Time for Silva to retire?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Should Anderson Silva retire?

• Yes

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters

TheLDPodcast

Aug 17, 2016
I feel like I already posted a thread like this, asking should Anderson Silva continue fighting (probably before his previous fight). I personally think it's time he called it a day. He's proven himself as one of the GOAT's in his day, he most likely doesn't have another title run in him, he most likely would lose to any of the top 5 in MW right now. I just don't see any positives in him risking his health getting back into the octagon?
Is that Reebok money worth it?

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
I feel like I already posted a thread like this, asking should Anderson Silva continue fighting (probably before his previous fight). I personally think it's time he called it a day. He's proven himself as one of the GOAT's in his day, he most likely doesn't have another title run in him, he most likely would lose to any of the top 5 in MW right now. I just don't see any positives in him risking his health getting back into the octagon?
Is that Reebok money worth it?
why dontcha add a poll =)

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Good idea :relieved:
soryr my votes no tho

the dude is very talented still. if he wants to fight, im happy for him and ill definitely tune in

i dont want to see him versus a cuople dudes tho. like romero. i have no interest in romero vs anderson

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Do you have no interest because you think he'd be destroyed?
i dont even think he would get destroyed every minute of the fight. but i just fear that one probably outcomoe would be him unconscious, with a broken orbital

and im not down for that. so that rationale definitely fits in with your overall rationale, id guess. im just not quite there yet. thgere are still plenty of fights id love seeig him in

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
if he wasn't getting hit, I'd be all for it.
but getting hit a lot at this stage in his career, considering all the gym wars he's been in, makes me think I'd rather see him doing fun things that don't involve getting hit in the head. He's brought enough joy to my life, he should save some for himself.

TheLDPodcast

Aug 17, 2016
i dont even think he would get destroyed every minute of the fight. but i just fear that one probably outcomoe would be him unconscious, with a broken orbital

and im not down for that. so that rationale definitely fits in with your overall rationale, id guess. im just not quite there yet. thgere are still plenty of fights id love seeig him in
Like who? You've peeked my curiosity...

TheLDPodcast

Aug 17, 2016
if he wasn't getting hit, I'd be all for it.
but getting hit a lot at this stage in his career, considering all the gym wars he's been in, makes me think I'd rather see him doing fun things that don't involve getting hit in the head. He's brought enough joy to my life, he should save some for himself.
SUG vs Jon Jones? Or Chael?

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Like who? You've peeked my curiosity...
i awas afraid u were going to ask. i am not vested enough in anderson to have a response to this

if he never fights again, id be fine, too. but i just know that im still excited to see him against almost anyone. outside romero,,,

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think it's very difficult for him to compete in the post usada era, at least compete clean.
But the man makes a lot of money doing what he does, how can I tell him to stop or prefer it? I'm fine with him, he's still competitive and fun to watch, and frankly I don't see him making a whole lot of money doing anything else.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Who've you got for that?
I say silva via triangle.
Chael's wrestling is so intense that Silva would spend the whole fight attacking from his back.
Silva sweeps with an omoplata and hits the far-side kimura.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I'm not sure.. Undecided.
I still think there's at least 2 great performances left in that old body of his. Kinda want to see them.
But recently;
  • Beat Diaz before dick pill gate - even when looking like half himself.
  • He beat Bisping imo, but gave the judges a reason to rob him.
  • Hurt Cormier's liver on 2 days notice & played guard for 3 rounds cos he was gassed...
Just bizarre last couple fights, but Saturday will show whether he still has it since he trained in brazil with jacare & co to fight in brazil.
If he still has it, no excuse not to look good here. if he looks good, let him bang bro. Otherwise, no.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Guys like Anderson are why I think there should be a UFC Masters suborg or something like that...Imo still has a lot of talent, technique and speed for his age, but likely not enough to hang with most of the MW top 10.

I don't think he's at the BJ Penn stage where he should just stay in the sunset and enjoy the sport from the sidelines, but he's be better suited against other veterans rather than guys at their peak.

StillReal

My name is Mark.
Mar 19, 2016
I hope they all fight til they turn to fuckin' dust. Roid EM UP AND SEND EM TO BELLATOR BABY!!!

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
He did just put a beating on the current middlweight champ a year ago and he also got the LHW champ pretty good with a body kick on 2 days notice, if that was a five rounder he might have had a chance at a finish.

This fight with brunson will be very telling as to whether he can get another shot at the title or not

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
its too bad that the ufc during the zuffa era signed older fighters to 8 fight contracts ensuring that they ended their career with the ufc or retired with fights on the contract.i would love to see andy get a win or 2 and head overseas or back to brazil and fight out his days like fedor.i do not want to see him fed to the next generation of killers just to build them up and get a name on their win list.this goes for shogun,little nog any of the old guys.there comes a time that they simply cant compete with the top 10 anymore.it doesnt mean they have nothing left to give