General Tiger vs Lion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

who wins?

• Tiger

• Lion

Results are only viewable after voting.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Legit question- Do we have any info of the winners from times when animals were pitted against each other? Like during Roman times or some crazy rich fucks through out history?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Legit question- Do we have any info of the winners from times when animals were pitted against each other? Like during Roman times or some crazy rich fucks through out history?
From what I've read, the grizzly fucked up everything. Tigers will prey on them if they are weak or injured but a big brown bear wrecks all in the large carnivore weight class. I have read that bears easily killed bulls but I have a tough time believing that, having seen vids of bulls easily smashing lions and throwing cars around. Giraffes can have a go against the cats but I think a large grizzly would fold one up like a deck chair.

Above them are hippos and rhinos, who can go back and forth. The king of all is the elephant.

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
Male lions have a mane for protection and a key role is in taking over and protecting prides from other carnivores.

They actively attack other male lions. So my guess is that they would be more likely to initiate the fight

But its a fight they shouldn't pick. Tigers are way bigger and way more athletic

It's like a top 15 middleweight fighting a juiced up jon Jones
Good Sir, a juiced up tiger would have no need to resort to eye pokes, pico grams and hit and runs on pregnant gazelles

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yes we used to discuss this a lot on the OG. Got into some long debates over this one, interspecies combat threads lol. I believe Leigh @Leigh may have been there. It was fun. Anyway, wasn't much historical info about this to be found, though Cleopatra's memoirs indicated the Barbary Lion won most encounters vs tigers. And brown bears which I find even more doubtful.

Though the only place where brown bear vs tiger can occur, Siberia has the tiger winning the only known, very rare encounters.(maybe once or twice). I would speculate the Siberian must have won by taking the bear's back and attacking the throat area.;)

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Yes we used to discuss this a lot on the Grindr. Got into some long debates over this one, interspecies combat threads lol. I believe Leigh @Leigh may have been there. It was fun. Anyway, wasn't much historical info about this to be found, though Cleopatra's memoirs indicated the Barbary Lion won most encounters vs tigers. And brown bears which I find even more doubtful.

Though the only place where brown bear vs tiger can occur, Siberia has the tiger winning the only known, very rare encounters.(maybe once or twice). I would speculate the Siberian must have won by taking the bear's back and attacking the throat area.;)
I remember reading some from those threads back then but never paid much attention to them because they usually went crazy off topic.

Last edited:
M

member 3289

It was more than once or twice. There was a research study that showed brown bears killing tigers 15/24 times and tigers killing brown bears 9/24 times.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
It was more than once or twice. There was a research study that showed brown bears killing tigers 15/24 times and tigers killing brown bears 9/24 times.
I think it's reasonable to assume that a number of the tigers' victories were ambush attacks against smaller/injured bears. I think it's also reasonable to assume that it's less likely for the bears to have ambushed the tigers.

Therefore, my conclusions are that it's likely that in head to head fights with healthy adult males of both species, the win-loss record would favour the bear even more heavily.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think it's reasonable to assume that a number of the tigers' victories were ambush attacks against smaller/injured bears. I think it's also reasonable to assume that it's less likely for the bears to have ambushed the tigers.

Therefore, my conclusions are that it's likely that in head to head fights with healthy adult males of both species, the win-loss record would favour the bear even more heavily.
^^^ look at fucking Steve Irwin here

M

member 3289

I tried to find the info but the source I was thinking of mixes black bears and brown bears together when talking about their interactions.

It has a 22-12 kill rate in favor of tigers, but without mentioning how many of the bears were the smaller black bear:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
interspecies combat between predators is silly.

They're not motivated by Feeding or Fucking, so nobody is fighting all in.

it's like asking if Unmotivated BJ would beat NoJuice Jones.

M

member 3289

interspecies combat between predators is silly.

They're not motivated by Feeding or Fucking, so nobody is fighting all in.
Do you ever get tired of being wrong? See below, goof

I tried to find the info but the source I was thinking of mixes black bears and brown bears together when talking about their interactions.

It has a 22-12 kill rate in favor of tigers, but without mentioning how many of the bears were the smaller black bear:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
those interactions were territorial, not predatory.

If bears or tigers preyed on each other, there would be a shitload more than 20 interactions recorded.

M

member 3289

those interactions were territorial, not predatory.

If bears or tigers preyed on each other, there would be a shitload more than 20 interactions recorded.
You continue to be wrong. There were 44 interactions and certain tigers are known to prey on bears in that region.

Reading is hard, I know.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You continue to be wrong. There were 44 interactions and certain tigers are known to prey on bears in that region.

Reading is hard, I know.
the ones that are preyed on are old/sick/injured. That's nature.

It's pretty easy to tell which one of us worked with night-shift with an actual Zoologist for 3 years and which one googled "Tigers vs Bears"

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You have no way of knowing this.
it's called the Scientific Method, and it relies on logical deduction.

it's basically magic to people like you.

M

member 3289

it's called the Scientific Method, and it relies on logical deduction.

it's basically magic to people like you.
The scientific method has nothing to do with this, dork.

Just admit you were wrong about the number of interactions.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The scientific method has nothing to do with this, dork.

Just admit you were wrong about the number of interactions.
Bear and Tigers in one part of the world don't suddenly defy Nature.

Bears are not a prey species of Tigers, and Tigers are not a prey species of Bears.
Animals don't have fights for glory, they fight for food and sex.