Tito Ortiz believes Fedor will sign with Bellator: 'I would love to fight him'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

While the UFC hosted four events in the span of a week, the major topic of discussion in the aftermath remains the return of heavyweight legendFedor Emelianenko. The latest fighter to offer his thoughts on the Russian's return was former UFC champion Tito Ortiz, who is confident that Fedor will join him on the Bellator roster. If that is the case, he would love to be the man to welcome the ‘Last Emperor' back from retirement.

"I think Fedor is signing with Bellator, and if he can get down to 205 I would love to fight him," Ortiz told Submission Radio. "I've always fought at 205, I will always fight at 205 because I know I'm in great shape when I fight at 205, but if Bellator could put that together; wow, can you imagine after I beat McGeary, me and Fedor for the light heavyweight title? That'd be amazing."

When asked why he appeared confident in Fedor joining him at Bellator, Ortiz cited the Russian's previous working relationship with Bellator CEO Scott Coker, as well as his recent appearances at promotional signings.

"Well, you know Scott Coker is a straight shooter and I know he's an awesome guy, and I know Fedor has had that great time with Bellator at the signings, and I know Scott Coker and Fedor are good friends, his managers are good friends with him. And you know it just seems like when you're in a good business relationship, things just make sense, and I don't know. We'll see."

LINK to full story: Tito Ortiz believes Fedor will sign with Bellator: 'I would love to fight him' - Bloody Elbow

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I don't think toto realises he's not an easy takedown and even though older fedor can still punch hard I would imagine, or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It would draw huge ratings. Coker is doing allot of right things. If he just stayed away from the Pro Wrasslin bs he would be awesome

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hmmmm tell Ortiz to shut it and fight fedor at heavy if need be. What's tito weigh if he doesn't cut weight?

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Wishful thinking on Tito's part, imo. There are a lot of fighters I wouldn't mind watching go up against Tito, but Fedor isn't one of them. If Fedor comes back, I want to see him try to avenge one of his last few losses. It's just all going to depend on his motives for coming back. If it's strictly for money, he'll go to Bellator. If he wants to feed a burning desire to compete and reinstate his legacy, he'll go to UFC. I'm really hoping for the latter.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
id love to see tito fight fedor in russia and walk in with eminem playing carrying an american flag.tito can go up and fight him at HW .he owes us one for fighting shlemenko

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I would absolutely purchase this PPV. I haven't given the scumbags at Zuffa a dime in years (and after Stich, that's going to continue), but love me some CokerMMA. Tito vs. Fedor would be such an amazing event.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Wishful thinking on Tito's part, imo. There are a lot of fighters I wouldn't mind watching go up against Tito, but Fedor isn't one of them. If Fedor comes back, I want to see him try to avenge one of his last few losses. It's just all going to depend on his motives for coming back. If it's strictly for money, he'll go to Bellator. If he wants to feed a burning desire to compete and reinstate his legacy, he'll go to UFC. I'm really hoping for the latter.
He isnt going to the UFC....nope nada chance.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If Fedor signs with Bellator it will only mean he's looking for the easiest pay day he can get.
Fedor really doesnt have anything left to prove. He may just wanna taste it again. I agree the fights wouldnt be hard at all but sometimes its only about the money, ask Dana

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Tito would have a hard time with Fedor, even Fedor at 39. Tito's a broken down LHW going against a broken down GOAT HW. Team Punished.

thebookofrob

New Jersey
Jul 18, 2015
Over 6 and a half years (and counting) in the making! FINALLY! Lol, but seriously - if it happens, good for Bellator. I'm going to be watching. Why wouldn't I? Fedor holds a soft spot in my heart. We've all watched worse things, that's for sure. I don't think anyone is expecting to see mid-2000's Fedor. I just want to see him make the walk again, and hopefully breaks out the Glorious Sweater of Absolute Victory one last time! (taken on an escalator at the Trump Tower - Manhattan)PicsArt_1437686391339.jpg

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If Fedor signs with Bellator it will only mean he's looking for the easiest pay day he can get.
the easiest payday he could get would be to come back for a one and done fight NYE in japan at anoki bom ba ye against a japanese wrestler or judoka

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Tito already has one loss headed his way and he's trying to sign up for another. I will always watch Tito and usually root for him, but I don't believe he has what it takes to get the belt at this point is his career. I'm all for "fun fights" with the legends, but I can't see Tito beating Fedor. Tito should shoot for another fight with Shamrock or try to talk Kimbo into a fight. Kimbo might get big ratings and Tito would rag doll him.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Over 6 and a half years (and counting) in the making! FINALLY! Lol, but seriously - if it happens, good for Bellator. I'm going to be watching. Why wouldn't I? Fedor holds a soft spot in my heart. We've all watched worse things, that's for sure. I don't think anyone is expecting to see mid-2000's Fedor. I just want to see him make the walk again, and hopefully breaks out the Glorious Sweater of Absolute Victory one last time! (taken on an escalator at the Trump Tower - Manhattan)View attachment 4181

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Idc if Fedors 50 he waxing Titos ass quicker than a Brazilian salon..