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
If Herrig beats Rose, you knock off someone just about ready for a title shot without replacing her. Not a good fight to make. Rose needs either a title eliminator or a straight title shot at this point, imo. Honestly who else is there?

Maybe do Rose vs. Markos, I dunno. Markos' record is a bit spotty, but back-to-back wins over Carla Esparza and Thug Rose might be enough to justify a title shot. Meanwhile Gadelha and Kowalkiewicz aren't getting rematches anytime soon, Torres has been on the shelf for ages, Calderwood's coming off a loss, and now so is Waterson. That doesn't leave too many other options.
Yeah the scenario I mentioned only makes sense if Joanna is retiring.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016

For Michelle, she needs to either be given Bec Rawlings so she can win (and if she loses, retire), or fight Felice Herrig, who imo is looking great and can look to "trade places" with Waterson the way Waterson wanted to with PVZ. If Waterson can't beat Herrig, Herrig is the one who should get the next big push.
Felice is a great suggestion!
I was more trying to think of somebody they could still use to keep hyping Waterson up.
If she were to win, being able to sell her even more as beating the 1st champ

You are right though, it's a really tough matchup

Bec would get destroyed and not a matchup I'd want to see, I don't think bec should even be in the UFC anymore

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
How weird is it that JAG is even on the list? Has she even fought since she lost her debut to Claudia?
Thin divisions force them to give everyone rankings and in turn force them into title shots sooner than they should.

It's the same reason Mighty Mouse will never be the GOAT.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Like the Herrig fight for Michelle.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Karolina is already scheduled to fight Claudia at 212 for anyone mentioning those two.
If Joanna retains against Andrade, the winner of KK vs. Gadelha still isn't gonna get a direct title shot (unless Ari Emanuel decides to randomly fuck with the division again). And yes I consulted the UFC rankings to make sure I didn't forget anyone, but didn't see much point in going past #8. Right after that, Esparza's a long way off from a title rematch. Moroz's career signature win over Calderwood seems a long way back at this point. She followed that up with a loss to Letourneau, then had great difficulty in decisions over two fighters in the bottom quarter of the division. And yes I'm aware Moroz and Esparza are scheduled to fight each other, which seems like a fairly logical match up.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I dunno I could easily see Rose submit her..she might be good enough to be able to get past the jab...definitely think she's too green though

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
Rose should get the next shot at the belt. Her loss to Karolina was very close and her win over Michelle was impressive.

Michelle should stay right where she is. She put up an impressive performance and just got caught by a on point kick. I could see her coming back quickly against someone like Torres or Calderwood.