General Tiger King on Netflix

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
this shit is fucked
wish I never saw it

Yooooooooo I've been to the Big Cat Rescue as part of a production scout for a film project that woman Carole wanted to do about herself in 2016. They have that Tampa location, and another smaller (and extremely shit hole fuckin nasty ass redneck) location by Mount Dora. I felt like that whole place was a trophy hunting style place (I HATED the vibe, and the people there were fuckin odd). I looked into who Carole Baskin was, and it's been rumored for years around Florida that she killed her husband and fed him to the tigers (from other animal rescue groups, down to the ASPCA).... I never met her personally, but from what was disclosed about her, she for certain killed her ex husband
it is pretty shady shit
all of em

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
Yooooooooo I've been to the Big Cat Rescue as part of a production scout for a film project that woman Carole wanted to do about herself in 2016. They have that Tampa location, and another smaller (and extremely shit hole fuckin nasty ass redneck) location by Mount Dora. I felt like that whole place was a trophy hunting style place (I HATED the vibe, and the people there were fuckin odd). I looked into who Carole Baskin was, and it's been rumored for years around Florida that she killed her husband and fed him to the tigers (from other animal rescue groups, down to the ASPCA).... I never met her personally, but from what was disclosed about her, she for certain killed her ex husband
what colour is your tshirt?

*this joke might be funny only if you watched the documentary

M

member 603

this shit is fucked
wish I never saw it

it is pretty shady shit
all of em
Dude my mind is blown, I thought that this case was so bizarre that it needed a show like this, I put it on my list, now I gotta start watching it. The fact that her people reached out to multiple Orlando area production companies, finally getting a hold of my buddy (who has been a director, producer, a first and second unit AD, and is a film production professor at Full Sail University), to do a fluff piece about basically how she was the victim of this smear campaign, when multiple people in DPLE feel that she is a POI in a case that they can't do anything with because of no body..... That is some next level sociopathic shit.

M

member 603

what colour is your tshirt?

*this joke might be funny only if you watched the documentary
I gotta start watching this show now, and I understand that reference because of talking to the staff.... It has to do with your experience level working there, or something like this. I remember the red shirts because I'm a nerd and like Star Trek, and the red shirts were the expendable no named people... I joked that "do you REALLY want to be a red shirt working around these creatures?" and no one got that joke.

I gotta start watching this show now, and I understand that reference because of talking to the staff.... It has to do with your experience level working there, or something like this. I remember the red shirts because I'm a nerd and like Star Trek, and the red shirts were the expendable no named people... I joked that "do you REALLY want to be a red shirt working around these creatures?" and no one got that joke.
It's a good watch bud.

Thanks Too swole to control @Too swole to control

M

member 603

I'm looking through some old pictures to see if I have any from then, it would have been like spring time 2016 if I remember correctly, if I find some I'll post it here.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I binged this show twice already. I’m entrenched in this world (we keep hundreds of reptiles not big cats) so I know people who were involved or know people involved. One of my friends talks with Joe Exotic in jail every so often.

My good friend used to work for the Scarface dude (Mario in ep1) 20 years ago caring for some of his animals.

There’s a book written about the dude who’s showing off snakes and the snow leopard in Ep1 as well, Tom Crutchfield.
Other good books in this genre are

Behind the Looking Glass
Snake Charmer
Stolen World
The Lizard King

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
She absolutely killed her ex. I know so many people who know them personally and say the same shit. She’s been a bane in our hobby for years. She’s always trying to pass AR laws in Florida preventing folks like ourselves from keeping certain animals when Florida Fish and Wildlife has already started their own “reptiles of concern” program requiring permits and standards for keeping some not so easy to work with species (read: giant snakes, monitors etc etc).

In the end she wants to be the only person who is allowed to keep big cats and wants to shut everyone else down. She’s bred cubs herself so she’s not innocent in the things she’s trying to pin down on others.

Every niche in our hobby has their quirks but big cat folks are another level. Snake people are alright to a degree, monitor people are cool. Cham people are dorks and gecko people are probably the coolest (ahem). Dog people can be fucking crazy and of source the regular house cat folks are batshit. It’s a weird hobby lol

M

member 603

She absolutely killed her ex. I know so many people who know them personally and say the same shit. She’s been a bane in our hobby for years. She’s always trying to pass AR laws in Florida preventing folks like ourselves from keeping certain animals when Florida Fish and Wildlife has already started their own “reptiles of concern” program requiring permits and standards for keeping some not so easy to work with species (read: giant snakes, monitors etc etc).

In the end she wants to be the only person who is allowed to keep big cats and wants to shut everyone else down. She’s bred cubs herself so she’s not innocent in the things she’s trying to pin down on others.

Every niche in our hobby has their quirks but big cat folks are another level. Snake people are alright to a degree, monitor people are cool. Cham people are dorks and gecko people are probably the coolest (ahem). Dog people can be fucking crazy and of source the regular house cat folks are batshit. It’s a weird hobby lol
Oh I absolutely agree.... One of my close friends hosts Shampooch annually over in Thornton Park, and has donated tens of thousands of dollars to Florida Little Dog Rescue, and local SPCA..... The FLDR people are fucking weird... As are the Feline Rescue of Central Florida.... Like to the point that you don't want to even help them. Fucking weirdos here

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Oh I absolutely agree.... One of my close friends hosts Shampooch annually over in Thornton Park, and has donated tens of thousands of dollars to Florida Little Dog Rescue, and local SPCA..... The FLDR people are fucking weird... As are the Feline Rescue of Central Florida.... Like to the point that you don't want to even help them. Fucking weirdos here
Some of them are PETA/AR agents in disguise. They think they're the only ones that can do good for their cause and there is no middle ground with them. They ignore the fact that at home hobbyists have bred more endangered species than any zoo has (not knocking zoos, I know plenty of AZA institutions that do amazing work). I myself have introduced a number of threatened species into the AZA managed species programs from animals I've bred to get them established in an official studbook and tracking system.

Some folks ruin it for the good ones which sucks. We're always trying to police our own and calling out assholes who continue to create sensationalistic videos of giant snakes hanging around their babies, or how their dog is best friends with their Burmese pythons or how they dress up bearded dragons in dragon wings or stupid IDIOTS free handling venomous snakes. Those folks are the ones who will shut down all of the good work folks do in this hobby to help learn and breed some amazing creatures in captivity. It's not for everyone, I completely understand, but someone has to do it otherwise the corporations are going to continue to burn and clear cut every tree down for toilet paper and there will be no natural habitat for many of these animals to reside in. What's worse...living in captivity or going extinct?

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Some of them are PETA/AR agents in disguise. They think they're the only ones that can do good for their cause and there is no middle ground with them. They ignore the fact that at home hobbyists have bred more endangered species than any zoo has (not knocking zoos, I know plenty of AZA institutions that do amazing work). I myself have introduced a number of threatened species into the AZA managed species programs from animals I've bred to get them established in an official studbook and tracking system.

Some folks ruin it for the good ones which sucks. We're always trying to police our own and calling out assholes who continue to create sensationalistic videos of giant snakes hanging around their babies, or how their dog is best friends with their Burmese pythons or how they dress up bearded dragons in dragon wings or stupid IDIOTS free handling venomous snakes. Those folks are the ones who will shut down all of the good work folks do in this hobby to help learn and breed some amazing creatures in captivity. It's not for everyone, I completely understand, but someone has to do it otherwise the corporations are going to continue to burn and clear cut every tree down for toilet paper and there will be no natural habitat for many of these animals to reside in. What's worse...living in captivity or going extinct?
@ja$on