General Ticketmaster to require covid tests or vacc for concerts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
the APP they will use is on some big brother shit.
many years ago I worked with a guy who patented a way to uniquely "anonymize" data over time. Whenever you move X distance or Y time elapsed it would issue your data a new psuedorandom code.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I agree it is a slippery slope we are giving medical information to ticket companies now that is not cool at all.
i just watched The Social Dilemma, and I think/hope the present circumstances are going to make people demand a "Right To Privacy".

I think it's what the Constitution intended with the 3rd Amendment, but until people demand that the 4A extend to all aspects of their private life, including places where they intend anonymity, business/gov't are going to keep doing what they're doing.

Last edited:

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Imagine what this will do to lines? Now instead of just checking purses and doing pat downs, they will need to take temps and confirm documentation of vaccination or negative test results? Normally I try to chug a couple beers in the lines to get in, but now I'll have time to sip a case down.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Imagine what this will do to lines? Now instead of just checking purses and doing pat downs, they will need to take temps and confirm documentation of vaccination or negative test results? Normally I try to chug a couple beers in the lines to get in, but now I'll have time to sip a case down.
temperature/biometric scans will probably be done with cameras, with 'hot' people pulled out of line for personal evaluation.
Same thing with your test results - it's stored on your phone and acts as an 'open key' on your ticket.

so...back to the flask...

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Ticketmaster finally does something right
They are the worst company....I remember when Pearl Jam stopped holding events at locations controlled by Ticketmaster....

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
temperature/biometric scans will probably be done with cameras, with 'hot' people pulled out of line for personal evaluation.
Same thing with your test results - it's stored on your phone and acts as an 'open key' on your ticket.

so...back to the flask...
that is some dystopian future shit with the thermal scans we are headed to a running man type future.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
that is some dystopian future shit with the thermal scans we are headed to a running man type future.
meh?

everybody wants the benefits of everyone knowing their information, but no one wants anyone to have access to any of their information.

it's always been an information security issue.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I agree.
how much of that do you think is centrally planned vs opportunistic vs just everybody acting in their own interest? is it exclusively one of those things, or are they all equal contributors, or ...?

I think that the majority of it is centrally planned, but the local authorities get to add their own flavor to it as required, as long as they don't deviate from the guidelines.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I think that the majority of it is centrally planned, but the local authorities get to add their own flavor to it as required, as long as they don't deviate from the guidelines.
how many people do you figure are involved in planning, managing, and executing the Central Plan?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
nah, bro. There's dead weight in every org.
If you don't know who's dead weight, it's you. And you have a jet boat, so I know you know who's dead weight.
Jet boat owners and RV owners are the cream of the crop. Only dead weight we haul is what we hunted and killed.