Tim Sylvia thanks fans, blasts UFC snub on arm surgery: ‘If this was Chuck Liddell, there’d be no problem’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Former UFC heavyweight champ Tim Sylvia said it was his fiancee’s idea to start a GoFundMe drive to help pay for his arm surgery. But he also hoped his former promoter would step in and step up.

“At least help,” Sylvia told MMA Fighting on Friday. “Pay half of it. I don’t care. Just give me $10,000, and I’ll pay the first $10,000 and I’ll put it back in the bank and pay my bills and stuff.”

According to Sylvia, the estimate to repair his arm 16 years after Frank Mir broke it at UFC 48 is around $16,000, provided he doesn’t suffer any complications and his post-surgery rehab proceeds without issue. Sylvia’s doctor recommended a second corrective surgery after a checkup revealed an infection in the arm that could go to the bone, requiring more serious medical intervention....

Continue reading:

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
He's not wrong,

But he comes across as an entitled whiner here.

Namaste

M

member 3289

Any other major U.S. sport and this would be covered by an extensive insurance policy negotiated by the players' association

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I feel bad for Tim, but he (like all fighters) enter the sport with knowledge and acceptance of the risk to their physical health.
It’s important to note that the UFC has absolutely no responsibility to support this in any manner. Tim elected not to tap and is accountable for the resulting snap. Tim has also been less than an advocate for the company he is looking for money from.

I would have hoped they would take care of one of their former champions in a time of need but that is probably out the window now with Tim taking his gripe public. If he had handled it behind the scenes I would not have been surprised if the UFC covered all of it, but now I can’t see them giving him one red cent.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It would be a nice gesture from the UFC to help Tim out.